House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest muttley

Getting On The Property Ladder

Guest muttley

Taken from the Telegraph TV guide

The average price of a house is now £199,184. First time buyers Kate and Allan have precisely £104,184 less than that to find a home in the Manchester suburbs. property guide Tony Jacobs has worked wonders in the past, but can he find a place with a whole two rooms within this budget?

:lol:

Taken from the Telegraph TV guide

The average price of a house is now £199,184. First time buyers Kate and Allan have precisely £104,184 less than that to find a home in the Manchester suburbs. property guide Tony Jacobs has worked wonders in the past, but can he find a place with a whole two rooms within this budget?

:lol:

Wow. What an original idea for a show. <_<

Further confirming the myth to all the morons out there that prices only ever go up - get on the ladder while you can...

Oh no - not another trash TV show with the usual shy grinning oafs being dragged round dives by an impossibly camp money guru.

I liked C5 better in the good old days when they stuck to big-hair 80s 'erotic thrillers'. They've really dumbed down since.

Guest muttley

How many first time buyer couples have £95K deposit? Not many I shouldn't think!

What a waste of time. Funking dogsh*t

I took it to mean that they have a budget of £95K. With a £95k deposit they could probably afford three whole rooms.

How many first time buyer couples have £95K deposit? Not many I shouldn't think!

What a waste of time. Funking dogsh*t

Doh! 95K will be their mortgage limit and deposit I should have thought.

Doh! 95K will be their mortgage limit and deposit I should have thought.

Gotcha ;)

This programme is either

a] Old when prices where cheaper

b] Somewhere about a year ago where prices hadn't reached peak

c] bulls***

Edited by OzzMosiz

The presenter is a muppet.It seems like he's just copying the others.

Hopefully it will be relegated to a digital channel like FTN. I know channel 5 is pretty bad but this guy's made it even worse :angry:

Last Friday 13th in August (date mentioned in program) was 2004

wtf are they showing this now?

So I was right :D

Where were they buying? Did they find anything? Was it sh*t? :)

Last Friday 13th in August (date mentioned in program) was 2004

wtf are they showing this now?

Well spotted Snagger, that was the only clue in the whole program that gave away the date, and you ar completely right in asking why they are showing this now. I think a letter/email to Channel 5 is in order!

A young couple in Manchester were looking for their first place with a budget limit of around 100k.

Bearing in mind it was filmed in August 2004... they were shown several properties.

One was made almost entirely of concrete and mortgageable up to only 75%, and they needed 100%.

The second was next to a motorway.

The third was next to a train line.

The one they went with is next to Old Trafford (literally) so must be fun on Saturdays, needed a lot of cosmetic work and had problems with damp shown up by the survey which then enabled them to negotiate the price to only about 2k above the asking price.

After spending all their savings, they ended up with what actually looked like a surprisingly tidy 2 bed terrace (have no idea of the area or the effect of being right next to the football stadium, but that probably has something to do with the price)

The ironic thing was that right at the end the presenter went on to say that the housing market would die without first time buyers, and then proceeded to give the statistics of first time buyer numbers falling.

Just a thought here but if we are goinng to campaign about anything then how about campaigning to the OFCOM about property shows to make it a requirement to state the year that the programme was filmed to avoid adding more propaganda to the housing market...you never know we might be able to convince them.

Well spotted Snagger, that was the only clue in the whole program that gave away the date, and you ar completely right in asking why they are showing this now. I think a letter/email to Channel 5 is in order!

And on Friday 13th of all days. No wonder it was riddled with damp :D

Just a thought here but if we are goinng to campaign about anything then how about campaigning to the OFCOM about property shows to make it a requirement to state the year that the programme was filmed

Done! <_<