House Price Crash Forum
numpty

Dm - Pensioner Ran Up £180k Debts

THe daily mail is carrying an article today on page 41.

A pensioner owes £176,210.32 he admitted he had exaggerated his income in order to obtain credit he then...wait for it....blamed unscrupulous lending by the credit card companies "they have made it too easy for me to get into debt by constantly increasing my credit limits on the cards without my asking"

He is a retired teacher

He defends his position on the grounds that the NHS failed him.

Comments please, if anyone can add the link it would be appreciated

THe daily mail is carrying an article today on page 41.

A pensioner owes £176,210.32 he admitted he had exaggerated his income in order to obtain credit he then...wait for it....blamed unscrupulous lending by the credit card companies "they have made it too easy for me to get into debt by constantly increasing my credit limits on the cards without my asking"

He is a retired teacher

He defends his position on the grounds that the NHS failed him.

Comments please, if anyone can add the link it would be appreciated

A selfish ******* I hope he dies very soon!

For those who don't know about it this site is interesting -- 'fraid you have to register to see threads like these:

http://www.debthelpuk.co.uk/forum/index.htm

===========================

I'm still in startled rabbit mode, and worried sick. On monday night i found myself looking at suicide sites. Every night i wake up and i can't get back to sleep because of the worry. I have just gone back on to happy pills to try and make myself feel better. I have not worked now for 3 months and have not been able to pay a lot of my bills because of this, and i'm 2 months behind on my mortgage. I thought that i had got through all of this stress, but, i havent. I'm dying inside and finding it really difficult to cope. I had a CCJ land nearly two weeks ago from Lloyds for 30K and i can't even motivate myself to fill it in and send it off. I know that they are probably looking for a charge.

I don't really know why i'm writing all of this, because you guys can only be of so much help. The motivation comes from within me, unfortunately i can't find any. I feel so sorry for my wife who is being really supportive, but she is in the same mess herself. She doesnt know about the missed mortgage payments, if she did, i don't know how she'd cope. I feel that i'm going to lose everything.

-------------------------------------------

Where to begin, Cutting a long stort short, My OH has unsecured debt of £50k spread over 6 creditors. We have a morgage etc and are not in arrears with any of the priorty stuff, I am disabled and my home has been adapted to my needs, we have two dependant children.

OH realised that he was not able to make creditor payments and after long talks with debtline he has been advised to go on a DMP through the cccs, my OH is partly disabled himself and on a very low wage.

We cannot remorgage and losing or selling our home is really not an option, as I have stated I have severe disabilty and my home is adapted to cover my living needs.

---------------------------------------------

any advice would help..

mortgage 510 a month,month behind

unsecured loan 300 a month, month behind

secured loan 120 a month up to date

5 cc 22,000, 600 a month, month behind on all(clawring charges back slowly)

100 child care (not csa)

plus usuall bills.

divorced home owner, self-employed earning not enough.

Getting constant daily abuse from the robots by phone and threats by post.

This is not a dating ad !! help please

For those who don't know about it this site is interesting -- 'fraid you have to register to see threads like these:

http://www.debthelpuk.co.uk/forum/index.htm

===========================

I'm still in startled rabbit mode, and worried sick. On monday night i found myself looking at suicide sites. Every night i wake up and i can't get back to sleep because of the worry. I have just gone back on to happy pills to try and make myself feel better. I have not worked now for 3 months and have not been able to pay a lot of my bills because of this, and i'm 2 months behind on my mortgage. I thought that i had got through all of this stress, but, i havent. I'm dying inside and finding it really difficult to cope. I had a CCJ land nearly two weeks ago from Lloyds for 30K and i can't even motivate myself to fill it in and send it off. I know that they are probably looking for a charge.

I don't really know why i'm writing all of this, because you guys can only be of so much help. The motivation comes from within me, unfortunately i can't find any. I feel so sorry for my wife who is being really supportive, but she is in the same mess herself. She doesnt know about the missed mortgage payments, if she did, i don't know how she'd cope. I feel that i'm going to lose everything.

-------------------------------------------

Where to begin, Cutting a long stort short, My OH has unsecured debt of £50k spread over 6 creditors. We have a morgage etc and are not in arrears with any of the priorty stuff, I am disabled and my home has been adapted to my needs, we have two dependant children.

OH realised that he was not able to make creditor payments and after long talks with debtline he has been advised to go on a DMP through the cccs, my OH is partly disabled himself and on a very low wage.

We cannot remorgage and losing or selling our home is really not an option, as I have stated I have severe disabilty and my home is adapted to cover my living needs.

---------------------------------------------

any advice would help..

mortgage 510 a month,month behind

unsecured loan 300 a month, month behind

secured loan 120 a month up to date

5 cc 22,000, 600 a month, month behind on all(clawring charges back slowly)

100 child care (not csa)

plus usuall bills.

divorced home owner, self-employed earning not enough.

Getting constant daily abuse from the robots by phone and threats by post.

This is not a dating ad !! help please

Boo Hoo...like to know what the disability is before showing sympathy..you must remember in the UK obesity, alcoholism and depression are all listed as disabilities..whatever!!!

So why doesnt the OH go bankrupt. they wouldnt lose the house as the creditors can only take his equity out of the house and since they are disabled, they wouldnt lose the house anyway...

expect they are getting generous helpings of credits from the government as well..

lets all blame someone else..!! Cant pay it, dont take the credit then...easy as rather than like sayara begg rolling out this big sob story.

These feckers have pushed up house prices so normal people like me who believe in savings are ousted.

Boo Hoo...like to know what the disability is before showing sympathy..you must remember in the UK obesity, alcoholism and depression are all listed as disabilities..whatever!!!

So why doesnt the OH go bankrupt. they wouldnt lose the house as the creditors can only take his equity out of the house and since they are disabled, they wouldnt lose the house anyway...

expect they are getting generous helpings of credits from the government as well..

lets all blame someone else..!! Cant pay it, dont take the credit then...easy as rather than like sayara begg rolling out this big sob story.

These feckers have pushed up house prices so normal people like me who believe in savings are ousted.

A little harsh, I think.

There are going to be a lot of poor buggers caught up in a lot of easily found debt. If you feel you've been left out of the bonanza, then I can understand it - your deep hurt and anger.

But why not replace your vitriol with a serene sense of smug self-satisfaction, like what I've got.

As you say they can't take the house because it's unsecured borrowing.

Personally I don't blame people like this for high house prices,

I blame the system, a debt-based money system.

CC companies wouldn't lend people money which they couldn't

afford to repay unless they were lending credit created out of thin air.