House Price Crash Forum
teddyboy

Bbc Bias Yet Again!

Yet again, BBC kiss the @ss of the Housing Market!!!

WHENEVER RIGHTMOVE SHOW INFLATION THEY REPORT IT!!!!

:angry: Now they mention a drop of 1.6% and its nowhere to be seen. This is BIAS beyond belief!!!!

TB

:angry: Now they mention a drop of 1.6% and its nowhere to be seen. This is BIAS beyond belief!!!!

TB

I try and avoid watching BBC news, it is repugnant, they are not even clever enough to try and disguise their left liberal bias.

#scoobydoo#

:ph34r:

TB

TB, I think BBC ignored their last report as well. The battering the Beeb got with examples of the ridiculously exaggerated RM prices might have caused them to drop RM from the reporting list. RM's credibility is in the dustbin and the BBC may want to try to keep theirs as intact as possible.

The Rightmove report just mentioned on BBC News business on the hour, along with oil price concerns with Iran.

Not that many will be watching I wouldnt have thought.

RB is correct they didn't report the 'largest price rise for over 4 years' which was the July report.

So up 2.9% in July, down 1.6% August. Who can say what the trend is up 0.6% or so each month on average plus noise.

TB

They don't report on every index out there. But in relation to what hazymemory says, could this months fall be a snap back from an exuberent July? Up 2.9% and then down 1.6%, so all in all up. They are asking prices anyhow and will probably yo-yo all over the place at the best of times.

They don't report on every index out there. But in relation to what hazymemory says, could this months fall be a snap back from an exuberent July? Up 2.9% and then down 1.6%, so all in all up. They are asking prices anyhow and will probably yo-yo all over the place at the best of times.

I agree that you can't take one month in isolation, but I stand by that the BBC are bias. Look at how they reported RICS spin: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4794251.stm So the BBC reported when prices fell at their fasted rate did they? I think not. Also, the BBC reported RICS survey in December 05, but never mentioned how RICS said prices were falling for the other 11 months in 2005.

I agree that you can't take one month in isolation, but I stand by that the BBC are bias. Look at how they reported RICS spin: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4794251.stm So the BBC reported when prices fell at their fasted rate did they? I think not. Also, the BBC reported RICS survey in December 05, but never mentioned how RICS said prices were falling for the other 11 months in 2005.

Wouldn't so much call them biased..but rubbish! Can't belive we pay a tax for them feckers (yes it is a tax).

:angry:

Off to work.

;)

Guest AuntJess

Maybe the Beeb are protecting their own interests - property progs. about how to make your pile into a pile of money. If houses are seen to be dropping then their do-it-up-and-sell-it-for-a-bomb programmes will 'bomb' themselves. :rolleyes:

Maybe the Beeb are protecting their own interests - property progs. about how to make your pile into a pile of money. If houses are seen to be dropping then their do-it-up-and-sell-it-for-a-bomb programmes will 'bomb' themselves. :rolleyes:

Of course they are. But the crash is coming regardless. They should bow to the inevitable and axe 'em to save face!

BBC News is an absolute disgrace. It is abundantly clear that management - for whatever reason - has a seriously left wing bias and their selective reporting reflects this. Their politically correct stance in every aspect from politics through to economics is neauseating in the extreme.

AND we have to pay to listen to their rubbish!

Just look at how the BBC are spinning Persimmon's financial results. They concentrate on the fact that Persimmon are quoted as saying the recent interest rate rise hasn't affected its business. Well of course it hasn't - they are announcing results for a period which didn't include the interest rate rise :angry:

Guest mattsta1964

I try and avoid watching BBC news, it is repugnant, they are not even clever enough to try and disguise their left liberal bias.

#scoobydoo#

:ph34r:

I totally agree. The BBC is a sham. Unbiased, public service broadcasting my a**e. My favourite comedy show though is Question Time.

Here's the fulll permission report: http://fool.uk-wire.com/cgi-bin/articles/2...700339314H.html

Note in their outlook, they say:

We have been encouraged by recent moves by the Government to improve the

planning process and we welcome the decision to reconsider the necessity for

full implementation of Housing Information Packs. The Bank of England's recent

decision to implement a quarter point rise in interest rates, effectively

reversing last August's cut, has had no tangible effect on our business or on

visitor levels or enquiries. These remain at healthy levels and employment

prospects remain good. For the majority of our homebuyers, decisions to move are

driven primarily by their family dynamics and therefore we expect this healthy

market to be sustainable.

