House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest UK Debt Slave

David Cameron-more Of The Same?

Guest mattsta1964

How long has the 'new sharp' suit been leader of the opposition now???

Must be 6 months surely

When is he going to actually talk about proper policy?

Why has he said precisely ZERO in relation to the recent and ongoing crisis in the middle-east?

What are the policies of the main UK opposition party? I haven't got a clue! Have you?

Are his only policies more women MPs in the tory party, more people should recycle their rubbish and ride a bicycle to work and hug trees

FOR FEKKS SAKE TORY PARTY! WAKEEEYYYY WAKKEEEEEYYYY!

I imagine he figures that NuLab will self-destroy in an orgy of unemployment and sleaze before the next election, and he can then get the NuLab votes by being Tony Blair Lite. He doesn't care about Tory voters, because who else are they going to vote for?

How long has the 'new sharp' suit been leader of the opposition now???

Must be 6 months surely

When is he going to actually talk about proper policy?

Why has he said precisely ZERO in relation to the recent and ongoing crisis in the middle-east?

What are the policies of the main UK opposition party? I haven't got a clue! Have you?

Are his only policies more women MPs in the tory party, more people should recycle their rubbish and ride a bicycle to work and hug trees

FOR FEKKS SAKE TORY PARTY! WAKEEEYYYY WAKKEEEEEYYYY!

Totally agree. I thought David Cameron offered some hope for an alternative to NuLabour but on present form I can see another 5 years of NuLabour after the next GE. Emmigration anyone?

We need an alternative but with a statesman at the head. Any good women in the Tory party? Maggie II? Can't think of a soul and that is why TB has lasted so long--there is no one to replace him whether we like his policies or not.

Guest mattsta1964

I imagine he figures that NuLab will self-destroy in an orgy of unemployment and sleaze before the next election, and he can then get the NuLab votes by being Tony Blair Lite. He doesn't care about Tory voters, because who else are they going to vote for?

It's a pretty big missed opportunity though don't you think? Everyone is thoroughly hacked off with 'TotalitarianTony' and Gordo 'Have the fekkn shirt off my back why don't ya' Brown, so how come the tories, who admittedly are just as much a bag o' shysters, haven't taken advantage of their unpopularity. Camerooooni is a huge disappointment. He is articulate but has no substance. A bit of a shame really.

I had high hopes that Cameron would turn the party around. I now see that David Davies was the man for the job. Grew up on a council estate, worked his way out of it and into politics. Wasn't born with a silver-spoon in his mouth.

I hope he stands again when the leadeship next comes up, which hopefully won't be too many years away. We need a proper government back in charge.

I'm leaning more and more to the right.

I had high hopes that Cameron would turn the party around. I now see that David Davies was the man for the job. Grew up on a council estate, worked his way out of it and into politics. Wasn't born with a silver-spoon in his mouth.

I hope he stands again when the leadeship next comes up, which hopefully won't be too many years away. We need a proper government back in charge.

I'm leaning more and more to the right.

I voted for David Davis in the membership vote but the geriatrics were taken in by all that guff about 'Dave' being a kind of "silver bullet". Pity he's been like the TA - firing nought but blanks! He appeals to a tiny group of people in West London and the home counties - people with names like Arabella and Hugo, you get my drift. He'll sink on the council estates and those north of Watford Gap. They couldn't give a toss about global warming (weather as I call it); they want action to tackle yobbos and immigration and want taxes cut. I hope his political demise is particularly unpleasent.

You're not the only one who is becoming more Right wing. I know scores of people who are deserting the so-called 'Tories' for UKIP and the BNP. "There are millions of white, Anglo-Saxon bigots in this country, who's going to cater for them?" That's a direct quote from the late, great Eric Forth.

True.

My biggest fear is that the Tories' abandonment of their core voters will lead to those voters holding their noses and voting BNP instead. Where, oddly, they'll be rubbing shoulders with many of the voters who've abandoned Labour...

This country is going to be in such a mess ten years from now. I'm so glad I don't have a house to worry about.

Guest mattsta1964

True.

My biggest fear is that the Tories' abandonment of their core voters will lead to those voters holding their noses and voting BNP instead. Where, oddly, they'll be rubbing shoulders with many of the voters who've abandoned Labour...

This country is going to be in such a mess ten years from now. I'm so glad I don't have a house to worry about.

Yes MG. I totally agree. I'm very concerned about what what the future holds for the UK citizen. I'm only here now to see out my parents. I'm single and just itching to sell up and get out for good.

NEW LABOUR = SPIV

DAVID CAMERON = SPIV

Yes. The same sharp suit, zero substance bs I'm afraid.

