House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Chriso

Let Jump Forward A Couple Of Years.

I have to say, I was delighted at the news of a rate hike today, the pressure had been building and the cracks are slowly starting to show. :rolleyes:

However, this forum has had it's fair share of negativity from the bulls following todays news. Lets just say things pan out the way we want, prices become affordable, the bubble bursts and the recession hits.

We aren't going to be particularly popular people, regardless or not if we had any sway in the final collapse (should there be one). Don't be surprised if this place becomes a scapegoat for the coming economic problems, and becomes the victim of potential sabotage if things get really rough. :ph34r:

If people are losing jobs, homes, cars and a lifestyle they've become accustomed, I've no doubt many will single us out.

Still, at least by then, this place will have served its purpose to give the balanced view of the ones who choose to educate themselves rather than the media bullship.

Heres to the storm chaps!! :D

We aren't going to be particularly popular people, regardless or not if we had any sway in the final collapse (should there be one). Don't be surprised if this place becomes a scapegoat for the coming economic problems, and becomes the victim of potential sabotage if things get really rough. :ph34r:

If people are losing jobs, homes, cars and a lifestyle they've become accustomed, I've no doubt many will single us out.

Don't flatter yourself - I don't think that very many people know or care that this forum exists... :ph34r:

Don't flatter yourself - I don't think that very many people know or care that this forum exists... :ph34r:

And you come here because?............

Mr EA/Mortgage Broker! :huh:

And you come here because?............

Mr EA/Mortgage Broker! :huh:

I came here originally because I was moving a few months ago and was weighing up whether to rent or buy. As part of my research into the future trends of house prices and which areas were more or less affordable I came across HPC.co.uk. As it happens I reached the conclusion that although prices would probably stagnate or drop in many areas I would be better off in the long-term by buying, although I chose to live further from work and commute in order to be in an affordable area. I keep coming back (and now posting) because I enjoy the informed (and sometimes uninformed) debates on here. Its also the best site I've found for keeping abreast of the latest developments that relate to the property market. And its bloody addictive! :lol:

EA/Mortgage Broker??? I'm offended... :(

I came here originally because I was moving a few months ago and was weighing up whether to rent or buy. As part of my research into the future trends of house prices and which areas were more or less affordable I came across HPC.co.uk. As it happens I reached the conclusion that although prices would probably stagnate or drop in many areas I would be better off in the long-term by buying, although I chose to live further from work and commute in order to be in an affordable area. I keep coming back (and now posting) because I enjoy the informed (and sometimes uninformed) debates on here. Its also the best site I've found for keeping abreast of the latest developments that relate to the property market. And its bloody addictive! :lol:

EA/Mortgage Broker??? I'm offended... :(

You are very bullish and challenging in your posting. Just like someone who has a VI in keeping property prices high. That is all. Like an EA/Mortgage Broker.

You are very bullish and challenging in your posting. Just like someone who has a VI in keeping property prices high. That is all. Like an EA/Mortgage Broker.

IMHO I try to be fairly balanced (if you noticed I said that I thought prices would stagnate or drop in many areas - bullish?) and I only challenge what I see as simplistic or false ideas. I also try and back up my claims with economic arguments... unlike EAs or mortgage brokers!