House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bill65

Free Online Property Valuation

Thanks for the link.

Just been playing round with this, and although it says 'excellent' for the house I live in I think it's wildly optomistic, i'd guess it's over valued my parents house by £150k.

Just found this and found it very useful. Obviously not a set in stone valuation but a good way to get a rough idea from the comfort of your armchair

http://www.propertypriceadvice.com/get_valuation/

interesting link.

i got a sale going through right now for 101K their averaqe valuation is 230k, fair old bit over the top.

the only sure way is to get details from nethouseprices.com then wander your local streets with a note pad noting the type of houses sold.....

Edited by doctor_boost

I'm in rented property but the valuation was dead right in my opinion.

175k Consistent with area prices

150k 2003-2004 Prices

130k in a slow market. Thats what i had in mind if LL ever decides to sell and asks me to make an offer.

Hmmmmm.......now whens that crash scheduled to happen?

Just found this and found it very useful. Obviously not a set in stone valuation but a good way to get a rough idea from the comfort of your armchair

http://www.propertypriceadvice.com/get_valuation/

Hmmmmmmm not convinced that someone would pay £50,000 for my sea view!

However, when I unticked this box and ran it again it was a more realistic and closer valuation.

Yeah right....the house we rent came up as 450k..but there was nothing over the underground to London that goes by every 15 min :unsure:

I think is about 80k-100k to much ;)

:blink::blink: Err...wildly optimistic.

Apparently, my house is worth £1,635,000 in a middle market, £1,905,000 in a strong market, £1,395,000 in a slow market.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: It'd be nice, but no :lol:

Guest Shedfish

my rented flat is a shithole on a main road (admittedly with lots of rooms)

landlord paid 81k for it 6 months ago. i wouldn't buy it today for 55, even if i had a share of the garden

according to PPAdvice it's worth 130k. i think we've uncovered the EA's bible...

Having watched every flat in this area both on find a property and on the land registry, I would say this website have got the valuation spot on.

They reckon 230k in a strong market - which is what flats like this are on for in this area at the moment and they are shifting (not checked the latest Land Reg as yet). 195k in a steady market - that was what the flat upstairs was going for 2 years ago when things went a bit slower on the market. And 165k if a slow market - fair enough, probably about as low as they will go in a crash, having cost 145k 5 years ago.

Mind you, with such a large range, they could hardly fail to be wrong. 60k from top to bottom of range, which is about 30% of their average estimate. They might as well say "well anything really, depending on what someone is prepared to pay."

Still useful to have the ballpark though.

The valuation was over twice what it should have been

They should ask the number of sf, whether or not it is a basement flat

They could have asked all sorts of things to get closer and closer to a more accurate valuation. They could have sent someone around to take a look at your house in person. In fact, they could have just asked what you thought the property was worth. But that wouldn't have been very useful would it? Some people are never happy... probably what happens to you when you live in a basement flat! :lol:

I paid £1.505,000 for my gaff 2 yrs ago , now worth £2.4 - 2.6. The reality is about £1.8m but its nice to dream and run away from the £250pm increase in my mortgage payments!!

Yeah right...no problems there then :rolleyes: