House Price Crash Forum

Government Ns&i Promoting Heavily On Tv

dnd

HOLA441

http://www.nsandi.com/

I've just had to endure another NS&I advert on TV....

NS&I (Government savings/investments) have recently changed their adverts to emphasise how they can beat inflation

This is just total BS with REAL inflation currently running near 10%+ - your cash will be worthless by the time you get it back...

This is just another pointer to the way things are heading....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperinflation

Governments will often try to disguise the true rate of inflation through a variety of techniques. These can include the following:

- Outright lying as to official statistics such as money supply, inflation or reserves.

- Suppression of publication of money supply statistics, or inflation indices.

- Price and wage controls.

- Forced savings schemes, designed to suck up excess liquidity. These savings schemes may be described as pensions schemes, emergency funds, war funds, or similar.

- Adjusting the components of the Consumer Price Index, to remove those items whose prices are rising the fastest.

So, thats "..wage controls" through immigration and fiddling with the CPI/inflation figures ticked off on the list

There are still a few on the list they haven't tried yet - like FORCED saving (but IIRC I think they are going to force people to save for their 'pensions' in the near future)

Edited by dnd

HOLA442

i saw the ads this evening and also noticed the extra emphasis on the word INFLATION. trouble is, the bonds only pay half what the real inflation is. so you'll lose around 5% of the pounds value every year they stay in.

god help you if its your house deposit money your stashing.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

http://www.nsandi.com/

I've just had to endure another NS&I advert on TV....

NS&I (Government savings/investments) have recently changed their adverts to emphasise how they can beat inflation

This is just total BS with REAL inflation currently running near 10%+ - your cash will be worthless by the time you get it back...

This is just another pointer to the way things are heading....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperinflation

So, thats "..wage controls" through immigration and fiddling with the CPI/inflation figures ticked off on the list

There are still a few on the list they haven't tried yet - like FORCED saving (but IIRC I think they are going to force people to save for their 'pensions' in the near future)

Absolutely on the button. Great post dnd!

HOLA446
HOLA447

As the economy slows the government will need to get their hands on more money.

As unemployment rises, tax revenues slow and expenses build.

The easy way is to sell more debt, but this has the unpleasant reaction of forcing up interest rates.

So going to consumers for a cheap loan must be one of the next best things...

HOLA448

I saw the advert, and the said 'inflation' three times to hammer it home.

But what surprised me is how Sur Alan Sugar didn't say "blah blah blah, that's why my fee for this add is going to Great Almond St." Is he still donating this? Or have the Government decided to devote those few seconds to mentioning inflation, inflation, inflation...

HOLA449

But what surprised me is how Sur Alan Sugar didn't say "blah blah blah, that's why my fee for this add is going to Great Almond St." Is he still donating this? Or have the Government decided to devote those few seconds to mentioning inflation, inflation, inflation...

Inflation had probably eroded his fee to the point of worthlessness by the time he'd finished.... :lol:

HOLA4410
Guest absolutezero

The flash it in writing at the bottom for a few seconds.

Must have annoyed the living shit out of people when he used to say that.

HOLA4411