House Price Crash Forum

I'm in a state of disbelief that the 20something kid in my office reckons he spends up to £400 per month on calls from his mobile :o he gets 120 free minutes & should spend about £25 per month. I have the same Samsung D500 with 75 free minutes and spend between £10-£20per month. No wonder there's so much debt if this is the lax atitude to cash some people have. :lol::( Unbelieveable..

You shouldn't complain, idiots like this are what keeps mobile tariffs cheap and all the good deals out there.

Unless you are using your phone abroad it is really phyiscally impossible to spend £400/month if you get the right plan.

You get over an hour per day for £75/month with t-mobile and you can get big discounts on that tariff buying elsewhere along with a pretty expensive free phone, so he could just buy a few contracts and sell the phones to get even more money back.

Alternativly if he really must have only one sim card, a business Orange plan gives you about 3 hours per day at £380

http://shop.orange.co.uk/shop/business/individual

And I am sure you can find better deails than that.

What do they all talk about? The same crap they talked about an hour earlier or the same crap they will talk about later that night?

"Yeah, so where we goin tonite chantelle?

Well, my friend Shazza says this drop dead gawjuss guy has just started working in Wevverspoons innit......

Oooh, did you watch big bruvva last night?

I 'ate that bitch Ashleene. She's such a snooty caa!"

On my old contract I spent >£130 a month for a couple of months (due to new girlyfriend)

I phoned up and demanded I was put on a new contract. Now its about £40.

Shows how much they can make in profit!

I've been hit with a £600+ bill due to skiing abroard and 'not quite stable' now ex-girlfriend - the phone bill cost more that that holiday!! :lol:

Since then I've paid f*ck all for my mobile. On a cashback deal at the moment, via a referral that meant my 500mins/150txt costs me... -£2 a year!! (yes they pay me!) :lol::lol::lol:

Did end up spending £30 on a bluetooth GPS receiver - just to get TomTom mobile to work tho B)

(oh should get a nice price for the phone/GPS on ebay as well)

Mobile phones are a massive area to make cost saving, well spending the time to find the deals.

On another note, is there any mobile phones that can record conversations? I.e. when i'm on the phone to the local gangster, I can press record a one button record, and i have proof of any threats.

(Not that i don't know a ganster, and am not being threatened. So don't worry)

Some spotty EA looking salesman in a phone shop said this is illegal.

Edited by Jason

Various phones are able to do this. However, by law you have to inform people if you are recording the conversation. That's my understanding of it anyway,

Various phones are able to do this. However, by law you have to inform people if you are recording the conversation. That's my understanding of it anyway,

Nah you can record your own calls for your own purposes. Just sharing them is a bit naughty.