House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gruffydd

Uk Property Transactions Hit 6 Month Low...

http://www.sharecast.com/cgi-bin/sharecast...story_id=787318

Property transactions hit 6-month low

Mon 21 Aug 2006

LONDON (SHARECAST) - A new survey has shown that the number of actual transactions in the British housing market fell to a six month low in July.

New tax authority data from Revenue and Customs showed that the number of property transactions in England and Wales fell to 139,000 in July from 149,000 the month before.

Mon 21 Aug 2006

LONDON (SHARECAST) - A new survey has shown that the number of actual transactions in the British housing market fell to a six month low in July.

New tax authority data from Revenue and Customs showed that the number of property transactions in England and Wales fell to 139,000 in July from 149,000 the month before.

You're a bit late with that story, Gruffy, boy. Wake up!

Or are you playing the usual 'public relations' game of making sure that your name comes up in lights every so often? Did the diary note come out today?

p

You're a bit late with that story, Gruffy, boy. Wake up!

Or are you playing the usual 'public relations' game of making sure that your name comes up in lights every so often? Did the diary note come out today?

p

Bit nasty that Patprimer , obviously unlike you many of us on here don't read every post , everyday , i for one hadn't noticed it before , welldone gruff you got your name up in lights anyway, maybe patprimer is just having a bad hair day either that or he's sat on something sharp today :P .

Bit nasty that Patprimer , obviously unlike you many of us on here don't read every post , everyday , i for one hadn't noticed it before , welldone gruff you got your name up in lights anyway, maybe patprimer is just having a bad hair day either that or he's sat on something sharp today :P .

Good God, Gruff! How many names d'you have?

p

er . . . So ? That's because there's a shortage of supply. Friend of mine works for John Charcol . . . . more applications going thru than ever . . . most of 'em looking for offers in principle for when they actually find a place to put an offer on.

er . . . So ? That's because there's a shortage of supply. Friend of mine works for John Charcol . . . . more applications going thru than ever . . . most of 'em looking for offers in principle for when they actually find a place to put an offer on.

Yeah, Yeah. Whatever

I was just looking into this in the area of Bristol I am looking in. Transactions are down over 50% YOY and it is definately down to a shortage of supply - not much mew stuff coming to market and everything else has already sold. I've mentioned this to a few people at work and everyone agrees the shortage of supply is down to the fact that people are finding it difficult to move up to bigger houses so they're staying put.

Rrrrollox as my dog would say. More For Sale signs up round here than there were in the 2005 downturn. Woohoo.

Rrrrollox as my dog would say. More For Sale signs up round here than there were in the 2005 downturn. Woohoo.

Depends on where you live I guess. Sweet FA for sale in Ladbroke Grove/Portobello Rd/Notting Hill.

not sure that an application has to be submitted to get an agreement in principle... :unsure:

not sure that an application has to be submitted to get an agreement in principle... :unsure:

can anyone tell me why this website advertises mortgages from Abbey?

No it doesn't but if the applicant wants to be in a position to move quickly, they put in an application to the lender so that employer references, credit checks etc can be carried out so that all thats left to be done is a valuation on the property . . . . once they find it B)

Mon 21 Aug 2006

Does this not fly in the face of the land reg figures Gruff? I'm still bemused re. the "up 23% in sales volume" from land reg YoY did anyone de-bunk that?