House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
delboypass

When Will They Raise Interest Rates!

Ive started to go loopy waiting for the Government to do something reactive to the continuing house price crisis.

They have had about 10 years to do something now. They still have not got a single decent policy to tackle house prices except for their crappy shared ownership scheme which was always going to fail!!

ALL THEY NEED TO DO IS RAISE INTEREST RATES!!!!

Everyone is going bankrupt anyway - just read the news!!!

Its not my fault they have borrowed to the hilt and are affected by small interest rate rises but now im stuck with my deposit ive saved over years deflating its value!!

How come every other country is raising interest rates and we are sitting on our butts twiddling our thumbs!!

Our ecomony is screwed anyway blatantly from reading the newspaper everyday as pretty much is the UK society except for those with numerous houses already in their pockets.

I seriously would have thought the Government would have done something by now since they knew the problem was growing 6 years ago at least!!

Anyone else about to give up. The problem is the only way to give up is to bite the bullet and buy an overinflated asset and work and pay taxes to those who waste your hard work!!

But why would they change the IR when the pound is showing no sign of weakening?

I know there are a lot of pressures which could facilitate an increase, but with the current environment of ‘lets leave it alone’ and every VI asking for a cut, what is the real incentive - apart from inflation - but then how serious have they been about tackling that particular issue in the recent past.

The worsening situation in the Middle East will determine how soon we have a house price crash.

If Syria and Iran join the hostilities this will force USA and possibly Russia to intervene.

The prediction is contained in the last book of the Bible(Revelations) and it is apparent to most that the anti-christ is Osama Bin Laden.

We will all be blown to kingdom come and house prices will crash.

It's all so simple.

But why would they change the IR when the pound is showing no sign of weakening?

I know there are a lot of pressures which could facilitate an increase, but with the current environment of ‘lets leave it alone’ and every VI asking for a cut, what is the real incentive - apart from inflation - but then how serious have they been about tackling that particular issue in the recent past.

Pound is not strong.. it is trading well..

the countries debt has come home to lay waste

Oh yes? There were similar mutterings about Hitler, Nasser, Assad and Saddam.

And where are they now? Dead by suicide, dead by heart attack, dead and finally imprisoned and washing his underpants in front of the world. And the mighty Osama? A caveman since 2001.

Stick to your UFO and Atlantis books, I think.

The worsening situation in the Middle East will determine how soon we have a house price crash.

If Syria and Iran join the hostilities this will force USA and possibly Russia to intervene.

The prediction is contained in the last book of the Bible(Revelations) and it is apparent to most that the anti-christ is Osama Bin Laden.

It's all so simple.

ALL THEY NEED TO DO IS RAISE INTEREST RATES!!!!

They can leave rates as they are, and the housing market will fall. An HPC is well underway in the US, which will cause a consumer led recession over there, which will impact here big time. As people have said elsewhere, rates of 0% didn't stop the Japanese housing market falling by up to 80% - And the Japanese have a relatively healthy, export led economy! The UK has so little going for it.

TTRTR has said he's selling. The House price bulls seem to have been reduced to the CO & Ignorant Steve double act, who both believe in plateau land. CO mistakenly thinks things haven't changed from the good old days, when he was young and wage inflation was the norm. Steve fervently agrees with CO, whilst bevering away importing wage deflation and exporting jobs. :rolleyes:

TTRTR has said he's selling. The House price bulls seem to have been reduced to the CO & Ignorant Steve double act, who both believe in plateau land. CO mistakenly thinks things haven't changed from the good old days, when he was young and wage inflation was the norm. Steve fervently agrees with CO, whilst bevering away importing wage deflation and exporting jobs. :rolleyes:

????

TTRTR hasn't sold anything AFAIK - he's still spouting his bull drivel on the 'other site'....

It's all so simple.

Its actually George Bush but anyway who cares. We will all be blown to kingdom come and house prices will crash. ;)

Its actually George Bush but anyway who cares. We will all be blown to kingdom come and house prices will crash. ;)

...in that order?

It's all so simple.

Methinks you've been reading www.conspiracytheories.org too much.................

If rates do go up, could we name the period between aug 05 and aug 06 "The 12 months of excess"?

Edited by Jason

Anyone else about to give up. The problem is the only way to give up is to bite the bullet and buy an overinflated asset and work and pay taxes to those who waste your hard work!!

me too.

but im giving up the hope and dreams of an england that has died. its no more. probably will never be the same again. those days seem like they might be over for good. the under 35s are simply not welcome here anymore.

i plan on 24mths more and if no serious change or stagnation, im am leaving for europe. i will find work because of what i do and that will also leave a hole in where i am leaving. but tough. ive wasted the best part of 4 years waiting for normality in the uk and its simply going too slow and being foought all the way. i wont wait 4 more, or forever. life is too short.

im looking at spain/portugal and calling it a day. i just give up on the uk. its pathertic.