House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Badger

Plane Bombs Plot Foiled

That was to be our 9/11. The Indians are in trouble now and an article in today's Intl. Tribune (NY Times ed.) points out that angry young Muslims were behind the train bombings and were being financed by Angry Muslim groups in neighbouring Pakistan. Epidemic I am afraid.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/08/09/news/terror.php

India fears some of its Muslims are joining terrorists

By Somini Sengupta The New York Times

Published: August 9, 2006
NEW DELHI The bomb attacks last month on seven Mumbai commuter trains did more than raise Indian hackles against Pakistan for failing to rein in terrorist groups operating on its soil.
They also underscored a gathering threat for India: a small but increasingly deadly cadre of young and often educated Indian Muslims who are being drawn directly into terrorist operations.
The scale and coordination of the July 11 attacks, a senior Indian government official said, suggest that at least one terrorist cell, made up of fewer than a dozen local people and probably directed and financed by militants based in Pakistan, may have carried out the bombings, which killed 183 people.
In the past, the official said, Indian operatives have aided foreign militants in what he called a benign fashion, sometimes providing little more than shelter or food. "The change is that some of them really know what they are up to," the official said.
The emergence of more advanced homegrown terror cells carries grave implications, not only for national security, but also for domestic politics, Hindu-Muslim relations and diplomacy with Pakistan.
Perhaps most important, it touches on India's idea of itself as the world's largest secular democracy, capable of including a multitude of peoples and faiths.
"A small section of the Indian Muslim community has been radicalized," said C.Raja Mohan, a columnist for The Indian Express and a member of the National Security Advisory Board. "That's what makes it that much more challenging for the country as a whole to deal with."
The police have arrested eight men from Mumbai, formerly Bombay, in connection with the attacks, although no details have been disclosed about their possible links to the bombings. Among them are a doctor of traditional Islamic medicine and a largely self- taught software worker.
Edited by Realistbear

Gosh! I say! Charming looking lady! :D

Its the syrian presidents wife who is English.

She is a good looker.

I have used her as my avatar because i believe Syria are our next target in the war on terrorism :ph34r:

Its the syrian presidents wife who is English.

She is a good looker.

I have used her as my avatar because i believe Syria are our next target in the war on terrorism :ph34r:

We shouldn't attack any country with a woman that good looking. :angry:

BTW, Syria are mostly Sunni's and the Shia's are fighting a civil war against them in Iraq. It wouldn't take much for a Shia-Sunni showdown in Syria to keep them busy.

Guest Alright Jack

Casting back to the decades of our fight against the Irish Republican Army, I can't remember the police foiling their plans very often. More often, the plot succeded and we only heard about it moments before via coded message - so no other party could take 'credit' for the incident.

Notwithstanding July 7, what I want to know is, how did we suddenly get so darn good at anti terrorism? It seems every other week there is a story about how our boys have foiled yet another evil plot to destroy the world. Of course I am thankful, but sceptical fancies are begining to appear in dim, shadowy forms.

I think its a bit disingenuous to claim this is all being done as a bit of a publicity stunt.

We are now assisted by the FBI/CIA/Mossad etc which wouldn't have been the case in IRA times - plus the IRA incidents were generally one off and comparatively limited attacks.

Guest Alright Jack

I want to make a very much more substantial point too.

In all the thirty years of fighting the IRA, it apparently never crossed anyone's mind to take out the country from which the IRA emerged. I am obviously talking about the Irish Republic. Of course not, it just didn't make sense to attack a nation because of an antisocial fringe outside the control of the state.

I know that's putting it too midly but it is not innacurate in my opinion. So, why apply different policies in our new wars against a different antisocial fringe?

Casting back to the decades of our fight against the Irish Republican Army, I can't remember the police foiling their plans very often. More often, the plot succeded and we only heard about it moments before via coded message - so no other party could take 'credit' for the incident.

Notwithstanding July 7, what I want to know is, how did we suddenly get so darn good at anti terrorism? It seems every other week there is a story about how our boys have foiled yet another evil plot to destroy the world. Of course I am thankful, but sceptical fancies are begining to appear in dim, shadowy forms.

Yes i know what you are saying and it's strange that 99.9% of them arrested in the past were never charged.

i also find it strange that Blair keeps letting more and more people into the UK and tells us we need ID cards to protect ourselves against these people. Bit like saying you can not lock your front door incase the house goes up in flames so you must sell all you items so no one would want to walk in a nick them.

getting the big picture is not easy since the Media is all controlled but it's worth keeping your eyes open

I think its a bit disingenuous to claim this is all being done as a bit of a publicity stunt.

We are now assisted by the FBI/CIA/Mossad etc which wouldn't have been the case in IRA times - plus the IRA incidents were generally one off and comparatively limited attacks.

These are the last people in the world i want to protect me or liberate me but i can tell you think steel structured buildings just fall down :)

Edited by Justice

I want to make a very much more substantial point too.

