Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

Bankrupt Nu Labour Party Mirrors A Bankrupted Nation

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml...1/nlabour21.xml

Jobs, pay fears as Labour's debts pile up

By Katherine Griffiths and Christopher Hope
(Filed: 21/08/2006)
Labour insiders fear
that the party is facing a cash crisis so serious that it may not be able to pay its 230 employees next month.
Westminster
In addition, the high-value fund-raising department at the heart of the loans for peerages scandal is to be disbanded and several of its key employees will be made redundant.
The party is also understood to be looking for
voluntary redundancies
among staff at its northern regional office in Newcastle to cut costs.
Some sources suggested that the party was considering a £1,000-a-head whip-round among its MPs or leaning on unions such as Unison to provide more money.
One said: "Labour faces a financial drama unprecedented in its 100-year history and there are
grave doubts over whether it can pay the wage bill in September.
"

They are just a reflection of the HPI-MEW debt-ridden society they have created. Some miracle economy. :angry:

Edited by Realistbear

Your tesco icon has just reminded me about the news item I heard the other day about a huge number of new tesco stores go massivley over their planning permission limits....

Another indicator that NuLabour have bankrupted the nation and don't give a literal SH*T about the NHS either:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21082006/356/bowe...sparks-row.html

Bowel cancer drug ruling sparks row

ITN Monday August 21, 08:31 AM

Bowel cancer is the third most common form of the disease in Britain and kills 16,000 people every year.

A Government value-for-money watchdog has enraged cancer patients by refusing to provide two bowel cancer drugs on the NHS.

The National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence said the medicines, Avastin and Erbitux, were not cost effective.

Cancer charities plan to challenge the ruling, describing it as a "backward step" and warning that thousands of patients will die early as a result.

Hilary Whittaker, chief executive of Beating Bowel Cancer, said the decision a "scandal" and said the drug was widely available across Europe.

"Why should patients in the UK be worse off than patients in the rest of Europe?," she said. "It just doesn't add up."

Bowel cancer is the third most common form of the disease in Britain and kills 16,000 people every year.

A Government value-for-money watchdog has enraged cancer patients by refusing to provide two bowel cancer drugs on the NHS.

The National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence said the medicines, Avastin and Erbitux, were not cost effective.

Cancer charities plan to challenge the ruling, describing it as a "backward step" and warning that thousands of patients will die early as a result.

Hilary Whittaker, chief executive of Beating Bowel Cancer, said the decision a "scandal" and said the drug was widely available across Europe.

"Why should patients in the UK be worse off than patients in the rest of Europe?," she said. "It just doesn't add up."[/b]

Course it adds up!!!! Gordon is trying to "knock off" some of the pensioners to lighten the pensions crisis!! :ph34r:

These drugs only increase lifespan by a an average 5 months in Avastin's case and a similar amount in the case of Erbitux. They would be better lobbying for money to research for something that was a cure for this desease rather than a sticking plaster, even if that sticking plaster looks awfuly tempting when death is close.

i can't see the problem

why can't they go and get a "loan"

:lol::lol::lol:

While I think much of this situation, debt-strangled graduates, indebted home 'owners', and yes, even debt-ridden chavs - has been contrived by Labour to control the masses, I believe the pigeons have come home to roost now and the tables are turning. On top of the Labour Party's financial mess, even Blair faces bankruptcy - the 'value' of his hideous £3million btl (one of a few btls he 'owns' apparently, along with many in the Labour government) has already dropped enormously. In a crash he and his cronies would lose everything - and once kicked out, I doubt anyone, especially the business organisations in whose pocket he lives, would want the embarrassment of paying such a loser large sums of money to go on the after-dinner speech circuit - which is how he hopes to make millions once out of office. :rolleyes:

I doubt anyone, especially the business organisations in whose pocket he lives, would want the embarrassment of paying such a loser large sums of money to go on the after-dinner speech circuit - which is how he hopes to make millions once out of office.

I'm sure Blair knows of enough skeletons in enough expensive closets to keep himself on the gravy train for life.

I doubt anyone, especially the business organisations in whose pocket he lives, would want the embarrassment of paying such a loser large sums of money to go on the after-dinner speech circuit - which is how he hopes to make millions once out of office. :rolleyes:

I think that unfortunatley Blair will make big money out of appearence fees after he's out of office, even John Major is supposed to have made a lot of money supposedly, and he was only in office for a little while when not much happened plus he's famed for being dull.

