House Price Crash Forum
gruffydd

Polish Workers Needed Back Home

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/5245946.stm

extract:

Brain drain

Earlier this week, officials from the south western city of Wroclaw said they would travel to Britain to convince Polish migrants that more job opportunities exist in Wroclaw than when Poland entered the European Union.

The officials - who are worried about the brain drain seen in recent years - are planning on visiting the bars and pubs frequented by Poles in London to try to lure them back.

Edited by gruffydd

John Reid was on BBC News 24 this morning and you could tell from his voice and answers that he was too petrified to mention any numbers regarding immigrants to the UK.

Where I live, I've noticed lots of polish girls working in supermarkets, sandwich bars and cinema's etc. It just seems crazy. John Reid says the immigrants bring important skills to the UK, but from the Polish I've seen, they are just doing the jobs that School leavers without qualifications would normally fill.

I'm not a nationalist or anything, but its the sheer numbers that scares me, not the principle of it happening.

Add to this the fact that Bulgarian and Romanian populace will have open access to us shortly and there could be another influx into this Country.

AFP

The Bulgarians and Romanians are a whole different ball game. They will import crime, poverty and an army of beggars with them at a time when unemployment will be rising here at headline grabbing rates. There will be social unrest, you can guarentee that, if the middle class are muttering now, the working class will be fighting next year when they can't get a job because some Bulgarian will do it for £1 an hour. Who voted for this? No one, we are controlled by corporations and their political lapdogs who posture in the house of commons every week.

mass immigration doesn't affect the elite in any negative way....They live in areas where immigrants cant afford to and they do jobs immigrants will never take......In fact the elite benefit in that they have access to more cheap childminders and restaurant workers and gardeners....There is evidence that lower paid English people suffer from immigration.......

primarily through increased competition for housing and jobs.....

I have met Lithuanians and Poles who've had to leave London because they're competing with illegals from Russia and the third world who work for £2 an hour even in the West End!

Edited by Michael

mass immigration doesn't affect the elite in any negative way....They live in areas where immigrants cant afford to and they do jobs immigrants will never take......In fact the elite benefit in that they have access to more cheap childminders and restaurant workers and gardeners....There is evidence that lower paid English people suffer from immigration.......

primarily through increased competition for housing and jobs.....

I have met Lithuanians and Poles who've had to leave London because they're competing with illegals from Russia and the third world who work for £2 an hour even in the West End!

Thats why we should send them home . They are eroding the wage structure here. We have taken all thenurses from Africa, Philipines etc and these places can ill afford to train new staff, wellactually we have paid for the training for some with our foreign aid. Send them home and if you have to wait another5 mins for a hamburger in london or if the toff wife has to look after little johny then so what.

They have there own country to build .

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/5245946.stm

extract:

Brain drain

Earlier this week, officials from the south western city of Wroclaw said they would travel to Britain to convince Polish migrants that more job opportunities exist in Wroclaw than when Poland entered the European Union.

The officials - who are worried about the brain drain seen in recent years - are planning on visiting the bars and pubs frequented by Poles in London to try to lure them back.

they should come to Bristol, we have a huge Polish community here!

i'm not too bothered, except they don't seem to be a particularly friendly bunch(what i've experienced anyway)

John Reid was on BBC News 24 this morning and you could tell from his voice and answers that he was too petrified to mention any numbers regarding immigrants to the UK.

Where I live, I've noticed lots of polish girls working in supermarkets, sandwich bars and cinema's etc. It just seems crazy. John Reid says the immigrants bring important skills to the UK, but from the Polish I've seen, they are just doing the jobs that School leavers without qualifications would normally fill.

I'm not a nationalist or anything, but its the sheer numbers that scares me, not the principle of it happening.

Add to this the fact that Bulgarian and Romanian populace will have open access to us shortly and there could be another influx into this Country.

AFP

The problem as I see it as the majority of immigrants are not used to democrcy and need time to adjust . They are not used to seeing wealth in abundance that is in some parts of this country. I saw a business advert in Sainsburys board in East Grinstead W Susex " Polish plumber" this is all well and good when we have low unemployment but I see trouble ahead as these people will work for 3 pounds an hour!!

For all the alleged Polish plumbers "flooding the country" according to the Daily Mail etc. I still can't seem to get a plumber when I need one. Perhaps it's time we had a bigger pool of plumbers...

I feel the Daily Mail is much maligned. I read it for Jonathan Cainer, but to me it seems no different to the Sun, the Mirror, or the Star, except the women in it are all fat and middle-aged.

Politically, you're an idiot if you think any political party is different from another. They all believe in being in charge of other people - and that sums them all up.

Sadly very true. Non of them have the balls to really discuss this issue for fear of being banded rascist, yet this will actualy lead to more rascism. What a complete mess this country is soon to be in. We need to get out of the EU NOW!

Sadly very true. Non of them have the balls to really discuss this issue for fear of being banded rascist, yet this will actualy lead to more rascism. What a complete mess this country is soon to be in. We need to get out of the EU NOW!

What a delight to read this!! We need to waken up in this country before the fabric is destroyed. For years now we have greedy people only caring about how much their house is gone up in value when the government has been up to these bad deeds like signing away our rights. I dont know about you but I did not vote for increased immigration, political correctness , I have always been brought up by calling a spade a spade .

I had a great Polish plumber friend called Lucian - a property developer in his own right, and a sparkling, drink-sozzled genius - who came with a couple of his guys one day and fixed my broken power shower, the leaky tap in the kitchen, and lagged the outside tap. When I asked him how much, he chewed on his pencil and then pronounced "£12, but for you ten!".

God bless you Lucian mate, wherever you are.

Ah, bless. He probably thought he was overcharging you too. I think we need some fresh blood in the gene pool. If only all workers had the same attitude. My worry is not with migrants that want to work, it's with whole towns and neighbourhoods being turned into virtual sharia no-go zones. Bring on the Poles, Lithuanians, Estonians and any other similar groups.

Ah, bless. He probably thought he was overcharging you too. I think we need some fresh blood in the gene pool. If only all workers had the same attitude. My worry is not with migrants that want to work, it's with whole towns and neighbourhoods being turned into virtual sharia no-go zones. Bring on the Poles, Lithuanians, Estonians and any other similar groups.

As long as you are happy with the gangsters they bring with them too. Lets not get romantic about these people.

As long as you are happy with the gangsters they bring with them too. Lets not get romantic about these people.

At least they have real gangsters, not like those 12 year old kids that hang around town centres with their caps pulled low and their trousers tucked into their socks. We can't even produce proper criminals in this country any more... :ph34r: