House Price Crash Forum
Jason

Interest Rates Rise To 4.75%

Wait until their annual charabanc outing to Brighton. ;)

171 people reading this topic BTW.

EDIT. Up to 196 while I wrote the above!

196!!!

Lets face it, Tony is now being seen as tottally screwing up in the Middle East, what better way for him to take our minds off what is going on in Iraq and Israel by focusing our minds on a property slump. I am sorry to have to admit to this, but i would put money on the fact that most people in the UK care much more about property prices than they do the Middle East, FAR MUCH MORE.

May I humbly suggest once again an HPC member got the headline wrong:

"Interest Rates Rise To 4.75%, Wow. Shock. Horror"

surely:

"Interest Rates Rise To 4.75%, Wow. Shock. Relief!"

Ok, fair enough. I'm just too excited. I'll change it especially for you!

171 people reading this topic BTW.

EDIT. Up to 196 while I wrote the above!

243 users online

243 tell 10 people <2430> , they tell ten people <24300>...........<2430000> the power of speech, the word is out, its the end of cheap credit, i know its only .25%, but, sentiment is the key here!!!

Edited by Panda

Ok, fair enough. I'm just too excited. I'll change it especially for you!

The first rise of many. Another nail in the coffin of the miracle economy. How will EAs spin this?

I'm loving it. YES :P:P:P:P:P:P:P

on £500,000 that's an extra £2,500 a year before 40% tax on it, or £1,500 after tax, or £28.60 a week.... it'll need a lot more rises and a lot of falls in prices......

I think you'll find he said ISA = no income tax at all.

Lets face it, Tony is now being seen as tottally screwing up in the Middle East, what better way for him to take our minds off what is going on in Iraq and Israel by focusing our minds on a property slump. I am sorry to have to admit to this, but i would put money on the fact that most people in the UK care much more about property prices than they do the Middle East, FAR MUCH MORE.

Yes, because as sh1t as this is, they are more affected personally by the former than the latter.

'For Sale' - many estate agents...........

I think there will be another EA or two closing down in my small town highstreet currently 9, down from 11 in 6 months

Edited by Live_in_hope

i hope the headline in the express is

"cost of a mortgage has gone up by 5.55%"

rather than

"0.25% rise in mortgage rate"

either way it is a glorious day for the HPC massive

God.

01.jpg

Let's say an instrument of God's wrath upon a greedy and irrationally exhuberant Miracle Economy <_<

But will Gordon come to a sense of sorrow and repentance over what he hath wrought upon the poor souls of the wretches who have suffered at his hand?

According to Channel 4 the chap can GUARANTEE there will be no more rate rises this year!

Edited by Jason

Guest Bart of Darkness

Now at 229 viewing this topic.

Good news travels fast!

EDIT: Up to 245 now.

Edited by Bart of Darkness

Easy there, chaps. Long way to go yet.

Does anyone want to set up a website now predicting the unexpected removal of people from the MPC in the near future? If we do that, and get it out there, we've a chance of spreading real fear and conspiracy theory if one of them decides to quit for a better job!

(Or even dies mysteriously)

I tell you now, buyers will pull out immediately; the market will die going into winter and we will see negative movement by the year end. Finally the HPI is dead. Long live the HPD.

So much for Gordon Brown controls the MPC!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

This is a great day.

For the first time in history the trend in IRs has been solitary ie the cut last time has been reversed without being added to.

There may or may not be another increase - there doesn't now have to be for an HPC.

Bravo to everyone on this site and particularly to Greg the Webmaster.

We have fought them on the beaches. We have fough them on the streets and in the EAs and in the lenders. We have succeeded and we have prevailed. I salute you Greg (Churchill). DDDRRRRRRRRRRRRRRum roll

God save our gracious Guvner. Long live our noble Guvnor. God save the Guvnor.

Hats in the air :D:D:D

Three cheers for the HPC

hip hip......hooray

hip hip......hooray

hip hip......hooray

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

fp

Yahoos frontpage had "rates set to hold" earlier, now that the base rate has gone up, there is not any mention of a rise on there and the previous headline has gone. You'd have thought this would've been interesting news since they were so sure!!

Edited by OzzMosiz

According to noon news the money so called expert on ITV was adamant there would be no rise. Krishnan pointed put he was wrong and the expert said he was shocked, he suggested without a doubt that this will be the last increase this year however he also suggested without doubt that rates would hold this morning.

Haaaaaa!

I really didn;t think it was going to happen, can't wait for July inflation figures.

Right, and the limits are minimal (compared to house prices) and it's only guaranteed to be like that till 2010. If you put the lot in for 6 years, you would have oh, about £22K after interest now - that's not going to be much of a pot is it (in all seriousness, even if prices fall, that won't stretch too much).

Edited by Rachman

Is that pretty or what? B)

Very pretty indeed - it shows that the 0.25pc increase takes us back to the dizzy heights of, ohhh, August last year <_<

And I notice that the increase from 3.50pc to 4.75pc in the first place hardly killed HPI.

You are celebrating way too early :P