Here's the fulll permission report: http://fool.uk-wire.com/cgi-bin/articles/2...700339314H.html

Note in their outlook, they say:

We have been encouraged by recent moves by the Government to improve the

planning process and we welcome the decision to reconsider the necessity for

full implementation of Housing Information Packs. The Bank of England's recent

decision to implement a quarter point rise in interest rates, effectively

reversing last August's cut, has had no tangible effect on our business or on

visitor levels or enquiries. These remain at healthy levels and employment

prospects remain good. For the majority of our homebuyers, decisions to move are

driven primarily by their family dynamics and therefore we expect this healthy

market to be sustainable.

The BBC is a major concern to the speed at which the "awakening" will arrive for people. I find myself today discussing with a co-worker why her husband’s idea of purchasing 2 BTL flats in Scotland would not be a good idea. I know they say in a bubble there is always one last person to sell to but image my surprise on discovering I work with her.

Indeed in Scotland the belief does exist that as the last correction in the housing market passed them by so will this one. I for my part hold regular gathering in my office, the gym and the pub where I preach to my flock about the wicked dangers of BTL, the BBC and Julius Blair. It is a task of some great size. The capacity of people to ignore the obvious never ceases to amaze me. It is however changing, albeit slowly. In these changing times these people look to the BBC and others for a regular report du jour to rest their weary greed on so is it the BBC’s fault? They merely give the people what they want. How else would people know how much they have “made” on their properties today without such steadfast reporting?

When all is said and done the end is nigh and apart from an apocalyptic meteor shower nothing can be done to prevent the inevitable correction. It is as sure as the greed that started this boom, the last boom and indeed the next boom. On a side note - I find it laughingly ironic that the word used to describe a rapid successful grow is “BOOM!!!” Clearly the destructive inevitability of this type of growth doesn’t escape everyone.

The BBC will change their position. I believe they lack the vision to try to protect their schedule as previously suggested. I doubt that even with help of the “Emperors new house price reports” they have the ability to hold together a curtain across the eyes of the country. In truth I think that as wars end, as hospital waiting lists don’t change, as minister’s aren’t getting caught taking bribes or other peoples spouses and on the back of another rate increase the BBC will find itself left with Hobson’s choice.

they didn't waste any time with this report - Healthy Market

That's ok - I want the VI's to keep talking up the market (interest rate rises don't affect us.. blah, blah, blah) so that the BOE don't get cold feet now that they have finally come round to the tightening way of thinking.

Keep things steady whilst another couple of .25% rises go through by Mar 07 and then we could be in business. UK debt levels should do the rest. :D

TB

I quite agree. The BBC have been well trained by the Blair government. I often wonder if they have ressurected the 'D notice' system (or maybe it never went away).

BBC News is an absolute disgrace. It is abundantly clear that management - for whatever reason - has a seriously left wing bias and their selective reporting reflects this. Their politically correct stance in every aspect from politics through to economics is neauseating in the extreme.

AND we have to pay to listen to their rubbish!

yes it was far better in the racist, sexist , homophobic days when we laughed at disabled, gay people, blacks on the TV and all women were meek little housewives and sex object.

get a life!

The BEEB were dropped I believe in the 2nd Gulf war, it was SKY NEWS that were the only ones allowed an access all areas policy. The BBC with others were accused of BIAS reporting on the Allied side. Now being an allie you would say that this is ok but the BBC world service was, and still is in some quaters, respected worldwide. Why am I telling you this????

Well the BBC have a DUTY to report NEWS in a FAIR, TRUTHFUL and UNBIAS WAY. I dont think they do when it comes to the housing market. This government has them by the b0llox. Apart from John Ried, no one at the BC or in the Government have the balls to call a spade a spade. Their persimmons report today is blatant ADVERTISING for the VI's and Builders. It is also as SPIN MACHINE for this government becuase a collapse in the housing market would be bad news for them and they will be finished.

The SHEEPLE of this country listen to the BBC, unfortunately. If I DIDNT have to pay for it then I would let it pass, but as a Licence payer (through law not choice) I deplore their VI bias!

TB

TB

I Would not be too upset, it was negative in the DAILY MIRROR, lets face it more people read that dreadful rag than look on the BBC website (I should think!)

yes it was far better in the racist, sexist , homophobic days when we laughed at disabled, gay people, blacks on the TV and all women were meek little housewives and sex object.

get a life!

It was indeed.