House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

China Hikes I R To Cool Economy

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/5262930.stm

China ups rates to cool economy

China has raised interest rates for the second time this year, as it continues efforts to cool its booming economy.
The central bank increased the main lending rate by 0.27% to 6.12%, in an effort to slow down a surge in construction and credit.

:blink:

They have got a lot of work to do to cool that economy. :huh:

May be if they let their currancy float a bit more? By the way have you noticed how quiet the US politicos have gone about the value of the Chinese currancy just lately. I wonder if old Ben B at the Fed has explained to them about the risks of importing inflation. :o

Edited by FTBagain

They have got a lot of work to do to cool that economy. :huh:

May be if they let their currancy float a bit more? By the way have you noticed how quiet the US politicos have gone about the value of the Chinese currancy just lately. I wonder if old Ben B at the Fed has explained to them about the risks of importing inflation. :o

I think that they are keeping inflation at bay by buying USD treasurys.

Which keeps the dollar stronger and the yuan weaker, which allows the US to buy Chinese goods with money that the Chinese have lent them. The Chinese can then invest the income in ever more US Treasury stock.