House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
delboypass

Halifax Affordability Morgage Calculator

Ive entered a random figure of £32000 sole morgage - no other commitments

Comes back with i can borrow £140000 to £160000

Halifax affordability calculator

Is this not a morgage of over 5x salary - Fecking crazy - you would think with their bad debts they would start to reduce this figure!!

How much can you borrow??

Then when you go to the page - how much do i have to pay back...

They list either - repayment morgage or interest only morgage...(with no mention of having to have any other repayment vehicle until you click on the hyperlink!!)

Repayment calculator

Edited by delboypass

Guest Bart of Darkness

5x single income. About £9000 less if I put that I have 2 or more kids.

They will let me borrow £88,200 even if I claim to have a £1000 a month in debt repayment.

Sounds pretty similar to what Bristol & West offered me in 2004. I almost fell off the chair. I recall it took her a fair while to reluctantly say "but of course that may not be affordable" - almost as if I was supposed to conveniently ignore that small issue, grab the cash, and run.

I love the rate it suggested for me for a 70% LTV 4x Salary tracker:

"5 year tracker - Currently 12.99%. Tracks at 10.99% above Bank of England base rate (currently 2.00%) until 31/01/2014."

10.99% above the base rate, hardly seems worth the BoE changing the base rates with 11% slapped on top.

Edited by hazymemory

£157,900

Single income of £32,000 (Mrs XYY is a "housewife") with 1 dependant child and £150 per month debt repayments.

If I can borrow that telling the truth, then what silly amount could I get doing an ERIC...?

Ladies and Gentlemen, we are fooked!!!

X

Y

Y

According to my mate who works for Lloyds TSB the real due diligience starts when you actually apply for the mortgage - think trawling through your finances with fine tooth comb ...

"5 year tracker - Currently 12.99%. Tracks at 10.99% above Bank of England base rate (currently 2.00%) until 31/01/2014."

10.99% above the base rate, hardly seems worth the BoE changing the base rates with 11% slapped on top.

It offered me exactly the same deal. I am thinking of switching as we speak.

10.99% above? Is that typical at the moment??

I thought lenders SVR's were around 7%?

Doesn't sound right to me, unless they are just trying to discourage potential borrowers.