I agree about David Davies in the other posts. He seemed a lot more genuine and rounded than Cameron who seems to be pandering just to the museli and organically grown veg munching Tarquin and Faquar Hockleys of Chelsea and Knightsbridge brigade. It's pathetic the tories fell for the same trick that screwed the Labour party.

It would be wrong for the tories to start explaining their policies a year after an election. Labour would have 3-4 years to start rubbishing the tories policies and start spreading more labour spin and lies and people would fall for it like they did before.

I honestly believe the general election in 2009/10 will be up for grabs for the tories.

I voted for David Davis in the membership vote but the geriatrics were taken in by all that guff about 'Dave' being a kind of "silver bullet". Pity he's been like the TA - firing nought but blanks! He appeals to a tiny group of people in West London and the home counties - people with names like Arabella and Hugo, you get my drift. He'll sink on the council estates and those north of Watford Gap. They couldn't give a toss about global warming (weather as I call it); they want action to tackle yobbos and immigration and want taxes cut. I hope his political demise is particularly unpleasent.

You're not the only one who is becoming more Right wing. I know scores of people who are deserting the so-called 'Tories' for UKIP and the BNP. "There are millions of white, Anglo-Saxon bigots in this country, who's going to cater for them?" That's a direct quote from the late, great Eric Forth.

When an indigenous population feels like immigration is destroying its cultural norms there is always a tendency to react in ways that some call "right wing" or "far left." As the economic cycle turns down after 10 years or so of boom the fear will grow and it seems that the fringe parties will inevitably gain more votes. Nothing boosts BNP-type parties more than a dose of inflation coupled with job losses and the perception that foreigners are to blame (How Adolf came to power in 1930's Germany).

NuLabour are waking up to this as evidenced by another Scot on TB's team, John "Jimmy" Reid, who said that we should not equate racism with the need to look at immigration "maturely." Seems that NuLabour's policy of "PC", once TB's favourite, is losing favour in the light of new realties facing the declining Miracle Economy. NuLabour realise people are looking hard at the policy of unrestricted immigration. Especially among Muslim populations in the light of the recent bomb scare. The idea of 600,000 Bulgarians and Romanians coming to the UK in a couple of years when unemployment and a so-called housing shortage exist is not good for votes.

Expect a shift further to the right. If Reid can convince the electorate that NuLabour are going tough on immigration and prove it by just saying no it will remove most of the fringe party platforms. David "Scotty" Cameron (why do we have so many Scots in power these days?) has missed the boat by going green when most people are worried about the here and now--fuel, council taxes, jobs, housing, immigration and crime.

Both Parties have shown themselves to be unelectable.

The Tories have been playing the game watching from the sidelines as new Labour implode under the reports each and every day of their dismal failure to manage the country. Economy, Foreign Policy, Social Policy, all are flawed and each becomes a thorn in their side and testament to the dismal failure New Labour are.

However the Tories will at some stage have to lay their cards on the table, and like many others I believe their hand is one of poker, and they have nothing to lay of any consequence.

The future is indeed bleak, the well timed airports fiasco will blow over and we will all start reading about the failed US/UK backed invasion of Lebanon. Again we the public will be those that pay the price for a failed and inadequate middle east policy that has been designed to create havoc and chaos in the middle east in the vain hope of installing the failed political system of the west into the middle east.

My biggest concern for the future is that when the dust has settled the war mongering politicians will all be retired out and forgotten about, it will be the average Joe in the street again that will have to pay the real price for the failed politics of this so called New Peacefull Century.

The solution is in our hands, yet for so long as we the electorate are picking up the 20k of hypothetical profits from our hyperinflated property bubbles then I think we can all guarantee the gravy train to ruin will continue.

The trouble is if the tories like the previous leader M Howard and before him W Hague mention immigration Labour's immediate response is to brand them racist. I agree there wont be much difference politics has become far to centralised. The huge increase in immigration has helped fuel the housing market and possibly helped the unemployment. Many polish people taking building jobs i have trouble understanding many of them their english very poor.

DC also has the problem that if he comes out with a policy that resonates with the public it will be nicked by NuLab so he has to keep his powder dry until before the 2009/2010 GE. He has moved the ModCons North in the polls and is maintaining a clear lead over NuLab. The new boundary commission changes are said to be worth about 12-20 seats for the Conservatives so he is on the verge on making them electable.

Dont get me wrong, I know the Conservatives will win the next election.

However that will most certainly not make it right.

The damage has been done, the ideology of mass immigration is now irreversible, Reids smoke screen of interest is nothing more than cheap words.

The fact is under the law of the EU (That is the EU court having the final word) we have to take anyone from the EU region.

So as per design the future is flocks of workers trudging back and forth across Europe in the hope of work, and that will extend to the UK as well.