House Price Crash Forum

Local Councils Say Tax Must Skyrocket To Pay For Immigrants

HOLA441

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/08082006/140/immi...ouncil-tax.html

Immigration May Hit Council Tax

Sky News Tuesday August 8, 07:11 AM
People could face council tax rises of 6% on top of inflation-related increases to pay for the cost of immigration to Britain. The Local Government Association believes official figures grossly underestimate the level of immigration to the UK, meaning funding to local authorities to pay for migration is inadequate. In order to maintain services in local authorities, large increases in council tax could be seen over the next few years, the association warns.

Without further unrestricted immigration it is difficult to see how Gordon can keep the Miracle Economy going as he must keep wages low and demand for housing high. Inflation is already on the rise and if wages were to ignite it is easy to see how the economy would unwravel much faster. If house prices crash Gordon'e entire legacy goes with it as consumer spending is dependent upon borrowing against equity in houses. If the borrow and spend culture slows down the current trend in unemployment will pick up and hurtle us toward recession faster that the US economy.

The downside for mass immigration is that the voters may turn away from NuLabour to the more fringe parties such as the BNP and Monster Loonies.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Err no, the real downside is that the voters end up redundant with little chance of a well paid job again and strolling off to the bankruptcy courts because they do not have a hope in hell of covering their costs.

Politically it would be terminal for Nulab though.

HOLA443
HOLA444
6% on top of inflation-related increases to pay

When it comes to calculating Council Tax rises, they choose their own version of inflation. When it comes to calculating pensions, you can bet they will find a smaller definition of inflation.

HOLA445

On Radio 4 just now, this story just got strongly denied by a local official. His mai nviews were that the E. Euro Immigrants were young & fit & employed, so not a burden on the state.

He did not refer to any stats on the subject & IMO, it sounded like a damage limitation speech. I think he was a loacal council official

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship

HOLA446

Just boot them out...this country can hardly look after its own under class without inviting other countries to come and live off the tax payer..

Yes some EU immigrants may be fit and able to work..it doesnt say that their families are, or that they wont do black market work or that the council still wouldnt have to house them, their families abd pay them benefits such as a pension, national health service, schooling, policing etc...think about it!!!

HOLA447

NuLabour recognise the housing crisis in the UK and pledge to release more land to build more houses. If they allow 100's of thousands of immigrants in surely we will have to provide housing for them also?

Unrestricted immigration may be driven by NuLabour's obsession with "political correctness" with no one daring to say anything lest they be branded as a neo-Nazi or another Enoch Sebastian Powell (GRHS).

HOLA448

Unrestricted immigration may be driven by NuLabour's obsession with "political correctness" with no one daring to say anything lest they be branded as a neo-Nazi or another Enoch Sebastian Powell (GRHS).

There's no "may" about it. The PC brigade have done a superb job of cowing the majority into silence you have to concede that.

I wonder where their techniques were honed? :rolleyes:

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
Guest wrongmove

The problem with mass immigration is that it brings public services to their knees and results in the exacerbation of the division of society along racial lines

I saw a program once where the presenters went to a few hospitals to find evidence of immigrant patients swamping the Health Service. They couldn't find any ethnic patients. Lots of ethnic doctors and nurses though.......

HOLA4412

Just boot them out...this country can hardly look after its own under class without inviting other countries to come and live off the tax payer..

Yes some EU immigrants may be fit and able to work..it doesnt say that their families are, or that they wont do black market work or that the council still wouldnt have to house them, their families abd pay them benefits such as a pension, national health service, schooling, policing etc...think about it!!!

you know sometimes you sound reasonable but not today. everybody has to pay the counsil tax brits and immigrans. so logic is broken.

HOLA4413

NuLabour recognise the housing crisis in the UK and pledge to release more land to build more houses. If they allow 100's of thousands of immigrants in surely we will have to provide housing for them also?

I think Labour have finally realised that they can no longer put a positive spin on the destruction of English society by mass 3rd world immigration and will soon be aping Enoch's lines.

HOLA4414

WRONGMOVE.......

I saw a program once where the presenters went to a few hospitals to find evidence of immigrant patients swamping the Health Service. They couldn't find any ethnic patients. Lots of ethnic doctors and nurses though.......

You must live in some sheltered , pleasant , quiet town , far from the real world , our local hospital Northwick park is packed with them and there families it's all you see , if i showed you a ward or say the A&E department at anytime , you would almost certainly something like " I didn't realise it was this bad " we live in Harrow a OUTER suburb of London , it's finished round here , the schools , hospitals it's just shite , many have left the area and many including us are leaving to , we have become refugees in our own country , i'm no racist but it's a question of balance and it's all wrong .

HOLA4415

everybody has to pay the counsil tax brits and immigrans. so logic is broken.

except that

1) even if they ought to, not all do

2) of those that do pay, not all pay enough to cover the services they consume e.g. the low paid, those with many children, those that live 6 to a room

bring back the poll tax!

HOLA4416

Oh get off your little box.

I'm an immigrant from the EU, and during the five years I have lived here I have paid almost 100k taxes and I have only been to see my GP a handful of times. I have never lived in council accomodation and I have never received any benefits (anywhere). Oh, and I pay for my own pension, thank you very much.

bring back the poll tax!

I agree, I never understood why the council tax was introduced in the first place. The council tax is grossly unfair to singles and dinkys

HOLA4417
Guest wrongmove

WRONGMOVE.......

