House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Nick..

Tv Guide For Tonight

On one side, the story of (another) Spendaholic who, despite only earning 15,000 a year, had a cupboard full of Prada and Gucci shoes and clothes, all bought on the never never, and a folder full of credit card bills. The giggling buffoons outgoings, on average, were £475 a WEEK. Her explanation? "I'm a slave to labels <giggle> would rather be run over in Prada shoes that cheapobrando <giggle> I'm in denial <giggle>"

Gah, enough. Must turn over

"These three (very average spending capacity in appearance) young people have their heart set on this property in trendy Chiswick, they've asked us to make an offer of £499,950"

CLICK

I'm going down the pub

Edited by Nick..

Doesn't it do your head in!

Its all MONEY MONEY MONEY. Tv is no longer for entertainment. Hasn't been for a long time.

The only 2 programs I watch (that I really like) aren't currently on.

24 and Spooks.

One interesting program though was on BBC 2 - called "Home". It's a look at people's homes, with each week focussing on a different room of the house. Some of the people on it are real crack-pots, with the craziest looking homes you've ever seen.

But what is interesting is that it's about homes instead of houses. In other words, there's no mention of selling or markets or moving.

If programs like Location Location Location are a reflection of the booming property market, perhaps Home is a reflection of the slowdown as people stay put.

Paulos - I saw that programme last night, and was a bit disturbed by a few of them the lady at the end who said "some might think I'm quirky, or obsessive".. crackpot sums her up more eloquently!

I wasn't sure if it was really a programme about homes, more than "how not to decorate your house if you want to move". Its not like you could say that any of them were average houses. And the people that mentioned when they bought their house were lucky enough to buy at the bottom of the last crash. I will sit and hope we get that lucky too!!

I'm fed up of the house moving programmes too - they must be running out of people that can afford to go on programmes like these. But when I watch Spendaholics (not very often), I sit there amazed that people have spent money on (relatively) worthless stuff, and let themselves get so far into debt, it must seem like there's no end to it...

OzzMosiz - If you like spooks and 24, I can recommend Numb3rs - it's currently on freeview.

OzzMosiz - If you like spooks and 24, I can recommend Numb3rs - it's currently on freeview.

BBC seem to show nothing but the same old crap for the past few years... Car boot / Antique buying and selling plus house programs. Its all about pandering to the people who want to make a quick buck or have made a quick buck. Find that 50p car boot bargain and sell it at auction for 5 squillion quid.... Buy a flat, fit a new cheapo kitchen, paint it all egg shell white, new carpets and instant £30K+ profit to some sucker who'll pay it. We live in a money greedy obsessed society were driving round in new BMW X5's says you've made it and your someone. Money and image. A legacy of Thatcher's Britain.

BBC seem to show nothing but the same old crap for the past few years... Car boot / Antique buying and selling plus house programs. Its all about pandering to the people who want to make a quick buck or have made a quick buck. Find that 50p car boot bargain and sell it at auction for 5 squillion quid.... Buy a flat, fit a new cheapo kitchen, paint it all egg shell white, new carpets and instant £30K+ profit to some sucker who'll pay it. We live in a money greedy obsessed society were driving round in new BMW X5's says you've made it and your someone. Money and image. A legacy of Thatcher's Britain.

I remember thinking the same as the glitterati rolled into and out of No10 in 1997 for the cool britannia celebrations with the Blairs.

wrt programming - this is recession TV.

BBC new they were alienating a whole generation with property ramping. Except the BBC3 watchers of course. Is monkeydust still going or was it regarded as too satirical/educational for 3?

btp

btp