House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jason

Get On The Winnebago Ladder

Having a very productive day has allowed me to do extensive research into the cheapest form of luxury accomodation.

I've also done some research into the market, and found that prices are set to rocket:

Winnebago prices are likely to rise even faster in the coming months, says Winnebago Automotive Transport Society (TW@TS).
Its latest survey suggests that in July, prices rose at their quickest rate for two years.
And the number of enquiries from prospective Winnebago buyers has also gone up, for the 14th month in a row.
TW@TS said that the recent increase in interest would have little effect in dampening the market.
"A strong economic outlook and improving employment prospects will hold up the confidence of Winnebagolds," said TW@TS spokesman Jeremy Camper-Van.
Winnebago prices are now rising in all regions of the country, led by Wales and the South-West.
Squeeze on prices
Despite Winnebago becoming more and more expensive for first-time Winnebago wannabes, TW@TS predicts that Winnebago prices will be squeezed higher by a fall in the number of new Winnebago's being put on the market for sale.
According to its survey, these dropped in July for the second month in a row.
Their number has now fallen by 10% over the last year - and that has pushed the stock of unsold properties to its lowest level since September 2004.
Yesterday the Department for Registration of Winnebago (DRW) - formerly PRICS - said prices had slowed down recently.
Its own survey suggests that prices rose by 5.2% in the year to June, down slightly from 5.6% in May.
But most other indicators point to Winnebago prices rising faster in the coming months.
Last month, the Bank of Winnebago's reported that Winnebago approvals, a very good indicator of future trends, had risen to their highest level for five months.

For a mere £30k, you can get one of these:

itasca_sunrise.jpg

itasca_sunrise_ex1.jpg

itasca_sunrise_ex2.jpg

And to commute to work, you could get one of these: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Blata-Mini-Moto-Bike...1QQcmdZViewItem

So how about it? Max and Paddy style!

Now slap my wrist, and send this to off topic!

Edited by Jason

You could stay at a decent hotel for 2 weeks a year, for about 15 years, for the cost of that thing and that doesn't include all the additional expenses it will incur. You don't have to clean a hotel room, you get breakfast thrown in, no maintenance, insurance, petrol or oil changes required, and you don't pay interest on the 30k loan you took out to buy it.

Same with buying a caravan. Never understood it myself.

Seriously though, what about just living in one of those?

20K for a second hand one and just find somewhere to park it or move around a bit. No council tax to pay and probably quite cheap to run. Hot water, gas heating etc etc. Who needs a house when you can have a motorhome instead?

Ok, all a bit of a laugh and a joke. But it just shows how biased new reports are (If you haven't noticed, the article is copied from the BBC).

Infact, tomorrow i'm gonna print off an article about house prices, replace words "property" and "house" with "oil" and "petrol", then hand it out.

Seriously though, what about just living in one of those?

20K for a second hand one and just find somewhere to park it or move around a bit. No council tax to pay and probably quite cheap to run. Hot water, gas heating etc etc. Who needs a house when you can have a motorhome instead?

Yeah, I saw one this morning on the way to work (which led my thoughts to this). I'd have a far better quality of life in that compared to having a mortgage on a shoebox,,,