House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Magpie

Oi, Realist Bear!

Virtual quids anyway. We had a bet on the quarterly figures for detached in Stratford, up or down, and they're up 10.7% on the quarter. Still down on the year, but the bet was on the quarterly figures.

I'm not gloating about prices going up, for me those figures are all based on low quantities and therefore statistically insignificant. But I still want my money... :rolleyes:

OK, just dropped by to say that. Cheerio...

Virtual quids anyway. We had a bet on the quarterly figures for detached in Stratford, up or down, and they're up 10.7% on the quarter. Still down on the year, but the bet was on the quarterly figures.

I'm not gloating about prices going up, for me those figures are all based on low quantities and therefore statistically insignificant. But I still want my money... :rolleyes:

OK, just dropped by to say that. Cheerio...

Here they are--50 virtuals!

BTW, no one in my area can see it. All our newspaper property ads show price reduction by the score. Builder in the town next to me has a large development of cheaper homes and we noticed yesterday that the for sale signs have all been replaced with "For Rent." The sudden reverse from -8.2% in Q1 to +10.2% in Q2 justifies some closer analysis. I am afrais I can only echo the immortal words of Mr. Meldrew.

Didn't the ODPM get removed from the LR stats this time around and a new methodology employed? A Brown methodology perhaps.

Anyone know about the changes, if any?

Oh ****** springs to mind :angry:

I'm not pleased that prices are going up or anything. The point of the bet was just that I thought RB was putting too much weight on those figures, which were 8% or so down in the last quarter...

Here they are--50 virtuals!

BTW, no one in my area can see it. All our newspaper property ads show price reduction by the score. Builder in the town next to me has a large development of cheaper homes and we noticed yesterday that the for sale signs have all been replaced with "For Rent." The sudden reverse from -8.2% in Q1 to +10.2% in Q2 justifies some closer analysis. I am afrais I can only echo the immortal words of Mr. Meldrew.

Didn't the ODPM get removed from the LR stats this time around and a new methodology employed? A Brown methodology perhaps.

Anyone know about the changes, if any?

Thanks mate. I wouldn't worry too much about it, you're bound to get swings in samples of a few hundred or so. I reckon the overall drift is probably still stationary or down...

Are we talking about Stratford, London or the REAL Stratford ie upon-Avon?

Avon, though I'd call the London one the real one. Nothing outside London is real to me...

Are we talking about Stratford, London or the REAL Stratford ie upon-Avon?

Upon Avon, I believe (ie - Birmingham, but with a few swans)

Edited by Europa

You mean RB lives in Stratford arggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sod houses being overpriced - I'm moving ;)

We're hoping to soon too so that more than makes up for RB, we should all go for a pint in the swans nest and drown our sorrows !

Good grief - how many Stratfordians are on this site?

There are quite a few apparently. I live 11 miles from the City Centre. Frequently visit the Town to enjoy what has become a surprise good place for a Capuccino-- M & S Cafe Revive. Atmosphere lacks but the coffee is excellent and cheaper than the harsh stuff Starbucks conjur up.

There are quite a few apparently. I live 11 miles from the City Centre. Frequently visit the Town to enjoy what has become a surprise good place for a Capuccino-- M & S Cafe Revive. Atmosphere lacks but the coffee is excellent and cheaper than the harsh stuff Starbucks conjur up.

So that's what your spending your deposit on capuccino :lol:

11 miles in which direction? I'm getting this sinking feeling that your my next door neighbour :lol:

11 miles in which direction? I'm getting this sinking feeling that your my next door neighbour :lol:

Probably not--I am in the middle of negotiations that might cause a relocation to Gatport Airwick area by October. W Sussex was taking a beating in the March LR stats and my contacts down there say nothing has changed with houses still sticking like glue. Sadly, it still a good 30% higher than the West Midlands.

Which part of Stratford area re you in? It seems that sentiment is very poor in the area due to the massive loss of jobs a bit further north. With the possibility that Jaguar could be sold off soon things have only got more gloomy. Landrover shuts down in November leaving very little manufacturing in what was once the heartland for such activity. Oh well, can't have high house prices AND jobs where there is globalisation.

Hey, now the ball's gotten well and truly rolling, I'll own up and throw my hat into the ring - I'm in Coventry (albeit northside).

If there really are enough of us within a reasonable distance, how about us all meeting monthly, say the afternoon of each day the BoE meet to decide YKW? Only semi-joking.

It seems that sentiment is very poor in the area due to the massive loss of jobs a bit further north. With the possibility that Jaguar could be sold off soon things have only got more gloomy. Landrover shuts down in November leaving very little manufacturing in what was once the heartland for such activity. Oh well, can't have high house prices AND jobs where there is globalisation.

In all honesty most people living in Stratford are so insular they don't have the first idea what is going on North of them. The market there is currently dominated by large numbers of newbuild properties that have flooded the market. The only good news is that because they aren't selling well, there are some deals to be done - easier with a housebuilder than a private individual