House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Viterbi

Private Sales

I have received a scrap of information from somebody who works in property that there has been a higher than usual number of private sales this year between landlords. Could this be responsible for the increase in volume according to the LR? Does anybody have more information?

I've not seen confirmation of this - but have been suspicious lately.

It is a great way to ramp prices.

Landlord A sells to Landlord B 20 properties worth say 90k each for 119 each (below stamp duty threshold). Landlord B sells 20 other properties back the other way for same amount. No estate agents fees, few legal fees and hey presto property prices in the area go up. They can then use the naive media to convince people that these inflated prices are real ( "just check the land registry") and swiftly sell on to other unsuspecting buyers.

It would still be worth doing even over the lower stamp duty thresholds. But only if there were no significant income tax implications- and in theory there are - except who knows what real tax losses they may have to offset against the gains........ ! An dif they are going to sell on anyway it is not even an issue.

It could possibly be a case of professional landlords or landlords who bought several years ago reducing their portfolios and cashing in the equity on their houses, whilst selling houses complete with tenants to amateur and jonny come lately landlords.

I've not seen confirmation of this - but have been suspicious lately.

It is a great way to ramp prices.

Landlord A sells to Landlord B 20 properties worth say 90k each for 119 each (below stamp duty threshold). Landlord B sells 20 other properties back the other way for same amount. No estate agents fees, few legal fees and hey presto property prices in the area go up. They can then use the naive media to convince people that these inflated prices are real ( "just check the land registry") and swiftly sell on to other unsuspecting buyers.

It would still be worth doing even over the lower stamp duty thresholds. But only if there were no significant income tax implications- and in theory there are - except who knows what real tax losses they may have to offset against the gains........ ! An dif they are going to sell on anyway it is not even an issue.

Please get a grip. If you really think this sort of thing goes on then you are sadly deluded. Madcap conspiracy theories such as this only serve to make this place look ridiculous.

You must have some inside information, I always thought this was the landlords best kept secret sworn under oath in the local freemasons hall.

But you have them well and truly rumbled, I suspect you also know they swap each others wives for moonlight orgies in commemoration of the Devils previously physical existence in the world. I had my suscpicions for some time too and now realise that propety prices in Chelsea have been rising simply because the public have caught hold of this scam and are paying 80% over the asking price for their neighbours house safe in the knowledge they will get a handsome return through property inflation.