House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
devslim

Fancy A Cheap House - Con The Council

Greedy barstewards like this make me want to vomit

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=242206

Buying my parents home-help please!

Hi I am extending my mortgage to give my parents the money to buy their home from their local authority (they are both retired). My question is after three years,during which they can't then sell the house without a penalty charge being applied, can they sell me the house for a nominal sum?

It makes me sick to see the way our social services are being abused by these parasites.

Greedy barstewards like this make me want to vomit

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=242206

It makes me sick to see the way our social services are being abused by these parasites.

The problem is as much the system which allows social housing to be sold at bargain rates as it is the people who take advantage.

You can't really blame people for looking to take advantage of opportunities in front of them.

this really hacks me off, they say the council can't afford to maintain council house so sell off, but why below market value - why?. sell of less houses AT market value then plow the profit into keeping the counicl house stock going for the people in the area that need it.

i remeber selling a double glazing to a guy who was complaining he got the house for £34K when the famliy over the road only paid £28k 6 months back - i would say market value of the property was £70-£80K :angry:

this really hacks me off, they say the council can't afford to maintain council house so sell off, but why below market value - why?. sell of less houses AT market value then plow the profit into keeping the counicl house stock going for the people in the area that need it.

i remeber selling a double glazing to a guy who was complaining he got the house for £34K when the famliy over the road only paid £28k 6 months back - i would say market value of the property was £70-£80K :angry:

Dont forget the discount you get off the market price is dependant on the amount of years you have payed rent.

Dont forget the discount you get off the market price is dependant on the amount of years you have payed rent.

yup, this is good point.

but why should the council discount? market value is more revenue for the "strugling" council maintance fund in my book.