HOLA441
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
Guest AuntJess

Pitiful troll posting. Shame on you.

It reads like some script covered in red marker pen found in the dustbin outside the Radio Four Drama Department.

If you have something sensible to say, and want to engage in the debate, then do so. Don't piss me off by this juvenile play-acting.

Let me guess: next, you'll start complaining about your lumbago, and you'll be chuckling about the lovely daytrips you used to make to Clacton -- back in the good old days.

FFS, if you're going to bullsh1t us, do it convincingly.

Obviously not a person who can tell the truth when you read it. As for trolling, I find your abusive approach typical of a fairly immature person. A well-rounded personality would not need to be so scathing... or downright silly, even if I were a troll, but then I hail from a time when manners were important. B)

HOLA443
HOLA444

Obviously not a person who can tell the truth when you read it. As for trolling, I find your abusive approach typical of a fairly immature person. A well-rounded personality would not need to be so scathing... or downright silly, even if I were a troll, but then I hail from a time when manners were important. B)

Oh shut up you silly boy, you're not even close to sounding convincing.

You're hamming it up something rotten, and you've been rumbled.

Sorry "dear"!

:lol:

Edited by brassfarthing

HOLA445
Guest AuntJess

I believe it's Friday night and the bull can't hold his ale :lol::lol:

No worries! I have met twits like that all my life! I suspect that s/he won't be awfully successful in holding down a job if s/he can't learn to have a little more tolerance - and a little less cynicism - of the views of others.

HOLA446

No worries! I have met twits like that all my life! I suspect that s/he won't be awfully successful in holding down a job if s/he can't learn to have a little more tolerance - and a little less cynicism - of the views of others.

Yeah right.

Let me guess. You're now going to say that you're off to have a nice mug of Horlicks before drifting off to that nice Radio 2, while dreaming of how lucky we were to have experienced the 3 Day Week in the 70s, rampant inflation and the economic woes of Thatcherism.

Fock off, you pathetic arsewipe. You'll have to do better than this.

HOLA447
Guest pioneer31

Yeah right.

Let me guess. You're now going to say that you're off to have a nice mug of Horlicks before drifting off to that nice Radio 2, while dreaming of how lucky we were to have experienced the 3 Day Week in the 70s, rampant inflation and the economic woes of Thatcherism.

You really are a twerp.

Aunt Jess is genuine. I know who she is!

Take your silly comments somewhere else, like the local pub - oops can't do that, somebody might push your silly face in.

Nothing like hiding behind a keyboard is there BF? :rolleyes:

Edited by pioneer31

HOLA448
HOLA449
Guest AuntJess

Yeah right.

Fock off, you pathetic arsewipe. You'll have to do better than this. :lol:

You obviously have a very stereotyped rigid, ageist view of what retired people do. and there you were carrying on to others about their sterotypical tendencies.

Stick to what you do best - and leave the psychological profiling to those who have the talent knowledge and training for it.

BTW, in the 70's I had two children to look after - I never had chance to read about the three day week and I certainly never had one. You of course had a tremendous grasp of these issues, being all of - what was it? - 15 at the time. :rolleyes:

Trouble with people like you, prejudiced and bitter, is that you can't ever accept you made a mistake. You don't 'buy' me as a retired woman. I don't buy you as an IT manager either.In fact I have not seen evidence of any management skills at all.

I apologise to the other members of this thread, for responding to this person and helping to take the discussion off, but as someone who has been in a position of authority in my life, I don't much care for foul-mouthed abuse.

Edited by AuntJess

HOLA4410

You obviously have a very stereotyped rigid, ageist view of what retired people do. and there you were carrying on to others about their sterotypical tendencies.

Stick to what you do best - and leave the psychological profiling to those who have the talent knowledge and training for it.

BTW, in the 70's I had two children to look after - I never had chance to read about the three day week and I certainly never had one. You of course had a tremendous grasp of these issues, being all of - what was it? - 15 at the time. :rolleyes:

Trouble with people like you, prejudiced and bitter, is that you can't ever accept you made a mistake. You don't 'buy' me as a retired woman. I don't buy you as an IT manager either.In fact I have not seen evidence of any management skills at all.

I apologise to the other members of this thread, for responding to this person and helping to take the discussion off, but as someone who has been in a position of authority in my life, I don't much care for foul-mouthed abuse.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

HOLA4411

1945 was the best time to be born...........too young to notice post-war rationing....just young enough to get free uni education with grants to cover living expenses and buy a house before the end of the 60s when they were still £4000 or only around triple average salary..........

