House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Shedfish

When Tony Comes Back From Holiday...

Guest Shedfish

i was that hacked off i wrote to my MP the other day..

he actually wrote back, with details of exactly what the PM was doing to help stop the slaughter in Lebanon. it was a huge list, admittedly.. missing three bullet points though, the ones that seemed to say by their absense

- didn't actually call for a ceasefire (bad for US defence industry, and application to join Grand Lodge)

- failed to stop, or even comment on, the use of Prestwick to deliver munitions to Israel

- went on holiday JUST in time. had no problem with hand baggage...

he actually wrote back, with details of exactly what the PM was doing to help stop the slaughter in Lebanon. it was a huge list, admittedly.. missing three bullet points though, the ones that seemed to say by their absense

- didn't actually call for a ceasefire (bad for US defence industry, and application to join Grand Lodge)

- failed to stop, or even comment on, the use of Prestwick to deliver munitions to Israel

Who is your mp Labour ? If he is does he still support Blair?

Guest Shedfish

Who is your mp Labour ? If he is does he still support Blair?

he's a weird one to fathom - Labour, originally against the Iraq war, still a little 'spiky', but generally with the party line. definitely not one of the worst...

i couldn't figure out how to start a poll... if anyone knows how?

Well done for writing to your paid servant. It lets them know that we are still out there.

Guest Shedfish

Well done for writing to your paid servant. It lets them know that we are still out there.

cheers! still thinking up the reply, he's gonna fall off his perch :)

Guest Shedfish

anecdotally, i had a brief exchange of emails with him on the subject of housing.

i put a few queries together, based on some of the verifiables currently in the news (immigration, personal debt, the CPI etc). which, being a polititian he disregarded utterly, choosing to refer instead to the touted and nebulously possible 200,000 extra homes in the south-east

which if basic maths is correct, could potentially house less than half of the most recent wave of eastern europeans, if they're happy enough to camp until completion (subject to terms etc etc).. and assuming of course the last few tranches of 'executive' flats are left empty, or rented exclusively to Aussie STRs sitting out their little blip. i didn't bother pressing this further, or questioning his supply / demand argument with examples such as Gumtree et al

i can at least report though that he does live in a nice big house. i was his postie in a previous life, and to the best of my knowledge he's still there. unless he's downsized at all... somehow i doubt it

still, the power of Democracy in action, and all that...a small victory, if only in my own head