You must live in some sheltered , pleasant , quiet town , far from the real world , our local hospital Northwick park is packed with them and there families it's all you see , if i showed you a ward or say the A&E department at anytime , you would almost certainly something like " I didn't realise it was this bad " we live in Harrow a OUTER suburb of London , it's finished round here , the schools , hospitals it's just shite , many have left the area and many including us are leaving to , we have become refugees in our own country , i'm no racist but it's a question of balance and it's all wrong .

GREY SHARK, it was in a program I saw ! I live near the centre of a Midlands city, so save the polemic for someone else. It is very mixed race - black, eastern european, asians and chinese. I like it. The worst (and cheapest) parts of my city are the estates away from the centre - mainly white, but very deprived and riddled with hard drugs and teenage mothers. Sure there are criminal ethnics in the inner city where I live, but most are decent people trying to make the best of it.

HOLA4418

Personally, I think the UK should aim in the long term to have a population of 100 million as opposed to the current 60 million. Only, with that size of population can it compete effectively, with Japan and Germany. If the UK is the most populous member state of the EU then is should be the most powerful and influential. That's a vision for you. How can it cope with this many extra people? A completely new 21st century city needs to be built in a little used part of the Uk which has a population to rival London.

HOLA4419

you know sometimes you sound reasonable but not today. everybody has to pay the counsil tax brits and immigrans. so logic is broken.

But obviously we would have to pay more in council tax - and i dont take arguments from people that cant spell.

Obviously they will also claim benefit tax IF you already pay council tax and have a low paid income.

Hence pay less towards their upkeep than i will be paying...

Oh get off your little box.

I'm an immigrant from the EU, and during the five years I have lived here I have paid almost 100k taxes and I have only been to see my GP a handful of times. I have never lived in council accomodation and I have never received any benefits (anywhere). Oh, and I pay for my own pension, thank you very much.

I agree, I never understood why the council tax was introduced in the first place. The council tax is grossly unfair to singles and dinkys

Thats great..then why dont you go develop your own country and once its fully developed we will come and work over there???

Its a bit unfair for the UK to work hard to develop itself and then to be ruined by letting hundredds of thousands of additional people unexpected to it...

Think of it like a football stadium..it only has a limited capacity...any more and we have all seen the consequences...

things need to be planned to allow hundreds of thousands of additional people in..

UK only has 60 million people...are you able to work out the ration if an additional 500,000 people are let in...

Think about it...surprised with your logic if you are able to earn that much!!

HOLA4420

GREY SHARK, it was in a program I saw ! I live near the centre of a Midlands city, so save the polemic for someone else. It is very mixed race - black, eastern european, asians and chinese. I like it. The worst (and cheapest) parts of my city are the estates away from the centre - mainly white, but very deprived and riddled with hard drugs and teenage mothers. Sure there are criminal ethnics in the inner city where I live, but most are decent people trying to make the best of it.

WRONGMOVE , wasn't being polemic at all , just try not to give the impression that you believe what you see on the tv , i'm glad you like it where you are , but you may change your mind in a few years as you see your country and culture being eroded away .

HOLA4421

it depends where they went, i could go to an all white hospital and say "well cant seen any".

Edited by crash2006

HOLA4422

Personally, I think the UK should aim in the long term to have a population of 100 million as opposed to the current 60 million. Only, with that size of population can it compete effectively, with Japan and Germany. If the UK is the most populous member state of the EU then is should be the most powerful and influential. That's a vision for you. How can it cope with this many extra people? A completely new 21st century city needs to be built in a little used part of the Uk which has a population to rival London.

Are you off your rocker?

1) The NHS is in such a state that beds are being closed all over the country and wards closed - this whilst demand for services will do nothng but increase.

2) The road system around nearly every major city is pretty much at choke point already.

3) Ditto a lot of the public transport system that actually does go somehwre that is useful to people.

4) Our ability to scale up services/trasnport is pathetic, the cost is always prohibitive. Just think of the scale of the actual improvements of the entire trasnport network over the last decade, should take you all of 3 seconds.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Anyone who thinks the UK should have a population 100 million needs there head checking. Britain is only a small place and further growth would mean building on rural land which in turn would reduce our ability to grow our own food.

In 15 years the reality is that the UK will have to start growing more of its own food as the costs of importing food will soar as a result of oil prices. We need that rural land.

NHS & Schools would not cope and taxes would soar.

Can you imagine our roads with 100 million people flying around.

40 Million imported people...you might as well of been over thrown by eastern europe.....what about the rights of British people.

HOLA4425

Anyone who thinks the UK should have a population 100 million needs there head checking. Britain is only a small place and further growth would mean building on rural land which in turn would reduce our ability to grow our own food.

In 15 years the reality is that the UK will have to start growing more of its own food as the costs of importing food will soar as a result of oil prices. We need that rural land.

NHS & Schools would not cope and taxes would soar.

Can you imagine our roads with 100 million people flying around.

40 Million imported people...you might as well of been over thrown by eastern europe.....what about the rights of British people.

DUBSIE , you are of course correct , but ONLY ME may well be fishing , but if it were to happen that a 100 million would live here in 15 years then .....

In 15 years there be no space left to grow any food .

NHS and schools can't cope now .

100 million people would not be " flying around " they would be stuck still as there would be no space to move .

As for the rights of the british people , errr they havn't existed for a while now .