HOLA4412

Dear Snowman

Thanks for the support

Also just read some nice posts from Pioneer31, Mad Jock and Aunt Jess who I am sure is genuine

Keep the Faith

PS Just for the record there is nothing wrong with Radio 2 BF (J Ross et al) but personally I prefer Radio 4 and XFM

There is no such thing as a stereotype once you dig below the surface

HOLA4413
Guest AuntJess

Dear Snowman

Thanks for the support

Also just read some nice posts from Pioneer31, Mad Jock and Aunt Jess who I am sure is genuine

Keep the Faith

PS Just for the record there is nothing wrong with Radio 2 BF (J Ross et al) but personally I prefer Radio 4 and XFM

There is no such thing as a stereotype once you dig below the surface

Thank you for that. I guess you believe because you have a few more brain cells. I have asked the mods to close this account, as those of you born in 1945 and around there, will appreciate that the older you get, the less you want to involve yourself in unnecessary aggro.

The mods also seem to have gone to sleep, unless the two buffoons I encountered ARE mods, keeping the "strain" of this forum pure: Check out the T&Cs - no mention of ageism there!! :rolleyes:

I was wrong to join this forum.Too many ageists on here, pretending not to believe in me, who knows what hang-ups they have about older people - and who cares!They are now your problem - the rest of you. :)

I will keep the faith my friend, for something worthwhile.

For the benefit of the two drongos who are still stalking me, I have put you on ignore. For the rest of you, just hope to God your mother never meets these bods in the flesh. they give cause for alarm :o

Edited by AuntJess

HOLA4414

1945 was the best time to be born...........too young to notice post-war rationing....just young enough to get free uni education with grants to cover living expenses and buy a house before the end of the 60s when they were still £4000 or only around triple average salary..........

And don't forget antibiotics when they workwed against every bug on the planet!

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Yeah right.

MODS - is there any need for this amazing use of the English language? Brassfarthing.....when are you going to grow up?

HOLA4417
Guest AuntJess

MODS - is there any need for this amazing use of the English language? Brassfarthing.....when are you going to grow up?

Disturbing though his comments undoubtably are, he is only words on a screen.I am only too glad I don't know this man for real. He has some pretty dubious attutudes towards older people. Let's face it, even if he thought I was some young sprog, he really went over the top... and for what reason?

Some people just seize on the flimsiest excuse to get their rag out, and an internet is the perfect place, where anonymity guarantees protection. When the mods get their act together I am leaving. I can get most of what I want by asking others to ask questions for me.

The reception I have met with here is ridiculous. Any normal ones here, just ask your Qs and then leave. It is getting to be like the CBs 20 years ago. A good idea at first, then all the weirdos and social misfits homed in and spoiled it for everyone else.

Edited by AuntJess

HOLA4418

Disturbing though his comments undoubtably are, he is only words on a screen.I am only too glad I don't know this man for real. He has some pretty dubious attutudes towards older people. Let's face it, even if he thought I was some young sprog, he really went over the top... and for what reason?

Some people just seize on the flimsiest excuse to get their rag out, and an internet is the perfect place, where anonymity guarantees protection. When the mods get their act together I am leaving. I can get most of what I want by asking others to ask questions for me.

The reception I have met with here is ridiculous. Any normal ones here, just ask your Qs and then leave. It is getting to be like the CBs 20 years ago. A good idea at first, then all the weirdos and social misfits homed in and spoiled it for everyone else.

Auntjess,

Just put them on your ignore list!!!

HOLA4419
Guest AuntJess

Auntjess,

Just put them on your ignore list!!!

Thanks! :) I did. But they are reproducing...by fission!!I also have already asked the mods to close the account. :( so I can't turn back on that. Mind you, judging by the rate of response, it will close next Christmas. :P

After all, there isn't much point on coming on a forum for a bit of light relief, banter and a few pointers, if these stalkers keep popping up with their childish cracks.Some folk need to bully others and can do so with impunity on an i/n forum, if there is no one to stop them.

I will stay until they close me down, if only to send PMs to 'nice' people.

HOLA4420

My generation paid the pensions of the people before us, out of our taxes. Our higher rate tax payers paid a rate of 98%. The working class element of my generation, who tended not to go to University, paid the grants of the middle classes to go there.

