House Price Crash Forum
Warwickshire Lad

Boe Hints At Further Rate Rises

"In its quarterly inflation report, the Bank said inflation could rise as high as 2.7% without a rate rise."

Told you, they are redefining the inflationary 'boundries' already

IR will not rise - it's too risky for the housing bubble - they will redefine 'inflation' if it stays stubbonly high

yup! Bring it on. Although, with the Fed holding and the pound rising towards $2 the MPC could probably affort to wait until October. Unless, of course next weeks inflation data shows 2.7%. :huh::D

5 and a quarter, the bailiffs have caught ya

5 and a half, yer 'avin a larf!

heading to six, borrowers sick.

etc

When it hits seven, FTB heaven.

If it reaches eight, an exit is too late

Up to nine, looking fine

All the way to ten, thanks to Ben.

Apologies this is not a troll post, but I was wondering...if inflation is being caused by the rising cost of energy then how is raising IRs going to stop it? Surely it's going to make no difference.

:unsure:

When it hits seven, FTB heaven.

If it reaches eight, an exit is too late

Up to nine, looking fine

All the way to ten, thanks to Ben.

Go on, be witty with eleven :lol: Bet you can't - heaven already done btw

if inflation is being caused by the rising cost of energy then how is raising IRs going to stop it?

The rising cost of energy is the end result of a decade of cheap credit. Raising IRs globally will push us into a recession which will cut the cost as people stop buying Chinese tat. Raising IRs locally will cut costs by increasing the value of the pound.

Low interest rates are the _cause_ of the commodity bubble: you don't fix a problem by not eliminating the cause.

Guest Alright Jack

Apologies this is not a troll post, but I was wondering...if inflation is being caused by the rising cost of energy then how is raising IRs going to stop it? Surely it's going to make no difference.

:unsure:

This is where the farce that is central banking really shows its absurdity. The true meaning of inflation to a central banker is 'lowering currency demand' (which, to joe public and the majority of economists, who ought to know better, means higher prices). Raising interests will improve demand for the currency and thus, as if by magic, prices come down.

The cool thing about redefining inflation (which is increased money and credit supply) to 'rising prices' is that the cause is lost on the public and government can go about shifting blame or cause onto something else. That something else is usually oil.

It's a pretty transparent trick. The trick is that people are inclined to believe what the government tells them. If you want to prosper in the coming decades then

DO EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT GOVERNMENT WANTS YOU TO DO.

For instance, they keep wheeling Alan Sugar out to get the public buying government bonds (debt). I cannot of a worse investment. An instrument that will pay back in ever depreciating currency. It's such a scam.

Guest mattsta1964

At thirteen STR's start to preen :)

If it gets to thirteen

I'll eat my spleen

At fourteen, you've to sell your spleen.

Awwww!

You beat me with the spleen rhyme! :blink:

Children,

This thread is a great example of a bubble!!!

Its just keeps on inflating, until finally it.....

BURSTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:blink::blink:

Wheres my big text?

Edited by Come On Down

You obviously didnt study XML or HTML in school then...wheres your closing bracket?

BURSTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1,2 so low economy in the poo

3,4 people borrow loads more

5,6 borrowers getting in a fix

7,8 becoming a savers mate

9,10 never spend again

Edited by delboypass