House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cddiment

It's Sayara Time..

Slow car crash written in diary form, hope she has her baby okay, sounds like she going to loose the lot, and her hubbys restaurant, still doesn't sound like she understands the gravity of her situation yet, a knock from the bailiffs will sort that out :ph34r::o

Kensington Mortgages are a sub prime lender I believe. They tell the BBC that they employ a 'standard procedure' where mortgage repayments are three months in arrears. However they dont employ 'standard procedures' when it comes to giving mortgages to the fiscally challenged.

I've got no sympthathy at all for thing whinging, wining woman who seels to think like owes her a favour. She was reaping the rewards of freelance status and of borrowing money and now it's payback time she thinks it's all wrong.

Listen dear, grow up and face the music.

Anyone notice how the BBC disclaimer is now in bold?

This debt diary is a joke, it's not achieving anything having it on the BBC website. If it had a comments (have your say) section, it would be better.

Guest Alright Jack

Anyone notice how the BBC disclaimer is now in bold?

This debt diary is a joke, it's not achieving anything having it on the BBC website. If it had a comments (have your say) section, it would be better.

I think this story was part of the whole debt week programming package that the BBC did 'Streets if Debt'. The problem is that the BBC failed to follow up and so we are left with Sayara looking out of context (as well as out of a job)

But I agree, the story serves no obvious purpose other than tell a common tale of how easy money creates hallucinations of wealth.

Sayara should say Sayanora to her property.

Renting is cheaper. Give the child up to adoption, if she cannot afford it.

My god, reading this thread really illustrates the fact that this forum attracts some very hard hearted people. Ive just read that piece and by all accounts she was booted out of her job because she fell pregnant. This can hit any couple.

You all want her to suffer, give her baby up for adoption, burn in hell etc... You people should really listen the venom in your posts. You people really need help and some common humanity. This forum seems to be made of up of about 5% of people that report on genuinely interesting and relevant info in relation to global housing developments and the rest seems to be the Daily Mail brigade and little Englanders doing what we do best: whinging.

"You all want her to suffer, give her baby up for adoption"

I dont want her or the child to suffer.

Nor do I want to subsidise irresponsible breeding.

Please tell me what is wrong with the old fashioned solution: Adoption ?

IT MAY be the most humane thing for all concerned

I know people that were adopted, and brought up in loving homes, rather than suffering by being brought up by a selfish and irresponsible parent

So because she's been (very) financially stupid that makes her a selfish and irresponsible parent, unable to provide a loving home for her child? :blink:

I agree she needs to learn a lesson about responsible borrowing but that lesson should not include giving up her child for adoption.

DOOB:

Its not as simple as being fired for being pregnant. What frustrates people on here is that she did not have a permanent job - she was a freelance contractor. One of the choices you make as a contractor is that it is fundamentally insecure. Contracts can be terminated at a moments notice, its a risk you take. If her finances weren't up to that level of risk, she shouldn't have taken it. Likewise her BTL investment.

The reality is, she expected to be rich. She became a contractor and BTLer in order to make the dollars without considering the downsides. Now she has been bitten, she wants everyone to be "understanding" and bail her out.

By all means take risks to become successful, but don't expect society to bail you out if it all goes wrong. Otherwise there would be no risk!

I do not want to see her suffer, but she is sounding like a total idiot, someone that has had it far too easy,

should have been selling her BTL straight away,

She will not have a case against her former employer, she could be the one to be sued as she did not fulfill her contract. i would then laugh again.

wish they had a right to reply on there, she would get some sh!t

I don't think forcing a mother to part with her Child is the answer to be honest, she didn't know she was going to be pushed out of her job.

However, IMHO she shouldn't be thinking twice about her buy to let properties, it's tuff sh1t that she's found herself in this position, it could happen to anyone - that's life.

Both her properties should be sold or repossessed to pay her creditors - she made a bad call.

Spartacus,

There's more evidence than that:

+ The so-called "case" against her employer, could well be pure whinge

+ Financial stupidity is hardly a positive qualification for parenting. IMO, we should stop through gifts and incentives at those who have irresponsible pregnancies

So only wealthy people should be able to have kids?

Society is not being forced to subsidise her irresponsibility, we're choosing to ensure that children are not left to suffer in poverty and are in the best place for them to grow up, which in 99% of cases will be with the biological parent(s).

Edited by IamSpartacus

Not at all.

DO YOU think we should subsidise anyone who wants children?

(please see points added to my original posting)

Depends what you mean by "subsidise". If you mean provide a cushy middle-class lifestyle and destroy all incentives to go out and work, of course not. If you mean providing a basic standard of living for all UK citizens and ensuring a basic standard of health, education, etc. for children then yes I do.

A/

"If you mean providing a basic standard of living for all UK citizens and ensuring a basic standard of health, education, etc. for children then yes I do"

A sounds good, but the danger is...

