House Price Crash Forum
Jason

Ecb Raises Interest Rates To 3%

BoJ are likely to hike again soon which may provide the knock out punch to the HPI madness.

News is so good today I am going to have two McVitie's Dark Chocholate Wholemeal Biscuits with my tea!

News is so good today I am going to have two McVitie's Dark Chocholate Wholemeal Biscuits with my tea!

Really RB, You're old enough to know better!

I am going to have two McVitie's Dark Chocholate Wholemeal Biscuits with my tea!

Now now RB, do not go over doing it, one is quite enough, its all this excitement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Edited by Panda

I like the sound of that. I think I'll pick some up from the shops on my way home. I can pay for them with the extra money that my debt-free person's savings have earned since the rate rise :lol:

How can the BBC use the same argument to reach two different conclusions?

ECB:

"With inflation in the eurozone at 2.5% over the past three months, well above the bank's 2% target, most analysts predicted the [interest rates] rise."

BoE:

"Inflation rose to 2.5% in June - above the government's 2% target - amid fears energy costs may force prices up more.

The [interest rates] move surprised many analysts who were expecting policymakers to wait longer to assess the impact of rising consumer prices on the wider economy."

Edited by King Of Fools

ughh. those things are awful. like a wet bourbon thats fallen into a jar of cheap coco.

too choclatey and way too 'dusty'.

so that's Australia, the UK and the Eurozone in the space of 48 hours.

plenty of momentum building here methinks!

Indeed, could we see "competitive" rate rises gather more momentum as banks seek to protect their currencies? More nasty inflation data (likely) in the next month or two could see a (relatively) sudden global acceleration in IRs