In all the thirty years of fighting the IRA, it apparently never crossed anyone's mind to take out the country from which the IRA emerged. I am obviously talking about the Irish Republic. Of course not, it just didn't make sense to attack a nation because of an antisocial fringe outside the control of the state.

I know that's putting it too midly but it is not innacurate in my opinion. So, why apply different policies in our new wars against a different antisocial fringe?

Good question. I think it is partly a case of the degreee of association with the aims and ambitions of those ofn the group and the degree of financial and moral support for those aims. When you have states/religions that are openly calling to arms and providing funding (either directly or indrectly) you get to the next level.

Israel are fighting a war they cannot win. Even with Western backing they cannot defeat a terrorist cell army that embedds itself into a civilian population unless there is a willingness to take that population out along with the Terrorists. Likewise, we could not have bombed NI to remove the Terrorist cells.

Hezbollah have been planning this war for 6 years and caught Israel off guard. They even took Warren Buffett off guard and latest news is that his factory in N Israel has been closed for the duration due to rocket attacks.

The only soltuion is for a permanent UN peacekeeping force to occupy a DMZ all round Israel to keep Hezbollah rockets out of range. We should not permit the war to get out of control and force any of the sides to resort to the big bombs as final acts of desperation.

Remember this publicity stunt

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2749659.stm

The date of this publicity stunt was Feb 2003

The war on Iraq started on March 19, 2003

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml.../10/nreid10.xml

Terrorists are the greatest threat since Hitler, warns Reid

By Toby Helm, Chief Political Correspondent
(Filed: 10/08/2006)
John Reid rounded on judges, politicians and commentators yesterday for failing to grasp that today's terrorists pose the greatest threat to the civilised world since Adolf Hitler.
In his first speech on national security since becoming Home Secretary, Mr Reid said he had already found that those who should be "foremost in recognising the serious nature of the threat just don't get it".
John Reid: 'Migrants can bring great skills'
Portraying himself as a hardliner on security and immigration issues, Mr Reid said Britain was now in constant danger from the same breed of "unconstrained" terrorist that was causing mass bloodshed in Iraq.

:o

Remember this publicity stunt

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2749659.stm

The date of this publicity stunt was Feb 2003

The war on Iraq started on March 19, 2003

What are they preparing us for this time?

:ph34r:

plane.bmp

plane.bmp

plane.bmp

plane.bmp

Edited by crystal ball

John Reid rounded on judges, politicians and commentators yesterday for failing to grasp that today's terrorists pose the greatest threat to the civilised world since Adolf Hitler.

Bigger than the Cuban missile crisis? Greater than the Soviet invasions of Hungary and Chekoslovakia? Greater than having 13000 nuclear missiles pointed at the west ready to be launched at a moments notice for 30 years? Stalin lived till 1954 wasn't he a tad more dangerous than some little man with a little bomb? When the Soviets set off a 100MT bomb their scientists wern't entirely sure it wouldn't light the atmosphere destroying a large part of the Earth, isn't that a tad more dangerous than some guy with a stanley knife?

John Reid is a moron.

Bigger than the Cuban missile crisis? Greater than the Soviet invasions of Hungary and Chekoslovakia? Greater than having 13000 nuclear missiles pointed at the west ready to be launched at a moments notice for 30 years? Stalin lived till 1954 wasn't he a tad more dangerous than some little man with a little bomb? When the Soviets set off a 100MT bomb their scientists wern't entirely sure it wouldn't light the atmosphere destroying a large part of the Earth, isn't that a tad more dangerous than some guy with a stanley knife?

John Reid is a moron.

Maybe he is exaggerating a little bit. However, just remember, today's terrorists have modern technology at their disposal. Also, some of them would be quite happy to (try to) blow up large parts of the World.

Give them ONE of those 13000 nuclear missiles (that have 30 years' dust on them) and see how quickly they would launch it...

That's the difference.

Edited by Without_a_Paddle

Hezbollah have been planning this war for 6 years and caught Israel off guard. They even took Warren Buffett off guard and latest news is that his factory in N Israel has been closed for the duration due to rocket attacks.

I don't think this is correct. Hezbollah planned to kidnap some Israelis for a prisoner exchange (a very small action in the simmering cauldron). Israel have been planning an attack on Lebanon for a long while (at least a year, it would appear), and they have used the Hezbollah action as a pretext to put their plans into action.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/st...1839280,00.html

Peter.

John Reid is a moron.

