House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
OzzMosiz

******* Family

Gets on my wick!!!

"if you rent its dead money"

**** off!!

Chin up laddy. Start emailing them some links to the the really bearish articles the RB finds all the time. Maybe sow a few seeds of doubt in their minds without having to have debates and arguments about whose point of view is 'right'. Just send them the links and let them read of the impending doom! :ph34r:

AFP

give em a reality check with data then tell em to MEW you half the value of their property, as its effectively your 'money' after all. you are effectively raising the price of the property due to your more relevant education and improved capability over the older generation.

Edited by maker of things

Been round to the folks for dinner tonight then?

Or was it a Monday evening phone call?

I would think of a nice suitable reply - but work in something about not wanting to over-stretch yourself with mortgage payments as someone will have to pay for their care-home fees...

:lol:

Yep, 'one liners' - they hide a mountain of ignorance in a such a simple statement...

Ask them to EXPLAIN why they think it's 'dead money'....

just said that "I don't work to pay someone else a great big fat sum of money more than what they paid"

Does my head in.

Was brother and his wife, they weren't being bitchy, they are just ignorant about it all.

Gets on my wick!!!

**** off!!

and right they say. Boy it's about time to listen to your family (they know better).

Stop listening to the losers from this web site.

Just because they didn't buy when it was cheap and now are jealous, they give you the wrong advice.

I bet they didn't buy in 2001, because they were thinking the house prices will fall.

And were giving the same advice. Don't buy now, house prices will fall.

Been round to the folks for dinner tonight then?

Or was it a Monday evening phone call?

I would think of a nice suitable reply - but work in something about not wanting to over-stretch yourself with mortgage payments as someone will have to pay for their care-home fees...

:lol:

And don't forget the effect of inflation on rubber incontinence pants!

Why not just turn it around on them:

"when are they going to sell up and rent?"

"interest on a mortgage is dead money"

"you need to get a foothold on the renting ladder"

Be really persistent and annoying.

My MIL is the same simply cannot understand why we rent a lovely 5 bed detached in half an acre when we could be buying a 3 bed semi for the same amount IO :rolleyes:

How much is that, in what sort of area?

Why not just turn it around on them:

"when are they going to sell up and rent?"

"interest on a mortgage is dead money"

"you need to get a foothold on the renting ladder"

Be really persistent and annoying.

Why not cancel their home and contents insurance, then, while they're off watching 'holiday on ice' or whatever, torch the place.

When they're sharing a single bed in the DSS B&B you can stand outside the window shouting "how much longer you gonna rent for, it's dead money you know" through a 10k Watt PA system.

and right they say. Boy it's about time to listen to your family (they know better).

Just because they didn't buy when it was cheap and now are jealous, they give you the wrong advice.

I bet they didn't buy in 2001, because they were thinking the house prices will fall.

Its knowing when to get out of the market thats what you call skill. I am out and have the cash to buy and will enjoy my time waiting. For people that bought from 2003 I have the number of the good samaritans as I guess they will need it soon. I remember the 90s when I got turned over , but not this time sonny.

The money people and Schisters like the banks have no other way of making money but to take it from the people and they will. Big sale coming up

I find actual family people to not be so bad.

Friends and work collegues seem to be the worst offenders in the 'Why havn't you bought?'

What really annoys me is the ones just 5-10 years older than us who were at a stage in life to buy earlier and have decent homes with mortgages repayments not so much more than a shop assistant has to pay to rent a room in a rachman slum. I'm mean, don't they know it's distasteful to ask someone why they haven't bought, as they sit there with a mortage repayment of around 450pcm, when you'd have to shell out 1200 for a similar or slightly worse house (and that's putting down a deposit far larger than they ever had).

When this is explained they then suggest getting a '1 bed flat'. Why would we give up a two bed, two reception house to cram into a tiny flat, especially as we use the extra space in your hosue for part-time businesses?

It's just the whole attitude of 'you must be really feeble-minded to rent'.

Funnily enough, collegues and friends who bought post-2003 do not often say the same thing. They just always seem sort of morose and moaning about money.

Edited by CrashedOutAndBurned

My MIL is the same simply cannot understand why we rent a lovely 5 bed detached in half an acre when we could be buying a 3 bed semi for the same amount IO :rolleyes:

Durgh! - because you will never ever own it - you'll be paying the same rent (and some more) in 30 years time - jam today - park bench tomorrow ;)

Durgh! - because you will never ever own it - you'll be paying the same rent (and some more) in 30 years time - jam today - park bench tomorrow ;)

Yeah and after 30 years paying an IO mortgage you still don't own it.

I dont know the circumstances of the aforementioned person who is getting stick from their family.

But if they are in anything like my situation then they probably never had a serious choice. Why should the fact that someone didnt buy in the past make it ok that they can't buy now?

I couldnt buy a place in 2001 as I was only in temporary employment and had no deposit and every year since, prices have gone up far more than my salary (and deposit) have.

Yes ok I could potentially get a huge mortage (5/6x salary at least) or I suppose live in the drug infested areas for just 4x my salary. But what is the point in that when my landlord is subsidising my living standard by charging me £300 a month all in.

A mortgage on its own would be at least twice this and not forgetting bills and council tax then I am getting a pretty good deal.

I dont know the circumstances of the aforementioned person who is getting stick from their family.

But if they are in anything like my situation then they probably never had a serious choice. Why should the fact that someone didnt buy in the past make it ok that they can't buy now?

I couldnt buy a place in 2001 as I was only in temporary employment and had no deposit and every year since, prices have gone up far more than my salary (and deposit) have.

Yes ok I could potentially get a huge mortage (5/6x salary at least) or I suppose live in the drug infested areas for just 4x my salary. But what is the point in that when my landlord is subsidising my living standard by charging me £300 a month all in.

A mortgage on its own would be at least twice this and not forgetting bills and council tax then I am getting a pretty good deal.

Sensible !! Yu will be able to buy soon and with plenty of bargains. Did you know that LULU in Arabic is a Pearl ?

"Renting is dead money"

Ask them if it would still be dead money if the rent was £5 a month. Then ask them where to draw the line. If they can't answer that question they are not qualified to tell you how to spend you money.

give em a reality check with data then tell em to MEW you half the value of their property, as its effectively your 'money' after all. you are effectively raising the price of the property due to your more relevant education and improved capability over the older generation.

More relevant education !!!!!!!!!!!!! What the feck does that mean?

Improved capability !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Most of you are pretty low down in the literacy and numeracy departments. I see in the paper today a huge percentage of new teachers can't answer the sort of basic questions once found in the eleven plus.

And you're useless in other ways. By the time I was 17 I could take a car engine apart and rebuild it. I used to build my own radios and amplifiers. By the time I was 11 I could make one good bike from a few old ones.

Better educated, more capable !!!!!!!!!! Please, we've seen to it you are daft and gullible so you have to keep renting houses forever.