House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
muggle

High Street Very Quiet Recently...

My local high street has been very quiet recently, maybe everyone is on holiday?

So if that is the case, why are there large queues in most of the banks?

Anyone else notice this?

i have noticed this as well but suspect it is rather more prosaic than you imagine. people getting their mew out for that big holiday, or changing back to sterling after that big holiday.

All I see in Worcester high street is weasel-faced, sport-clothed chavs and their fat-arsed girlfriends stuffing their faces with cheap pasties and riding stolen mountain bikes whilst bellowing to each other and flobbing on the pavement.

And pigeons.

All I see in Worcester high street is weasel-faced, sport-clothed chavs and their fat-arsed girlfriends stuffing their faces with cheap pasties and riding stolen mountain bikes whilst bellowing to each other and flobbing on the pavement.

And pigeons.

Worcester's image is improving then!

Do they still have women-of-the-night hanging round Northleach Close?

Walking through Stratford the other day and glanced into a few EA windows. The usual scene, no customers just young gentlemen or ladies sitting at their desks with transfixed expressions on their faces just like the sad hollow look people have when they come out of a weepy movie.

Walking through Stratford the other day and glanced into a few EA windows. The usual scene, no customers just young gentlemen or ladies sitting at their desks with transfixed expressions on their faces just like the sad hollow look people have when they come out of a weepy movie.

well i saw 2 ea with a notice of repossesion on their windows in london today.

I have not noticed anything other than high streets getting ever busier, which squares with our fast rising population.

Possibly, but are they spending money like they did, say 3 years ago? I don't reckon so.

Look at the amount of bags about - plenty of Primark, M&S and Peacocks bags but the mid/upper market fashion market is on its knees

I think the sight of a polar bear wearing glasses peering in through the front window would do the same to me too.

Don't most banks have air conditioning? I've been tempted to spend the whole weekend in our air-conditioned corner shop recently :).

Was thinking that myself, over the weekend every estate agent I walked passed was empty apart from sad desperate looking employees looking at me as I passed, wishing me to walk in and show some interest in their overpriced and highly amusing prices of property in the window.

Could have gone in to make a comical remark, but thought why waste my breath.

Was thinking that myself, over the weekend every estate agent I walked passed was empty apart from sad desperate looking employees looking at me as I passed, wishing me to walk in and show some interest in their overpriced and highly amusing prices of property in the window.

Could have gone in to make a comical remark, but thought why waste my breath.

I've seen 2 EA's downsizing or relocating here in Chester, after they've been in the same place for years. Anyone else noticing this in their area?

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship

My local high street has been very quiet recently, maybe everyone is on holiday?

So if that is the case, why are there large queues in most of the banks?

they are probably getting their holiday money out.

Ragdoll productions (creators of Teletubbies) are based in Stratford. Sure you weren't looking in their window? :D