House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
I Told You So

Interest Rates, Yes Again

Yes you guessed it Smith and Bootle probably the UK's most inept economists, how could they happily predict many further rates cuts even up until a few months ago. These fools need to be taken to task on their terrible judgement, they have cost many gullable people dear by effectively forcing their arms into taking out variable rate mortgages with their misguided/foolish predictions.

What can be done?

Yes you guessed it Smith and Bootle probably the UK's most inept economists, how could they happily predict many further rates cuts even up until a few months ago. These fools need to be taken to task on their terrible judgement, they have cost many gullable people dear by effectively forcing their arms into taking out variable rate mortgages with their misguided/foolish predictions.

What can be done?

I think 'forcing' might be a tad strong, but what we can do is take great hope from them. It gives me hope to realise that no matter how bad things get with my own career, I can always side-step into becoming an economist and do as good a job as the rest seem to do. B)

AFP

Chief Economic Analyst

AFP Think Tank Team :lol:

What can be done?

Domains like badeconomist.com and crapeconomists.com are free.

David Smith with his terrible economicsuk.com name is an easy target: economicsuck.com is free.

Pooh Bear

Chief Economiks Editor

Hundred Acre Woods monthy :lol:

My favourite is Hamish Macrae in the independent. At least Roger Bootle and David Smith have the courage of their convictions to make a prediction - Macrae just draws graphs of meaningless old news. Gotta love him for being so out of touch.

By contrast his colleague Stephen King (no, not that one - Head of Economics HSBC - writes in Mondays Independent) is always on the money and is certainly well worth reading. Highly regarded by me anyway.

What can be done?

Do you have any relevant links to their articles?