House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Webmaster

Colourfulradio.com 03 August 2006

Debate re overseas property

Listen to the recording (MP3)

Well he should be on but there's just some bloke talking about investing in property abroad and guaranteeing that you can double your money! He reckons Bulgiar is a catch but I think he's talking about Bulgaria!!!

Right he's finally on now!!! 10:26

Good work Jonathan, a pity no-one listens to it!

Edited by Financial Planner

Interesting. Was that email from you webmaster?

I did record it, but missed the very last bit off. The player kept going dead (too many people using it probably).

Interesting. Was that email from you webmaster?

I did record it, but missed the very last bit off. The player kept going dead (too many people using it probably).

Yeah, that was me although they read my email wrongly and said that I thought it was a good idea to by property abroad...yeah right!!! Mind you it stumped the French bloke about rising oil prices and the fact that you might have a nice place the other side of the world but you can't get to it in the future because you wouldn't be able to afford the airfare which would also mean that you probably wouldn't be able to sell it or rent it out either....great investment!

I've recorded it and will post the mp3 download shortly. I think I will cut out the gumpf at the start for about 10 minutes with that French bloke or add it as a separate download for sheer comic value!

FP - I thought you did an excellent job. Would've like you to say about rising house prices widening the gap

for people moving up the 'ladder', but I'm just nit-picking!!

FP for HPC Spokesperson!! :D

Great Job FP--the word is getting out. Many have no idea what is about to happen to them given the quality of our average newspaper and the endless hype from EAs and their "asking price" data.

Lets hope the Parliamentary Investigation of the independence of the BoE explodes the popular myth <_<

I have to agree there with DrBubb, global leveling is happening - and will continue to happen in these new accession EU countries. It is predicted that countries like the Czech Republic, Estonia, Poland, Latvia etc will be on par in terms of GDP within 10 years - some leveling more quickly than others.

Also, I agree with the french expert that tourist destinations within these countries will prosper to a greater extent, consider the success of Prague - global stag party central (although they need to shift away from this image now). Prices are rising by 20% a year for a reason - and this does not indicate a bubble, since GDP is rising along with the house prices.

This is why im buying an apartment in Czech Republic (to live) and hopefully 2 apartments in Poland (Krakov).

Oh and buying £100 of Dinars (yes i read GEI too).