While I think much of this situation, debt-strangled graduates, indebted home 'owners', and yes, even debt-ridden chavs - has been contrived by Labour to control the masses

It's been more of a PR exersize (ie hiding the facts to stay in power) rather than a 'once you in debt you under our control' situation

I think they throught that people would moderate their borrowing/spending and keep inflation under control when they started surpressed wages through immigration policy

It's obviously not happened - people are unconsiously borrowing to maintain their lifestyles - or increasingly as inflation rises - to LIVE day-to-day (inflation is so subtle they don't even realise it)

I'm not sure if even the recent 'bluff' of nudging up IR to control borrowing/spending will work (attacking inflation from top and bottom)

IMO they'll back down after a couple of small rises (they don't want to crash the housing market), redefine/hide inflation again and increase immigration even more to surpress us

Edited by dnd

IMO they'll back down after a couple of small rises and redefine/hide inflation again

You can't hide inflation for long when people are having to borrow money just to pay essential bills. The only thing that's 'hidden' inflation for the last few years is the massive rise in house prices and consequent MEW-ing.

You can't hide inflation for long when people are having to borrow money just to pay essential bills. The only thing that's 'hidden' inflation for the last few years is the massive rise in house prices and consequent MEW-ing.

I honestly think most people haven't yet made the connection between their borrowings and inflation

They'll string it out for as long as they can - until the press make the public more aware

IIRC BOE's Merv stated that the public's awareness of inflation is more damaging than inflation itself - he's right!!!

From personal experience I know of people who have been saved from financial hardship by MEWing - it's catching up with them though...

Edited by dnd

Guest mattsta1964

i can't see the problem

why can't they go and get a "loan"

...oh dear :P

I reckon they are also running out of rich 'friends' to sell peerages to. Maybe Gordo will contrive some means of financing the Labour party by some new hidden stealth tax!

Merely a softener to explain to the Gonad Gnuardian readers for the need for state funding of political parties.

I'm sure they can come to some comfortable arrangement with the also desperately hard up conservatives for taxpayers money to be contributed to their propaganda departments.

Even those who loathe and despise the saprophytic parasites will then be forced to contribute to their destruction of Great Britain.

Nice..

Reminds me of this:

"State funding is no solution for bankrupt political parties"

…And somewhere else I read (can’t find the link right now) about ‘anonymizing’ political donations. I.e. grouping donations into one big fund so individual parties can’t see who’s paying into them. This might have the same effect of an anonymous ballet, as politicians can’t monitor who’s voting for them.

This idea being that a political party is less like to offer something in return for a donation, when they aren’t sure that they are actually receiving this money.

Another indicator that NuLabour have bankrupted the nation and don't give a literal SH*T about the NHS either:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21082006/356/bowe...sparks-row.html

Bowel cancer drug ruling sparks row

ITN Monday August 21, 08:31 AM

"Why should patients in the UK be worse off than patients in the rest of Europe?," she said. "It just doesn't add up."

What's ironic is that the NHS will waste millions on homeopathy, a quack treatment proven to only have a placebo effect, yet the above drugs with proven track record are not given the time of day. :angry:

What's ironic is that the NHS will waste millions on homeopathy, a quack treatment proven to only have a placebo effect, yet the above drugs with proven track record are not given the time of day. :angry:

Which trust?

These drugs only increase lifespan by a an average 5 months in Avastin's case and a similar amount in the case of Erbitux. They would be better lobbying for money to research for something that was a cure for this desease rather than a sticking plaster, even if that sticking plaster looks awfuly tempting when death is close.

If I new I was going to die, I'd love a few extra months to spend with the ones I love.

If I new I was going to die, I'd love a few extra months to spend with the ones I love.

With you 100%.

It's ok if you're famous and want to squander a new liver. It's ok if you're not too sure whether you're a he or a she and need a 'cut and shut' operation. It's ok if you come to Britain with AIDS and need long-term treatment...... but need to live a little bit longer.... go **** yourself.

What if your extra few months are at the expense of denying (possibly lifesaving) treatment for someone who would benefit much more?

There is a finite amount of money available, it needs to be spent wisely. Spending £90,000 so someone can spend an extra 5 months in an NHS bed does not necessarily sound the best use of funds.