House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Willy Weasel

Sales Volumes

Does anyone have some recent (ie more recent than the last LR report) on sales volumes. I have a feeling that the number of properties on the market and the number actually selling is falling through the floor at the moment. That in itself won't show up as a fall in house prices yet but I think that falling sales volumes will be the precursor of the HPC.

but I think that falling sales volumes will be the precursor of the HPC.

As it is in US which is 6 months ahead of us... ;)

fp

Does anyone have some recent (ie more recent than the last LR report) on sales volumes. I have a feeling that the number of properties on the market and the number actually selling is falling through the floor at the moment. That in itself won't show up as a fall in house prices yet but I think that falling sales volumes will be the precursor of the HPC.

Will the Law Society have any data on conveyancing transactions? I am out of touch now but still get the Gazette and have not seen anything in there relating to housing other than how unprepared the profession was to deal with HIPS had the U-turn not been made.

Will the Law Society have any data on conveyancing transactions? I am out of touch now but still get the Gazette and have not seen anything in there relating to housing other than how unprepared the profession was to deal with HIPS had the U-turn not been made.

I think that would be far too high-tec for the Law Society. I have spoken to a local agent this morning and he said that supply had improved since the low point which came in April. I seem to remember that he said the market was booming back in April though..... <_<