House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
the end is a bit nigher

Bank To Buy Debt Advisory Firm

suggested this might happen a week ago but read on news blog at work that one of the big banks (think it was barclays) is considering buying one of the debt advisory / consolidation firms - can't remember which

i've searched for other articles but can't find a thing - has anyone else seen it at all?

i also saw a headline about the head of one of the banks having a go at the insolvency laws

we discussed the VI bit of what if this happened last week - i need a link to the article to demonstrate it is true but can't find one - the one at work where i read it is on an internal news feed so can't link to it

yes it could be a conflict of interest - the other article i mentioned was the head of a bank wanting a clampdown on people escaping their debts through IVAs

Edited by the end is nigh

Hope it is DFD.L as I have shares in this company ( called Debt Free Direct)

Ooh, hang on a minute there Faloos! Having shares in a company like that is akin to buying poperty as an investment rather than somewhere to live.

:o

Ooh, hang on a minute there Faloos! Having shares in a company like that is akin to buying poperty as an investment rather than somewhere to live.

:o

When all the BTLs and third homers meet their end this company helps them. If you like I profit from their greed in the first place. Hopefully I will have enough from the growth to buy a hovel for my family. This company will grow proportionally to the number of bankrupties. Look it up. The more of these greedy buggers go to the wall the more I profit.

Forgot to add that this company have just opened an office in Australia ! What does that tell you ?

Suppose shares in any company create profit at someones expense so I'll let you off :-)

Might even look into it myself.

And with the profit you can buy a nice case of good wine and drink it while you watch property come down to a realistic value for everyone.

But do have look at this company . They are not loan sharks . What they do is give you advice on how to get out of your credit situation. It is more for business really not private individuals. As business has been borrowing all that cheap money then they aregoing to suffer too.

DEBT FREE DIRECT GP (LSE:DFD.L) Edit

Last Trade: 470.00 p

Trade Time: 4:35PM

Change: Down 5.00 (1.05%)

Prev Close: 475.00

Open: 475.00

Bid: 469.75

Ask: 470.25

1y Target Est: 562.50

Day's Range: 465.00 - 475.00

52wk Range: 375.00 - 505.00

Volume: 74,984