House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PogoLocky

Still See Many Houses Selling Here

http://www.thisisgloucestershirehomes.co.u...tion=gloucester

Seems houses are still selling pretty well around here at the lower and average parts of the housing market. Seems those predicting doom could be wrong or are the estate agents saying sold for fun. :ph34r:

House Prices in Glouster are barely keeping up with inflation according to this LR data.

Also volumes are slightly down. :D

They're flying in my neck of the woods too. 2 bed ex-local authority flat went for £260,000. Pretty crazy, I guess

http://www.sequencehome.co.uk/detail.asp?t...mp;id=HLD101036

I did notice some price redutions by a few grand on some of them that could be encouraging some buyers back in. They are still well up from where they were before the IR reduction last year though still a bit further to go.

House Prices in Glouster are barely keeping up with inflation according to this LR data.

Also volumes are slightly down. :D

Intresting link that i enjoyed looking at it houses still selling though i expect it to slow and i know asking prices dropping off as i said in my post.

Seems houses are still selling pretty well around here at the lower and average parts of the housing market. Seems those predicting doom could be wrong or are the estate agents saying sold for fun. :ph34r:

Slow in Stroud

Just had the 4th fall through as well , within 1/2 a mile radius. Thats 4 out of 12 houses now that have fallen through , 3 of them twice.

:ph34r:

Edited by Dames

The market has turned on a six-pence here in N. Kent/SE London in the space of 6 weeks. Mainly those box like 'executive' apartments - you know, those ones where no one actually lives there but they rise in value all the same like tulips. Well, outside these ghost developments it's a forest.........of 'for sale' signs. Will there be any "greater fools" to bail the preceeding fools out?

The market has turned on a six-pence here in N. Kent/SE London in the space of 6 weeks. Mainly those box like 'executive' apartments - you know, those ones where no one actually lives there but they rise in value all the same like tulips. Well, outside these ghost developments it's a forest.........of 'for sale' signs. Will there be any "greater fools" to bail the preceeding fools out?

I think things have certainly slowed in my area in last 2/3 weeks (gravesend/dartford, Kent.) I've been running a test in rightmove for the last couple of months where I run a search of new houses on the market in the last 14 days and check the 'include STC' ( I do 3 mile radius around the post code area I live). Throughout the recent spring mini-boom there were probably a handful (5/6) of places STC within 14 days, some selling within days. In the last 3 weeks only 1 or 2. Just hoping this is the start of a new trend that leads to zero :)

I've only noticed 2 reductions in price, still unsold and only 3 pct, although these were on properties on my watchlist. I'm watching for a change in this trend as well.

As far as I'm concerned volume is great. More house sales at these prices = more debt = more strife when the market and the economy turns in the next couple of years. There's no point having high house prices when hardly anyone has a mortgage based on those prices. That is, if most people bought there houses when prices were low then it's only a relatively few fools that will struggle when thngs turn.

I'd love that mortgage debt mountain to grow from £1.2Trillion to £3Trillion or more. I know that's unlikely in the current cycle but the point is that more volume of sales at these prices the better!

Hmmmm... really? Prices seems to be drifting nicely downwards in Gloucester.

:)

http://www.upmystreet.com/property/prices/...gloucester.html

Guest grumpy-old-man

I think things have certainly slowed in my area in last 2/3 weeks (gravesend/dartford, Kent.) I've been running a test in rightmove for the last couple of months where I run a search of new houses on the market in the last 14 days and check the 'include STC' ( I do 3 mile radius around the post code area I live). Throughout the recent spring mini-boom there were probably a handful (5/6) of places STC within 14 days, some selling within days. In the last 3 weeks only 1 or 2. Just hoping this is the start of a new trend that leads to zero :)

I've only noticed 2 reductions in price, still unsold and only 3 pct, although these were on properties on my watchlist. I'm watching for a change in this trend as well.

I did the same as you last night LL. I haven't checked RM for about 3-4 weeks & I have noticed a definite difference, there is a lot less "under offer" & "sold stc". Also my wife & I have noticed a few more "for sale" signs up locally in the last 2 weeks.

Nothing above 120k ish seems to be moving in our area :lol::lol:B)