House Price Crash Forum

Have You Noticed Where All The Bulls Are?

Impartial

HOLA441

They have toodled off to a place where there is not as much intelligence and a hell of a lot less opposition to their views.

A place where they feel much more comfortable preaching to a lesser audience where they will recieve less opposition thus making themselves feel (counterproductively) better.

A place which has little more than 10% the activity this site has.

A true bull would stand tall and strong and preach his view from the highest plynth to get the attention from as many non believers (as far as they can see) as posssible.

Yes my friends, TTRTR and others have decided to preach to the 30 members of the other side.

Says it all really, trying to make themselves feel better by talking to a lesser crowd so less objection to their optimistic fantastical ideas to where this is all heading. Call it what you want but a psychologist would call this denial.

HOLA442

They have toodled off to a place where there is not as much intelligence and a hell of a lot less opposition to their views.

A place where they feel much more comfortable preaching to a lesser audience where they will recieve less opposition thus making themselves feel (counterproductively) better.

A true bull would stand tall and strong and preach his view from the highest plynth to get the attention from as many non believers (as far as they can see) as posssible.

Yes my friends, TTRTR and others have decided to preach to the 30 members of the other side.

Says it all really, trying to make themselves feel better by talking to a lesser crowd so less objection to their optimistic fantastical ideas to where this is all heading. Call it what you want but a psychologist would call this denial.

Do you really believe that? I'm a bull, not through choice but from what I am seeing.

The reason that bulls like myself are not posting as frequently is that bears are doing a great job themselves. HPI increases, no sign of sales dropping, ever increasing population. All this is being highlighted by bears. Not bears that want so much for a hpc to happen that they bury there heads in the sand. Bears that do want a hpc but are honest enough to admit it isn't happening at the moment and they don't think it will for at least a short while yet.

I don't think there are any bulls crazy enough to think prices will increase at a similar rate to the last 5 years or so. Not on hpc.c.uk anyway. Maybe hopeful ftb'ers. But I certainly expect prices to keep climbing slowly in the SE for the next couple of years at least. We will have to wait for a few months to see whether the IR increase has dented buyers confidence but I doubt it has.

HOLA443

Do you really believe that? I'm a bull, not through choice but from what I am seeing.

The reason that bulls like myself are not posting as frequently is that bears are doing a great job themselves. HPI increases, no sign of sales dropping, ever increasing population. All this is being highlighted by bears. Not bears that want so much for a hpc to happen that they bury there heads in the sand. Bears that do want a hpc but are honest enough to admit it isn't happening at the moment and they don't think it will for at least a short while yet.

I don't think there are any bulls crazy enough to think prices will increase at a similar rate to the last 5 years or so. Not on hpc.c.uk anyway. Maybe hopeful ftb'ers. But I certainly expect prices to keep climbing slowly in the SE for the next couple of years at least. We will have to wait for a few months to see whether the IR increase has dented buyers confidence but I doubt it has.

Are you talking about growing debt here?

That's an issue you need to be aware of. 8 repos in 3 weeks in my local(ish) town from one agency. Hmnn, Hrumph, Phheww, and 'cor blimey guv. are you sure about this end of the market.

Also BTL's a.k.a. optimistic builders are in cohort with EA's. Fact.

Don't think of me as a cynic but a businessman, 'cos the market 'aint about homes for people at the mo, it's about profit / debt and has been for too long. It prices out the immigrants and keeps them down, but fu55ed over many FTB.

It will rebalance and HPI is a myth and I know it.

Many £100K not sellling and being reduced in price and many £400K+ being built and no doubt bought.

Remember we are market specific - we're not looking at avearge stats on this forum personally.

FTB stats are not good, why else the deformed stats by building regs for 4 /5 beds that even you bulls see and use as argument.

HOLA444

Yep, I've been to the 'dark side' for a couple of weeks and can confirm that it's bull city - and so I came back here

It's turned into Singing Pig II...

HOLA445
Guest muttley

But I certainly expect prices to keep climbing slowly in the SE for the next couple of years at least.

What do you think will happen in a couple of years?

Why do you think this will only happen in the SE? Is it because you live there?

HOLA446

And a psychologist would call this dillusional.

I can't be ar5ed to even argue a bear argument, as far as i'm concerned the stats, history, dynamic, paradigm, overview, analysis all point to hpd (housepricedeflation).

OK it may take some more time still - i'm guessing up to 2008/2009, all the economists that predicted it 2002/3 were traditional analysts that didn't take into account the China effect or the extent central banks would go through to ensure their 'favoured' governments stayed in power. The UK has fought one bloody good fight I have to give Gordon that, on a purely spin basis and juggling of finance basis this Chancellor has won hands down. Unfortunatley nothing is for ever, all good things come to an end, every silver lining has a dark cloud and the sooner this fiasco is highlighted as the bodge it leg it policy it is - the better. Keep the faith people.

Until then, check gold/silver having their August pullback as the great Dr B suggested and buy baby buy. We're looking at $800+ come February.

HOLA447

Yep, I've been to the 'dark side' for a couple of weeks and can confirm that it's bull city - and so I came back here

Well that just about sums it up.

People who want one a bulletin board that reflects rather than challenges their opinions. zzzzzzzzzz...

"When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do?"

HOLA448

Why do you think this will only happen in the SE? Is it because you live there?

No it's because a lot of other people want to live here, hence the hpi in SE is out performing other areas in the long term.

Btw, why is this thread deemed off-topic?

HOLA449

No it's because a lot of other people want to live here, hence the hpi in SE is out performing other areas in the long term.

Btw, why is this thread deemed off-topic?

Massive internal migration is constantly taking place in to the SE - People are leaving the North in their droves - FACT

HOLA4410
Guest muttley

Massive internal migration is constantly taking place in to the SE - People are leaving the North in their droves - FACT

That's interesting, because the EAs around here said that prices were going up because of people moving up from the South.

HOLA4411

Well that just about sums it up.

People who want one a bulletin board that reflects rather than challenges their opinions. zzzzzzzzzz...

"When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do?"

I don't want a debate - esp with the narrow minded

I want to raise awareness of certain issues that need highlighting and are not being covered adequately in the mainstream media eg real inflation

IMO HPC is an ideal wide, mass appeal platform

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

This site started as a complaint about the vested interests. But it quickly became a way to exploit the people who it claimed to support. I therefore removed my support and used my right to take my views to a place where people won't attempt to control what I say or what others say for me to read.

Hi TTRTR

I think you made your point. I for one would like to see you around on this form once again. You're a great foil for many Bears. ;)

Tinners.

HOLA4414

Hi TTRTR

I think you made your point. I for one would like to see you around on this form once again. You're a great foil for many Bears. ;)

Tinners.

Maybe in the past - now his views would simply be laughed at...

Archived