B/

You create an incentive for irresponsible young girls to have children, because by doing so,

they gain access to state subsidises and improve their living standard

If you can achieve A without B, I might agree

A Citizen's Income sounds like one possible solution. There was some interesting discussion of the idea on this site a week or so back.

Are you all aware that Sayara already has a 2 year old daughter?

She obviously didn't mind getting pregnant 3 years ago 'cos the bub-bull was roaring and bellowing like nobody's business (what a double entendre).

She made the mistake of thinking the same would be the case second time round. It may have seemed so a year ago; not any more. Sniff.

There is a right to reply thread now

http://newsforums.bbc.co.uk/nol/thread.jsp...=20060811112820

enjoy

The first comment with over 100 recs says it all: "Highly paid IT consultant, owner of a house and 2 BTL properties plus a restaurant, and she expects credit card companies to cancel her interst just because she chose to have a baby ? Sounds like a yuppie trying to save herself a few thousand to me - what an insult to hard working families who have to genuinely scrimp and save to get by."

:unsure:

S.,

I am not aware of the Citizens Income idea. But it sounds like a poor one.

Loads of lazy people in this country would love to have someone subsidise their lifestyles.

We need to CRUSH those expectations, not raise them

Then maybe you need to research it some more before dismissing it... :ph34r:

Its not about subsidies - everybody in the country receives a very basic level of income sufficient to live on. No need for benefits, no need for means-testing and tax credits, etc. That means that if you work only a single hour a week, that still gives you more money. Under the current system if you get work then you lose your benefits and are worse off unless the job pays above a certain amount. Its a good way to remove the dis-incentive to work and save the huge costs of administering the current benefits system. It also replaces the state pension as it would continue all through your life. If you want a higher standard of living when you retire then you have to save for yourself. Finally, it frees people up to become artists, musicians, etc: all the cultural things that might not pay well but enrich the life and culture of this country. It would be a better world if we weren't all wage-slaves...

Loads of lazy people in this country would love to have someone subsidise their lifestyles.

Indeed. If I could get a 'Citizen's Income' that would give me a half-decent life for doing nothing, I can safely say I sure as hell wouldn't be getting up every morning to go to work.

Motivational structures determine the kind of society you have, and the motivational structures in modern Britain are totally screwed.

Repeat: We need to CRUSH those expectations (of Sayara's)

"CRUSH" is the right word. There is no proper gentle way to do it.

And this is a clear case for: Cruel-to-be kind.

Then let her think about how best to meet her responsibilities towards her children

Lets also remember that this goes back to November 2005, when she knew she was in debt and had TWO BTL properties, her own house and the husbands restaurant.

Instead of selling the BTL's she decided she wanted to have the Rental Income during maternity, even though she knew she could not cover payments on her debts.

She has had plenty of time to take a more 'considered' course of action, but decided on greed instead.

AFP

She'll never live with herself if she gave up her child in favour of her buy to let properties - for me, the way forward for her is crystal clear - she loses her property.

Repeat: We need to CRUSH those expectations (of Sayara's)

"CRUSH" is the right word. There is no proper gentle way to do it.

And this is a clear case for: Cruel-to-be kind.

Then let her think about how best to meet her responsibilities towards her children

You have a right. People have to be resposible for their life and actions. Benefits are eroding this sense of responsibility.

Sociologists recognized, that for instance, uneployment can be trasferred trough generations. So called "learned unemployment" has a basis in benefits - children are learnig how to get money from the state (so, from society), not how to get a job, by watching and repeating behaviour of their parents.

Even whole social groups can behave like that. In Poland, there is pernament arguing on line goverment - miners. Just miners are used, that when the mine has any troubles, it is not shut down but the state is doing an bailout. Moreover, they are used, that they have a right to 13 and 14 salary (yes, they get 14 salaries per year!). If anybody tries to stop that, miners travel to Warsaw and assault Goverment's buildings.

Moreober, if even somebody proposes miners another job, they refuse with a hate. Construction? NO! Road building? NO!

If UK wants to have such people like polish miners, should rescue Sayara and every similiar person.

Spartacus,

There's more evidence than that:

+ The so-called "case" against her employer, could well be pure whinge

+ Financial stupidity is hardly a positive qualification for parenting. IMO, we should stop through gifts and incentives at those who have irresponsible pregnancies

BTW, I am not saying she should be FORCED to give up her child,

but neither should society be FORCED to subsidise her irresponsibility.

Giving up for Adoption, should be seen as a realistic alternative

There are far too many people who think the world owes them a lifestyle.

We need to CRUSH that expectation

I have never been so angry on a forum, who the hell suggests that somebody who is facing a blip in their finances gives up their baby ? Have you got children, do you have a clue about emotional attachment to another human being ? I would sleep in a cardboard box before I gave up my children as would most parents. I don't think in Britain that situation would be allowed to occur and quite right too.