House Price Crash Forum
BigBang

Not Too Long To Go Now

This is one of my favourite articles of late...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtm...2/cmfirst12.xml

When market manipulation gets this bad you know things are teetering on the edge! It's a tough call and I can't see it yet but based on this sort of lending I'm predicting the crash within the next 2 years. It's certainly evidence of the HPC timetable coming forward.

When market manipulation gets this bad you know things are teetering on the edge! It's a tough call and I can't see it yet but based on this sort of lending I'm predicting the crash within the next 2 years. It's certainly evidence of the HPC timetable coming forward.

What an abomination. Parents being encouraged to stake their life savings against little johnny's mortgage right at the top of the market. Shudder.

It's understandable that parents want to help their kids to buy (rather than having to rent for example) so it's good to have products out there which can help in the right circumstance

- But right now they should be delaying. It seems foolish for anyone considering to this type of deal whilst IR's may be rising further (unless a very low offer is accepted of course!)

Hi all,

I try not to focus on it to much because it's negative and in my opinion you get what you focus on. I still believe its gonna happen and try to stash the cash. But..... more evidence for you

Last week I was working on a car for an IFA we got chatting and I asked him what his outlook was for next year?

He predicts interest rates of 5.75% by March :blink: and that the UK is heading for a very bumpy ride. I ran a lot of the threads I had read here by him and he agreed with them all.

He has clients who have 4 and 6 buy to let properties they put 20% down (borrowed,CC, loans,) and the other 80% is on interest only mortgages. When he asks if they can pay these mortgages without tennants or make up the shortfall he is told they cannot. He points out that the returns of 4% are not worth the effort, they say they're looking at capital growth, he thinks growth will be minimal if at all over the next 3 to 4 years. Yet they still go ahead.

The biggest first time buyer mortgage he has arranged is £250,000, for a couple who have good city jobs - which despite this he felt was stretching their salaries far too high. His words were "its a bubble and like a bubble the more it inflates the bigger the bang!!"

My idea of a life in Oz was recommended by him, if he was under 40 he would do it too. Largely because of the political mismanagement of this country. I almost asked him if he was a forum member here as it all had such a familiar ring.???

Despite the doom remain positive :D

Very useful & informative post by Family Man

It makes me think of when my girlf consulted her IFA early in the year - When she mentioned should she consider helping her daughter to get on the property ladder at som point in the future he advised not in the short term as interest rates would probably be rising this year

- So I was impressed by his prediction. To the general populace at the time rates seemed like they were remaining stable

It seems some of these IFA's are more aware of the reality rather than the spin...

cheers keith,

I had another bit of evidence today, confirming what has been said here. Sometimes its too easy to generalise about debt and MEW. But....

You may have gathered I work in the car industry mainly for dealerships. Sales guy from our local big,busy BMW dealership picked up a car today. He asked how business was I said ticking over and up on last year so can't complain.

He tells me they were absoluetly dead - got chatting and he tells me he can't believe the stupidity of most people coming in and buying new cars. Despite the finance deals they offer over 5 years most people were buying the shiny new cars on the mortgage. Despite working the figures out to show they would pay more in the long run they carried on!! His words " we sold loads of cars like this" (MEW) now it's slowed right down - sounds like they're in real trouble.

Always the way of late no one in the car industry is having it away, they start off positive but as the conversation progresses they soon give you the real deal. Interesting times ahead!

Hey notanew,

don't know if you mean me but I don't sell cars, I work on them for dealerships. We laminate windows on top end cars to prevent break ins, we also tint windows as per the factory - 80% of our business is new cars, so we may be affected :unsure: