House Price Crash Forum

Uk Sinking Fast

HOLA441

No matter how much of an optimist you are, things are not looking very good the the average Brit.

House prices are still rising faster than wages and unless you can hand your kids a load of cash they will probably never be able to buy a house here.

The level of immigration is now larger than the number of jobs being created each year, the result is rising unemployment & the falling wages for the lowest paid.

The wage gap keeps growing leaving those at the bottom in poverty.

Rising cost of living due to fuel, water, housing and Council levies.

Can anyone think of somewhere better to live

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

Rockall.jpg

Paradise and it belongs to us Irish. So hands off you thieving barstewards were building a lovely development on that prime piece of real estate to be called Rockall Heights/Atlantic Heights. :angry: The commutes a bitch to be fair. :unsure:

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

No matter how much of an optimist you are, things are not looking very good the the average Brit.

House prices are still rising faster than wages and unless you can hand your kids a load of cash they will probably never be able to buy a house here.

The level of immigration is now larger than the number of jobs being created each year, the result is rising unemployment & the falling wages for the lowest paid.

The wage gap keeps growing leaving those at the bottom in poverty.

Rising cost of living due to fuel, water, housing and Council levies.

Can anyone think of somewhere better to live

Nope, there is nowhere better to live.

That's why we stay here and others are rushing to join us.

HTH

HOLA447

No the UK is going uphill fast. Perma bears are screaming recession yet GDP is above target, while unemployment has been creeping up it's not really that bad (if it were you wouldn't have so many immigrants coming here) and as for Hawaii being a great place...it's one of the most expensive places to live on the planet you goon!

:lol:

While emmigration is always on the cards, the economy as a reason is simply the usual tripe spouted by the perma bears who simply can not cope with the fact they have missed out and are refusing to adjust to their situation. UK is still OK IMO

HOLA448

Nope, there is nowhere better to live.

That's why we stay here and others are rushing to join us.

HTH

Yes All the scum around the world want to join us, chineese , croatian mafia and the like , just the people we need to help our so called miracle economy.

HOLA449

No the UK is going uphill fast. Perma bears are screaming recession yet GDP is above target, while unemployment has been creeping up it's not really that bad (if it were you wouldn't have so many immigrants coming here) and as for Hawaii being a great place...it's one of the most expensive places to live on the planet you goon!

While emmigration is always on the cards, the economy as a reason is simply the usual tripe spouted by the perma bears who simply can not cope with the fact they have missed out and are refusing to adjust to their situation. UK is still OK IMO

I agree with the uphill part but I would say we are on ice skates

ed: heh it's funny, isn't immigration the usual tripe we hear spouted from bulls as the saviour? Yet there are quite a few holes in the whole emmigration debate.

Edited by sllabres

HOLA4410

Paradise and it belongs to us Irish. So hands off you thieving barstewards were building a lovely development on that prime piece of real estate to be called Rockall Heights/Atlantic Heights. [Duplex]

Rockall is part of the UK. However, ownership is irrelevant in determining resource rights since the rock is uninhabitable as defined by the UN Convention on the Law of the Sea to which the UK has acceded. The UK and the Republic of Ireland have agreed a delineation of continental shelf rights. There are unresolved claims from Iceland and from Denmark acting on behalf of the Faroe Islands for extended continental shelf rights covering part of the Hatton-Rockall area, but neither claim Rockall itself.

'Rockall'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockall

The island itself is an uninhabitable rock without an exclusive economic zone (EEZ) of its own. This is no longer disputed but the UK claimed before 1997 that the island should be taken into account for the purposes of delineating the boundaries of economic zones in the area. The current dispute revolves around continental shelf rights in the area. These are the exclusive rights to exploit any resources on or under the ocean floor (oil, natural gas, etc.) and should not be confused with the EEZ, as continental shelf rights do not carry any privileges with regard to fisheries.

[...snip...]

The United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea, states "Rocks which cannot sustain human habitation or economic life of their own shall have no exclusive economic zone or continental shelf." The Republic of Ireland, Denmark, and Iceland all acceded to the convention. The United Kingdom acceded to the convention on 25 July 1997. The United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland have agreed to a delineation which ignores Rockall's existence and have granted exploration rights.

[...snip...]

In 1997 the UK ratified the 1982 United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea. In doing so the United Kingdom relinquished its right to claim an exclusive economic zone (EEZ) of 200 nautical miles (370?km) extending from the rock, as the agreement states that "Rocks which cannot sustain human habitation or economic life of their own shall have no exclusive economic zone or continental shelf". However, as Rockall lies within 200 nautical miles (370?km) of St Kilda and North Uist, the island itself remains within the EEZ of the United Kingdom and as such, under international law the UK can claim "..the sovereignty of the coastal state in relation to the exploitation, conservation and management of natural and living resources fishery and mineral resources" of the rock. Furthermore, the United Kingdom and Ireland have signed a boundary agreement which includes Rockall in the United Kingdom area.

[...snip...]

On 18 September 1955 at precisely 10.16 am, in what would be the last territorial expansion of the British Empire, the island was officially annexed by Britain when First Lieutenant Commander Desmond Scott RN, Sergeant Brian Peel RM, Corporal A. A. Fraser RM, and James Fisher (a civilian naturalist and former Royal Marine), were deposited on the island by a Royal Navy helicopter from HMS Vidal (coincidentally named after the man who first charted the island). The team cemented in a brass plaque on Hall's Ledge and hoisted the Union Flag to stake the British claim.

[...snip...]

The formal annexation of Rockall was announced by the Admiralty on 21 September 1955.

[...snip...]

