House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
apom

Could It Be Because The Bulk Of Contributors Are Whining Daily Mail-reading Failures Who Can't Afford To Buy Their Own Home? Just A Thought.

There is one thing that separates us bears from the bulls.

It is not that we can't get finance to get a house.

Anyone can, any fool can find a lender who (by fair means or foul) will lend them enough money to buy a property.

All of us know of people worse of then ourselves who have managed to borrow enough to buy.

We have not done so ourselves for reasons of sense not inability.

Any bull reading this must know this.

They wil lend anyone money, any fool money enough to buy....

We can borrow money enough, we are not fool enough.

and Bear, if you don't understand the logic in what I say I am not surprised..

For it is not the only very obvious point that you have missed in this market.

Unfortunately if you had been a fool three or four years ago and borrowed by means foul or otherwise.

You would have most likely made yourself 200k in equity simply by buying and selling twice.

Unfortunately if you had been a fool three or four years ago and borrowed by means foul or otherwise.

You would have most likely made yourself 200k in equity simply by buying and selling twice.

Uhm no...

No property in my reach (financially) has gone up that far..

and trust money in your pocket not debt in the bank

You would be only taking money off your own class and that is of the lowest order.

You would be only taking money off your own class and that is of the lowest order.

True investors have left.

Only the last of the bulls remain

In a greater fool market try not to be the last of the fools.

Minus stamp duty and moving costs of course... :ph34r:

Not to mention having to call the market peak correctly and sell up again to realise that 200K gain. Care to say when that peak is, was or will be?

Guest grumpy-old-man

Minus stamp duty and moving costs of course... :ph34r:

Not to mention having to call the market peak correctly and sell up again to realise that 200K gain. Care to say when that peak is, was or will be?

I would imagine different sized properties, in different areas had different peaks. My area for 4 bed detached new builds I reckon was Q3 2004.

also, Faloos, you stated "You would be only taking money off your own class and that is of the lowest order" this is a very true & very commendable thing to say BUT out of every 10 people I meet in the UK, 8 of them are idiots/chavs/greedy etc etc, so I have now changed my opinion on the "average" person in the UK. Sorry to generalise, but that's just how I feel now.

I have gone out of my way to help people in the past (without going into details), some financial some physical help, & most of them didn't deserve the help they got with hindsight.

Edited by grumpy-old-man

I would imagine different sized properties, in different areas had different peaks. My area for 4 bed detached new builds I reckon was Q3 2004.

also, Faloos, you stated "You would be only taking money off your own class and that is of the lowest order" this is a very true & very commendable thing to say BUT out of every 10 people I meet in the UK, 8 of them are idiots/chavs/greedy etc etc, so I have now changed my opinion on the "average" person in the UK. Sorry to generalise, but that's just how I feel now.

I have gone out of my way to help people in the past (without going into details), some financial some physical help, & most of them didn't deserve the help they got with hindsight.

True- I think we are from a different generation the one that cares.

Guest grumpy-old-man

the morron class.. :)

what do you mean by that statement ?

is this the new class of people you mean ? the morron class

Forgetting the financial ins and outs for now, I may be an idealist, but everyone should be entitled to own their own little space in a modern developed country like ours. IMO, theres something incredibly morally wrong with people making enormous profits off what are HOMES

To BTLs, its nothing more than figures on a page, and kick the tenant out if you can get more in rent. We're all entitled to live in our own place without the annual threat of having to move on if you can't/aren't willing to borrow 5 TIMES your salary to get a pokey flat

Its obvious we can't trust peoples sense of decency in this modern ME ME ME, grab everything society, so make people responsible for the council tax on all their properties, local authorities ensuring rents are reasonable and this additional cost is not passed onto the tenant

Then tax them to absolute b*ggery on every property bought over the first

Nick - a renting white collar

Edited by Nick..

Forgetting the financial ins and outs for now, I may be an idealist, but everyone should be entitled to own their own little space in a modern developed country like ours. IMO, theres something incredibly morally wrong with people making enormous properties off what are HOMES

To BTLs, its nothing more than figures on a page, and kick the tenant out if you can get more in rent. We're all entitled to live in our own place without the annual threat of having to move on if you can't/aren't willing to borrow 5 TIMES your salary to get a pokey flat

Its obvious we can't trust peoples sense of decency in this modern ME ME ME, grab everything society, so make people responsible for the council tax on all their properties, local authorities ensuring rents are reasonable and this additional cost is not passed onto the tenant

Good post - but will we have a government with the will to do this?

Guest grumpy-old-man

Forgetting the financial ins and outs for now, I may be an idealist, but everyone should be entitled to own their own little space in a modern developed country like ours. IMO, theres something incredibly morally wrong with people making enormous properties off what are HOMES

absolutlely spot-on :)

you have summed me up nicely, even the name & social position ;)

I assume your a mod or a white-hat ?

Edited by grumpy-old-man

To blame the Me Me Me culture on Thatcher is quite misguided. She simply happened to be in charge of the country when Capitalism truly took off.

Guest Shedfish

To blame the Me Me Me culture on Thatcher is quite misguided. She simply happened to be in charge of the country when Capitalism truly took off.

although to be fair she did help things along a little, with comments such as 'there is no such thing as society'