House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

Lloyds-tsb Throw Cold Water On Scots "soaring" H P I Claims

http://www.theherald.co.uk/news/68176.html

House prices set for soft landing

SCOTLAND's house price boom is heading for a soft landing, according to Lloyds TSB.
It said prices rose over the past quarter, but by nothing like the growth seen in recent years.
The bank said the average house sold for £141,338 in the three months through to the end of July, 1.1% more than during the previous quarter...../
The Lloyds TSB figures show huge differences in trends across the nation.
Prices fell in Aberdeen and Dundee during the last quarter, by 2.4% and 0.4% respectively.
Annual figures for Aberdeen and Dundee, however, were both up 17%, more than anywhere else .

The slowdown from YoY +17 to -2.4% in just one quarter shows a significant slowing and not exactly a "soft landing" where you would find a gradual tapering off in the plus side before negative figures showed up. Looked at graphically, this is crash speed. :o

I live in Aberdeen - place is a Joke!!

THe other day i even dared to ride a bus to town - having a laugh with my friends before i boarded - they said it would be a polish driver and take me to dundee instead of city centre.

I boarded bus and to my surprise it was a smelly polish driver..asked him a simple question and he had no idea what i was speaking about..(just bought a single and sat down)

every customer who got on after me asked him a simple question..he again never knew the answer...

Well, you do get what you pay for i suppose!!

still spent £60 boozing though - anyone worked out where your money goes when your drinking??

The slowdown from YoY +17 to -2.4% in just one quarter shows a significant slowing and not exactly a "soft landing" where you would find a gradual tapering off in the plus side before negative figures showed up. Looked at graphically, this is crash speed. :o

Prices are up 17% over the year - this is taking into consideration the 2.4% drop in the last quarter so you're not comparing like with like.

polish driver..asked him a simple question and he had no idea what i was speaking about

Perhaps you should do something about your accent.

every customer who got on after me asked him a simple question..he again never knew the answer...

"... every customer ..." Are bus drivers the source of all knowledge in Aberdeen? Or do you suffer from artistic licence?

p