House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
OnlyMe

Landlord Economy

Landlord driven economy, I wonder if he realises quite waht a hornets nest he is opneing.

I predict a riot.

http://www.thisisslough.com/?module=displa...amp;format=html

Friday August 11, 2006

» 'Slough not flooded with immigrants'By Observer Newsroom

Danny Sriskandarajah, associate director of the Institute for Public Policy Research, says the influx of East Europeans is a boon not a curse, leading to more council tax cash and more money for private landlords to channel back into the economy.

If you are on the receiving end of the cash then for sure its all good news.

However if you are at the bottom of the pile you have just introduced many more steps to climb.

The simple fact is, immigration is hitting the poor in low paid unskilled jobs.

Hence the taxpayer having to subsidise these individuals to sit at home as its now longer worth their while working.

The simple fact is, immigration is hitting the poor in low paid unskilled jobs.

Hence the taxpayer having to subsidise these individuals to sit at home as its now longer worth their while working.

Not to mention the fact tat the existing immigrant population is likely to be the most hit, some of whom appear to becoming increasingly radicalised!

leading to more council tax cash

Is it not the point of Council tax to provide the money to pay for council services that get used?

I can't see how more people paying into Council tax is a benefit to the whole system given that there are then more people hence more services that need to be provided, if anything it's a drain and could just as easily increase the level for everybody else.

The problem with immigration as discussed in other collumns is the rise of right wing politics with the BNP etc. This can further the chance of riot's, damage, vandalism could be severely damaging to economy's in certain area's. If you rent accomodation to these people could backfire bigtime.

I think we could well see some scene's like we seen a few years ago.

The problem with immigration as discussed in other collumns is the rise of right wing politics with the BNP etc. This can further the chance of riot's, damage, vandalism could be severely damaging to economy's in certain area's. If you rent accomodation to these people could backfire bigtime.

I think we could well see some scene's like we seen a few years ago.

You mean mobs attacking paediatricians? The problem with immigration is that its made out to be a problem...

I don't support unlimited immigration without some discussion of potential issues and integration, but immigration per se is usually good for economies and societies.

You mean mobs attacking paediatricians? The problem with immigration is that its made out to be a problem...

I don't support unlimited immigration without some discussion of potential issues and integration, but immigration per se is usually good for economies and societies.

I am in favour of modest immigration who bring trades to the country such as bricklayers from Poland who are good at their work. The main problem is muslim extremism as seen on the news over the last couple of days which brings bad news to foreighn workers here. We also here of taxes rising to support immigrants so it cant be good for economies becouse they cant be working if the taxpayer are supporting them. There is far to many coming here. The Polish bricklayers/builders i know pay their own rent claim no benefits whatsoever.

Yep 100% in agreement.