House Price Crash Forum

Stoat of play - The stinking HPC brigade have been predicting a housing price crash and prices are still rising four years later. You got to laugh at their 'economic predictions'! LOL

[Amanda - What if their predictions have been right all along and a delayed crash will return us to pre 2000 prices? (Post deleted by moderator for being off topic)]

Moleboy - Yeah I really hate the F*************** scum. My Daughter (Jabba) has just sold her house in a very popular road in Ramleaze. Purchaser's has been living in a rented close by for 2 years having sold up their property in 2004 and had taken their so called 'profit' and they were waiting for the so called "crash" last year which of course never happened.

[Amanda - Thats silly! What about the interest they would have had to pay? That would have been more than the rent. (Post deleted by moderator for derogatory content)]

Greenstomper - When I bought all I was hearing was doom mongering about prices falling and negative equity. Well all that meant for me was that I bought the house and didn't move. I had no intentions of moving in the near future anyway.

[Amanda - But greenstomper, if you had waited a bit, you could have bought it for less or got more for your money! (Post deleted by moderator for being off topic)]

[Amanda - Why was that last post deleted. All I tried to say was ...... (Poster barred for repetition)]

Is this for real? :unsure:

Last year I heard that C4 site were very anti bear. I tested this out with some bearish posts (all clean and decent). When the C4 moderators realised that I was a genuine bear, they set about trying to train me. They used heavy handed censorship (and they would not just delete the offending post but all your previous posts) and they had a group of house poodles who had license to abuse and attack bears with impunity. Although I never actually said anything rude, over 90% of my posts were deleted. It was fascinating.

The posters on the C4 website are not really the brightest of buttons and they have been well trained. I enjoy the odd bit of parody at their expense.

Last year I heard that C4 site were very anti bear. I tested this out with some bearish posts (all clean and decent). When the C4 moderators realised that I was a genuine bear, they set about trying to train me. They used heavy handed censorship (and they would not just delete the offending post but all your previous posts) and they had a group of house poodles who had license to abuse and attack bears with impunity. Although I never actually said anything rude, over 90% of my posts were deleted. It was fascinating.

The posters on the C4 website are not really the brightest of buttons and they have been well trained. I enjoy the odd bit of parody at their expense.

Crazy! Sounds like the moderators are short of a few brain cells between them too. What an utterly pointless job to have! :rolleyes:

Guest Shedfish

i shall go 'undercover', post a couple of bearish comments in a couple of far corners, and see what happens :ph34r:

i shall go 'undercover', post a couple of bearish comments in a couple of far corners, and see what happens :ph34r:

Do come back and tell us!

Stoat of play - The stinking HPC brigade have been predicting a housing price crash and prices are still rising four years later. You got to laugh at their 'economic predictions'! LOL

[Amanda - What if their predictions have been right all along and a delayed crash will return us to pre 2000 prices? (Post deleted by moderator for being off topic)]

Moleboy - Yeah I really hate the F*************** scum. My Daughter (Jabba) has just sold her house in a very popular road in Ramleaze. Purchaser's has been living in a rented close by for 2 years having sold up their property in 2004 and had taken their so called 'profit' and they were waiting for the so called "crash" last year which of course never happened.

[Amanda - Thats silly! What about the interest they would have had to pay? That would have been more than the rent. (Post deleted by moderator for derogatory content)]

Greenstomper - When I bought all I was hearing was doom mongering about prices falling and negative equity. Well all that meant for me was that I bought the house and didn't move. I had no intentions of moving in the near future anyway.

[Amanda - But greenstomper, if you had waited a bit, you could have bought it for less or got more for your money! (Post deleted by moderator for being off topic)]

[Amanda - Why was that last post deleted. All I tried to say was ...... (Poster barred for repetition)]

I have posted very bearish posts on that site. It works like this,

1/ Stupid post about ' should my profit margin be negative?', or ' can a coffee small in my house justify a £20k increase in the price' or something like that.

2/ Replies from numpty BTLer, or wannabee BTLer, 'oh yes, take the cashflow hit now as prices only ever go up' or similar.

3/ One or two balanced posters may break the happy clappy vibes by posting, ' but there is no guarantee of prices rising, or the market is cooling down'

4/ They get stomped on by the dreamers with ' housing is the best investment ever, if you're renting you're a slob' or similar

5/ Balanced poster comes back with comments like, ' I maybe renting but I could retire on my investments tomorrow' or the like. Explaining why they dont want to buy.

6/ Stupid poster replies to balanced poster, ' well yeah, theres something to what you say but I will ignore anything which doesnt confirm that a bunch of twigs in the corner of the living room will add £10k to the value'

They are truely pathetic.

Guest Shedfish

i haven't put a comment up there yet... just got sucked in by some of the 'stuff'... even felt moved to offer help in keeping cats off someone's lawn...

but i did find an interesting post

notable for Lady Lea's comments more than anything

Edited by Shedfish