On 10 February 1972 the Isle of Rockall Act received Royal Assent to make the island part of Inverness-shire, fully incorporating it into the United Kingdom. A navigational beacon was later installed on the island and Britain declared that no ship would be allowed within a 50-mile radius of the rock.

Former SAS member and survival expert Tom McLean lived on the island from 26 May 1985 to 4 July 1985 to affirm Britain's claim to the island.

But 'Who are the kings of Rockall?':

http://www.therockalltimes.co.uk/2005/06/2...ll-triumph.html

HOLA4411

So if people have "missed out", does that mean anyone who has not bought a house now, including the younger generation, will NEVER buy a house?

HOLA4412

So if people have "missed out", does that mean anyone who has not bought a house now, including the younger generation, will NEVER buy a house?

He didn't say 'people' have missed out, he said perma-bears. Implying people who spend their whole life thinking prices are too high and are bound to crash. If they don't crash then, yes, these people will have 'missed out'. I'm not saying I agree, just trying to be accurate... :)

HOLA4413

It is surprising how many people are ready to blame the country, government, world economy etc. to justify their situation.

NO the UK is not sinking fast, it's rising slowly but steadily.

If YOU are sinking fast ( I feel sorry for you) don't expect all of us to feel miserable and start predicting apocalyptic pictures.

The UK is still full of opportunities (but only for those who seek to find them).

The UK is far better than continental Europe. If you spend all day moaning don't expect someone to come and put money in your pockets.

Good luck!

HOLA4414

Rockall.jpg

Paradise and it belongs to us Irish. So hands off you thieving barstewards were building a lovely development on that prime piece of real estate to be called Rockall Heights/Atlantic Heights. :angry: The commutes a bitch to be fair. :unsure:

Any chance of purchasing an off plan as a future investment?

HOLA4415

Actualamente, Hawaii is much cheaper than the UK. How about a penthouse flat overlooking Honolulu for 206k pounds? About what you would pay for a one bed above a crack den in most of London?

http://www.coldwellbanker.com/servlet/Prop...p;page=property

Or, Waikiki for under 200k pounds. You'll see spectacular sunrise over Diamond Head and moonlit city lights every day from the lanai and living areas of your spacious split-level apartment. Convenient, stylish, well-managed & secured Ala Wai Plaza Skyrise is just minutes from downtown, UH, Waikiki Beach, Ala Moana shops and restaurants. Sparkling pool, BBQ area, & parking for your guest.

http://www.coldwellbanker.com/servlet/Prop...p;page=property

Just goes to show that values in the UK are awful and need to come back down to reality. 50% at least. :)

HOLA4416
It is surprising how many people are ready to blame the country, government, world economy etc. to justify their situation.

It is surprising how many bulls post utter twaddle to this site.

Britain has an economy based around consumer borrowing and house-building: it can barely sustain rates of 4.75% and an interest rate increase of 0.25% has had the media screaming. That ain't a 'strong economy' talking.

HOLA4417

It is surprising how many bulls post utter twaddle to this site.

Britain has an economy based around consumer borrowing and house-building: it can barely sustain rates of 4.75% and an interest rate increase of 0.25% has had the media screaming. That ain't a 'strong economy' talking.

Another expert on interest rates and economy.

Don't you ever get tired complaining?

I can tell you how strong the UK economy is:

1. I can earn 100+ K a year (and have another 100K in my saving account).

2. I can drive brand new Mercedes and change it every couple of years.

3. I can own flat in the city and house in the country.

4. I can travel anywhere in the world and it's relatively cheap.

5. I can buy the latest gadgets and they still seems quite cheap to me.

6. .......

You call that a fake economy ... well it seems pretty real to me.

My advice is get a life.

HOLA4418

6. .......

My advice is get a life.

1. I can tell you are a nob.

2. .......

HOLA4419

6. .......

My advice is get a life.

I think you may have missed the point. The point is Britain as a whole getting worse off and the answer is that it is going to get pretty grim. Your financial position is clearly better than average.

HOLA4420
Guest Alright Jack

6. .......

My advice is get a life.

You forgot to add 12" d!ck somewhere.

HOLA4421

1. I can tell you are a nob.

2. .......

Ohh come on ... you found your excuse again "He is a nob".

Well i will have to disappoint you i am not a nob.

My advice to you boys and girls is: less moaning, more work.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Ohh come on ... you found your excuse again "He is a nob".

Well i will have to disappoint you i am not a nob.

My advice to you boys and girls is: less moaning, more work.

I'm not sure what you feel I need an excuse for.

You give 1 example of someone(you) enjoying success in the current UK situation and say that this shows how strong the economy is. So if I can show you someone that has no money and lives in a cardboard box, does that mean I have a valid argument to say that the UK is suffering the great depression ever?... I think not.

The whole cultural ebodiment of 'I' is not a healthy one in the UK and the greed and self interest that comes from it are as much to blame for the current problems we are facing as anything the government might have done/not done.

HOLA4424

What this idiot fails to realise if what he is saying is true in his opinion, he obviously doesn't represent MIDDLE CLASS BRITAIN.

I don't recall Richard Branson complaining of house prices recently either! **** :rolleyes:

It's called MARKET ECONOMY or probably you want the government to guarantee you affordable housing?

Why don't you go and live in NORTH KOREA or CUBA i am sure they have affordable housing for everyone.

Next thing you want is secure job, benefits, pension and 2 hours 'siesta' break.

I think middle class Britain is doing pretty well.

It's just the losers and the moaner that are complaining all the time.

Or probably there is nothing wrong with the economy, probably it's just you and your mates.

HOLA4425

6. .......

My advice is get a life.

If you go to Zimbabwe or Baghdad there are still people like you. Not many, but they exist. Maybe everyone else there simply needs to get a life.