I think John might be alluding to the proliferation of nukes (viruses) and the ability to set one off in a briefcase. You could see Adolf and his armies but the terrorists are invisible and could be the nice gentleman who lives down the street.

my thoughts on this were similiar to some already mentioned - basically it is all 'alleged' until proved

remember those people arrested in london a couple of months back, one got shot, but weren't doing anything

same may be the case with this

i think these things are drummed up by the government to raise hatred against 'muslims' - notice it was stated on the news that all were 'british muslims' - so we will then be less sympathetic when tony and bush decide to bomb somewhere far-off that our miseducated minds believe populated by these bad bad 'muslims'.

the same as we talk about sheeple for house prices, the sheeple are the target for the well oiled media machine in instances like this.

terrorist attacks will happen, but given it takes our police 6 years to convict two boys of killing another, i doubt they have the intelligence to stop something big.

I don't think this is correct. Hezbollah planned to kidnap some Israelis for a prisoner exchange (a very small action in the simmering cauldron). Israel have been planning an attack on Lebanon for a long while (at least a year, it would appear), and they have used the Hezbollah action as a pretext to put their plans into action.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/st...1839280,00.html

Peter.

The article I read on this makes this suggestion due to the intricate planning of cells and stockpiling of thousands of missiles in strategic locations. Hezbollah had to first win over the Lebanese with schools, medicine etc. (funded by Iran) and this did not happen overnight. I doubt this was a spur of the moment kidnap and random rocket attack. There is little Israel can do to win as it is impossible to distinguish a terrorist from a Lebanese citizen. A UN DMZ is the only solution but it will have to be large enough to keep rockets from hitting Israel. Problem here is that they can easily develop longer range missiles as they have high tech support from Shia nations including Iran. Not sure how Syria will react though as the Sunnis are at war with the Shias. The artcile below suggests that the war is not going away anytime soon as Al Qaeda raises the anti-Shia stakes. How does this fit in with Iran we might ask who are militant Shias. They obviously have a stake in the anti-Sunni killings in Iraq.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,,1840903,00.html

Baghdad death toll increases to 60 a day

Michael Howard in Irbil

Thursday August 10, 2006

The Guardian

Deaths from sectarian strife in Baghdad are reaching unprecedented levels, with the central morgue yesterday reporting a sharp rise in the number of corpses it received during July.
Officials said 1,815 bodies - about 60 a day - had passed through its doors last month compared with 1,595 in June. Of those, 90% were reported to have suffered violent deaths.
"Most of the cases have gunshot wounds to the head," Abdul Razzaq al-Obaidi, the morgue's assistant manager, told Reuters. "Some of them were strangled and others were beaten to death with clubs."
The figure is the highest monthly toll since February, when an attack on the Shia shrine in Samarra by suspected al-Qaida militants unleashed a wave of tit-for-tat killings between Baghdad's Shia and Sunni communities.

Its all about protecting the fiat dollar has the trading currency for oil which without would mean total collapse of the us economy which would bring down other countries like the uk because of our economic links with us.

War on terror is the smoke screen in order to invade countries that dare trade oil in other currencies like the euro like saddam hussein did in nov 2000. We know what happened there no WMD found but the trading of oil in euros was stopped so the mission was accomplished.

Iran are now going to start trading oil in euros so its war on terror pt2 you can bet your bonny little ass that this latest terror threat is linked to this problem.

Trust me do your research for the Iranian oil bourse and ask if this latest war on terror are linked.

Thanks for listening

I think John might be alluding to the proliferation of nukes (viruses) and the ability to set one off in a briefcase. You could see Adolf and his armies but the terrorists are invisible and could be the nice gentleman who lives down the street.

Oh not the yellowcake and nukes bs again. Fool me once and all that.

Edited by Della

Its all about protecting the fiat dollar has the trading currency for oil which without would mean total collapse of the us economy which would bring down other countries like the uk because of our economic links with us.

War on terror is the smoke screen in order to invade countries that dare trade oil in other currencies like the euro like saddam hussein did in nov 2000. We know what happened there no WMD found but the trading of oil in euros was stopped so the mission was accomplished.

Iran are now going to start trading oil in euros so its war on terror pt2 you can bet your bonny little ass that this latest terror threat is linked to this problem.

Trust me do your research for the Iranian oil bourse and ask if this latest war on terror are linked.

Thanks for listening

You may be right but I am troubled by the war on terror in India where angry Muslim groups are blowing up trains full of civilians. Could the Indian government be behind this to focus attention on Pakistan's nuke projects? Or is it a wider problem that is more to do with a worldwide clash of cultures. After all, the ARab nations control most of the oil and the West are pumping billions into their wealthy pockets to buy the stuff. Not too many Sheiks are complaining as they take delivery of the latest Twin Turbo Bentley?

Could the switch to Euros be a plot to bring Europe to its knees by overvaluing its currency and making it impossible for exports? This could be a Chinese plot when you think about it? You could also say it may be Ivan Illyich Putin of all the Russias and a plan to re-establish Soviet supremacy by using the ARabs to bring down the West by jacking up oil and ruining economies?

Edited by Realistbear

I'm supposed to be flying to Egypt today...*****ers. What a massive over reaction as well, you can't even take a ******ing book onto the plane. Why don't they just search the people who look asian, ****** political correctness.