House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Charlie Don't Surf

Icici?

I know some people have accounts with these people. Anyway, I think I'm going to give them a swerve as 1) they have taken over 24 hours to reply to a simple question by email and 2) their use of English is a little dubious. I signed up for an account and a few days later received instructions saying :

"The cheque should be addressed in the favour of Mr. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"

What does that mean. Surely they were trying to say made payable to?! Is this Indian speak?

Everything about them just seems ropey. I'm sure they are OK and covered by whatever insurance but I'd rather loose a few quid a year and live without the hassle!

Edited by surfgatinho

Don't touch them is my advice , all what you said i would agree with , do you want your dough in a bank in Bombay ?

Do you think there worth that tiny fraction of a point ?

ING , currently doing a 6 month bond at 5.1 % .

I know some people have accounts with these people. Anyway, I think I'm going to give them a swerve as 1) they have taken over 24 hours to reply to a simple question by email and 2) their use of English is a little dubious. I signed up for an account and a few days later received instructions saying :

"The cheque should be addressed in the favour of Mr. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"

What does that mean. Surely they were trying to say made payable to?! Is this Indian speak?

Everything about them just seems ropey. I'm sure they are OK and covered by whatever insurance but I'd rather loose a few quid a year and live without the hassle!

Don't worry, they are okay (I have been their customer for many years).