House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
firsttimebuyer

How Will Rise Affect House Prices

How will the rate rise affect house prices? I am looking to buy soon, within the next 2 months, will it have a dramatic affect on prices or not?

Probably not, after all its only 0.25% and it only restores the last cut. I suspect it will slow growth to a YOY of 2-3% by the end of 2006 rather than the 5% we're having at the moment. That's assuming this small rise is the last for 2006 of course!

You'll not hear much whining from the many fixed rate people such as myself; mine expires in 2012. Crystal ball anyone?

How will the rate rise affect house prices? I am looking to buy soon, within the next 2 months, will it have a dramatic affect on prices or not?

I'd hold off buying this year, as I don't think this will be the last rise plus coupled with all the other costs

It depends what you think. If enough of you 'would be buyers' think that prices will go down, they will.

If you have to buy you can always put in a low first offer & be prepared to walk away

In the short term i dont think it will affect house prices that much, but over the longer term (>6mth) i think that more and more BTL's will realise that they can earn more (and more easily) by simply putting money in the bank bringing typical FTB property onto the market which will cause house prices to fall and maybe city centre flats to crash.

Another IR rise or two and the difference between BTL and bank IR will be too much for even the novice BTL to ignore.

Dont underestimate the significance in confidence of a rate rise.

RIGHTMOVE (RMV.L) At 4:36PM : 270.00 p Down 16.50 (5.76%)

rate_rise_rmv.png

COUNTRYWIDE (CWD.L) At 4:36PM : 387.00 p Down 34.00 (8.08%)

rate_rise.png

Look at the graphs!!! From 12.00 it was a massive drop and a mass sell off - The volume of sales increased throughout the day! I can see this continuing late tommorrow!

We wonts see IMMEDIATE differences on the street but you will see the news being far more bearish. To O/P DO NOT BUY - THIS IS THE START OF THE CRASH - Have faith!

TB

** Bear in Mind CWD Countrywide was 523p not so long ago and Rightmove was 420p! Confidence drives markets and HPI is definately SPECULATIVE!

post-2719-1154627956_thumb.jpg

post-2719-1154627968_thumb.jpg

Edited by teddyboy