House Price Crash Forum
enworb

If Your Ast Expires Shortly

All the bears are very happy. If I thought there would be a hpc I would understand your glee.But I don't.

So everyone expects landlords to sell up before the big crash occurs. Unlikely. More chance of LL's raising rents to try to cover the increase in their mortgages.

In which case, those renting will be paying for the IR rise and not landlords.

Sorry to dampen the mood but this may well happen.Apom, ignore this and get drunk tonight. Worry about this tomorrow :D

More chance of LL's raising rents to try to cover the increase in their mortgages.

Like many landlords, mine doesn't have a mortgage. If the heavily-indebted BTLs try to raise rates to cover increased costs, it just means they'll lose more tentants to people who don't have to.

There are many options for reducing rent, even if you end up having to move back into your parents' house: there aren't very many for reducing mortgage payments.

All the bears are very happy. If I thought there would be a hpc I would understand your glee.But I don't.

So everyone expects landlords to sell up before the big crash occurs. Unlikely. More chance of LL's raising rents to try to cover the increase in their mortgages.

Sorry to dampen the mood but this may well happen.Apom, ignore this and get drunk tonight. Worry about this tomorrow :D

My contract expiring this month and I am looking to lowering the rent. This is what I have been doing for 2 years now.

More like LL cutting out the middle man (the FAT EA) & dealing direct

More chance of LL's raising rents to try to cover the increase in their mortgages.

With two empty city centre flats for every tenant in Bristol, I pity any landlords who dare to try to raise the rents at the moment. The general trend in rents for the last four years has been slowly downwards, despite IR's slowly increasing.

Like many landlords, mine doesn't have a mortgage. If the heavily-indebted BTLs try to raise rates to cover increased costs, it just means they'll lose more tentants to people who don't have to.

There are many options for reducing rent, even if you end up having to move back into your parents' house: there aren't very many for reducing mortgage payments.

Exactly! We just reduced our rent. All tenants should do the same. In some areas, it's not so much about what the LL charges as what the tenants are prepared to pay. BTLs won't have much joy trying to pass on costs. Depending on how quick the penny drops, they'll realise that selling just might be their only option.

dont be suprised if you can now find a better deal on a better rental.

they will be so desperate to get any sort of rent cover, i predict a rent price war panic.

there has never been so many homes for rent as now.

its a renters market. too bad landlords....

I concur, the lovely family who own the building we live in have owned it since the fifties :P

Like all good landlords they're more concerned with getting good tenants as opposed to trying to get as much rent PCM.

Sorry to point out the obvious but I don't think rental rates ever have or ever will be linked to interest rates, if rates go up then land lords profits go down, eventually this could lead to fewer lettings thus lower supply which will lead to increasing prices, but it is far from a direct link. Rent is far more strongly related to pay.

dont be suprised if you can now find a better deal on a better rental.

they will be so desperate to get any sort of rent cover, i predict a rent price war panic.

there has never been so many homes for rent as now.

its a renters market. too bad landlords....

Totally agree the area we've been renting from for the last two years (SE), has seen rents falling, I put this down partly to over supply.

Yeah, btletters can try whatever they want.

Doesn't mean they will succeed.

The rental rate is determined by what people are able/willing to pay.

Not the costs. Otherwise BTL would be on its back already,

oh wait it is.

;)

I think this is fairly unlikely. There is a glut of property on the rental market and rents in my area are definitely going down. I am hoping we will harmonise with continental rents within the next ten years (Renting in France is 1/3rd of UK price)

I've just relocated to Nottingham and I've spent the past 2 weeks looking at places to rent. I'm in no rush to do so as I've family in the area but what has struck me is just how much is available. LL's are crying out for good reliable tennants.

The market is awash with places to rent. Price is not really a factor for me but if it were I would be in a very strong bargaining position.

That would be even better. EA's dropping their agency fees. I don't use an agent and so I charge less to keep my tenant happier....for longer.

But in light of todays IR rise........ :lol: