House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iLegallyBlonde

What Next ?

I think just the fact that interest rates have risen at all when so many potential FTB or BTL's genuinely hadn't considered that they ever could will have an impact for the first few days but everyone will just tell them to fix their mortgage or we'll see record approvals next 1/4 when everyone moves to a fixed rate.

I am utterly delighted by todays news but what about next month will they rise again ???

I think just the fact that interest rates have risen at all when so many potential FTB or BTL's genuinely hadn't considered that they ever could will have an impact for the first few days but everyone will just tell them to fix their mortgage or we'll see record approvals next 1/4 when everyone moves to a fixed rate.

I am utterly delighted by todays news but what about next month will they rise again ???

I don't think so but perhaps another baby hike in November.

Far more interesting is what the FED will do at their next meeting because their economy and housing market has got recession written all over it........

........but will they prop up the $ and decide to combat inflation?

Decisions, decisions :rolleyes:

all depends on july inflation results next week and august results in sept.

also depends on what happens around the world and consumer prices.

so.. don't know yet but i reckon 2 months of nothing at least to allow the change to bed in.

if USA has to hike again and again and ECB and Japan and Australia etc and keep rising we will follow as sterling could be under threat so long term imo yes. I expect at least 5.25 by this time next year.

also remember fixed rate will rise as well i don't know what the best fixed rate for 5 years is at the mo' could someone please answer this question?

Haven't the ratio of mortgages been reverting from fixed rates to variable as they are cheaper?

Oh dear.