House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dubsie

Immigrants Ok But No To Refuse

This evening I loaded up my car with some old wood and drove down the road to my local refuse centre run by a local borough council.

When I arrived at the refuse centre I was questioned by one of the operatives where I lived. It turned out that this particular refuse centre was run by my neighbouring council despite being only 1/2 mile down the road. As a result I was turned away and given directions to a refuse centre nearly 15 miles away which was run by own council.

The operatives argument was that my council tax didn't contribute towards that centre and therefore I wasn't allowed to deposit my waste. I tried to argue that by driving 15 miles to the next waste recycling centre would be more damaging to the enironment, he was having none of it and threatened to call the police if I didn't leave immediately....so off I went.

My point really is that we are expected to pay a 6% increase in council tax to accommodate immigrants yet they won't accommodate local residents who fall a few hundred metres out of county boundaries. They want us to pay for another countries problem but won't pay for a neighbouring council.

Also as the local plumber all my waste copper and lead is cashed in the same centre.......they accept that gladly.....mmmhh I wonder why.

This evening I loaded up my car with some old wood and drove down the road to my local refuse centre run by a local borough council.

When I arrived at the refuse centre I was questioned by one of the operatives where I lived. It turned out that this particular refuse centre was run by my neighbouring council despite being only 1/2 mile down the road. As a result I was turned away and given directions to a refuse centre nearly 15 miles away which was run by own council.

The operatives argument was that my council tax didn't contribute towards that centre and therefore I wasn't allowed to deposit my waste. I tried to argue that by driving 15 miles to the next waste recycling centre would be more damaging to the enironment, he was having none of it and threatened to call the police if I didn't leave immediately....so off I went.

My point really is that we are expected to pay a 6% increase in council tax to accommodate immigrants yet they won't accommodate local residents who fall a few hundred metres out of county boundaries. They want us to pay for another countries problem but won't pay for a neighbouring council.

Also as the local plumber all my waste copper and lead is cashed in the same centre.......they accept that gladly.....mmmhh I wonder why.

All councils these days are PC scum more concerned with pushing their own multicultural agendas than serving the people who actually pay their wages.

All councils these days are PC scum more concerned with pushing their own multicultural agendas than serving the people who actually pay their wages.

I'm not sure what the answer is as councils are so powerful....what can you do, there's laws for just about everything. I think Brits are going to have to make a stand soon.

I'm not sure what the answer is as councils are so powerful....what can you do, there's laws for just about everything. I think Brits are going to have to make a stand soon.

Vote for a party next time who are not one of the big 3!

What did he expect the Police to do? Arrest you for questioning a stupid policy? You should have stood up for yourself, told him to call the police and awaited their arrival. When they didn't arrive I'd have smacked the ******* with a piece of whatever you had taken to the tip.

I can't wait for the revolution. I have a lot of bullets to spray.