Read what you have written here, Casual Observer.

"The working class paid for the middle classes to go to university."

And yet - The high-earning graduates paid 98% tax... was this not a sufficient contribution to repay society for the education they had??? :huh:

HOLA4421

Read what you have written here, Casual Observer.

"The working class paid for the middle classes to go to university."

And yet - The high-earning graduates paid 98% tax... was this not a sufficient contribution to repay society for the education they had??? :huh:

Except I didn't say only high-earning graduates paid 98% tax.

Much fairer nowadays that University opprtunities are open to all. How many intelligent youngsters had to settle for leaving school at 15, due to the social divides prior to the 70s?

HOLA4422

Except I didn't say only high-earning graduates paid 98% tax.

Much fairer nowadays that University opprtunities are open to all. How many intelligent youngsters had to settle for leaving school at 15, due to the social divides prior to the 70s?

Oh, so now graduates should pay vastly more tax AND pay for their degrees too? Hardly worth the effort if you are left with no financial benefit IMO.

Incidentally, how exactly is the current system open to all, when undergraduates now have to pay their tuition fees and get no maintenance grants at all. Surely that means it is closed off to those who cannot afford it?

Whereas before, anybody with the academic ability to get in to uni was supported by the government to do so, and thus fulfil their potential.

HOLA4423

Incidentally, how exactly is the current system open to all, when undergraduates now have to pay their tuition fees and get no maintenance grants at all. Surely that means it is closed off to those who cannot afford it?

Under today's system, graduates only pay out of their future earnings, so their background and wealth before they start university is irrelevant.

Oh, so now graduates should pay vastly more tax AND pay for their degrees too? Hardly worth the effort if you are left with no financial benefit IMO.

Who else should pay for them? And how do they pay more tax than a non-graduate on the same earnings?

Whereas before, anybody with the academic ability to get in to uni was supported by the government to do so, and thus fulfil their potential.

If you go back about 20 odd years ago, not many working class kids went to University. In fact, not many did A levels. There was a lot of family pressure to leave school and bring in housekeeping money, as a contribution to the household. You were considered an adult at 15 or 16- schooling was over!

This was wrong, today's culture is far better in this respect. There must have been millions of very intelligent kids from working class backgrounds who didn't fulfill their potential.

HOLA4424

Under today's system, graduates only pay out of their future earnings, so their background and wealth before they start university is irrelevant.

Who else should pay for them? And how do they pay more tax than a non-graduate on the same earnings?

If you go back about 20 odd years ago, not many working class kids went to University. In fact, not many did A levels. There was a lot of family pressure to leave school and bring in housekeeping money, as a contribution to the household. You were considered an adult at 15 or 16- schooling was over!

This was wrong, today's culture is far better in this respect. There must have been millions of very intelligent kids from working class backgrounds who didn't fulfill their potential.

I know people who have not gone to university because of the cost. They cannot rely on future earnings (minus tax and extortionate housing costs) being enough to make it worthwhile. Those who's parents can afford to help them out are more likely to be able to go.

You should only pay once for your university education. Either by paying the tuition, or with later higher rates of tax. You shouldn't have to pay twice.

HOLA4425
Guest AuntJess

I know people who have not gone to university because of the cost. They cannot rely on future earnings (minus tax and extortionate housing costs) being enough to make it worthwhile. Those who's parents can afford to help them out are more likely to be able to go.

You should only pay once for your university education. Either by paying the tuition, or with later higher rates of tax. You shouldn't have to pay twice.

I don't think it is fair for students to pay for their higher education, although US students do it. That said the US graduates can really come into their own once they get in work, as wages are higher there and housing - for example - is lower, so paying back is easy.

I was lucky enough to have my fees paid as well as receiving a grant, and agree that it would discourage me if I had to pay for both.

University education is overrated for what you get out of it, IMO. Only certain types of graduate benefit whilst others end up going into other areas, or doing jobs that did not need graduate status. Like one lad I knew who was a Mech.Eng. graduate. Tried for 18 months to get a job then went into accountancy and never looked back.

I think that this country is short of two things: tradesmen and science graduates. We need apprenticeships for one and good teaching/encouragement for the other. So many students are afraid of science and maths. I found many girls were convinced that they were no good at maths. and stats. It seems to be something that is instilled at quite an early age.