House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dog

Great British Water

UK Industrial output in surprise dip

The cause of this dip has been identified!

Water output was also lowered because of the hosepipe ban in south east England.

Our once great industry has been reduced to making water and we can't even get that right.

I also noticed that the other item related to the repairs on the gas pipline from Europe to Britain. Perhaps someone can put me right but I don't see how imported gas can qualify as industrial output.

Rigged like the CPI - to mask the destruction of UK industry so that the BOE can carry on their stupid money printing policies to help Gordon into No. 10.

I also noticed that the other item related to the repairs on the gas pipline from Europe to Britain. Perhaps someone can put me right but I don't see how imported gas can qualify as industrial output.

The two week shutdown of the Bacton Interconnector wasn't for repairs but to set it up for reverse flow - it is currently exporting gas to Europe.

The two week shutdown of the Bacton Interconnector wasn't for repairs but to set it up for reverse flow - it is currently exporting gas to Europe.

Thanks. Are we saying that this shutdown represents the end of British gas exports (and was it our gas they were exporting)?

Right, I did a bit more research.

The Bacton Interconnector sends gas back and forwards at different times. Last I heard it was exporting gas.

The recent work was to upgrade its capacity (more compression at the ends).

At the same time a new Interconnector is being laid, also to Bacton.

The Langeled pipeline from Norway, which will connect us to the Ormen Lange field is also under construction. It will be able to supply 25% of UK demand alone.

LNG capacity is also being expanded, allowing import of gas from Qatar, Nigeria etc.

Gas prices are expected to fall once all this is in place.

The Langeled pipeline from Norway, which will connect us to the Ormen Lange field is also under construction. It will be able to supply 25% of UK demand alone.

LNG capacity is also being expanded, allowing import of gas from Qatar, Nigeria etc.

Gas prices are expected to fall once all this is in place.

I read recently that Norway are going into LNG big time with their "Snoevitte" (Snowhite) Plant in the Arctic - some authorities believe their could be a lot of gas or oil below the Arctic Ocean - too expense to extract at the moment but will sooner or later become viable.

Anyone fancy learning Norwegian for a better life and opportunities? :ph34r:

Wow, I just reread the article and found no mention of at what level Britain's industrial output currently is. No absolute values, no context, no graphs, just some rambling about it being higher than x and lower than y because of odd factor z. :blink:

Has journalism really gone down the tube or do I have to go out and get myself a copy of 1984?