House Price Crash Forum

Housing Threat To Green Belt Land

Jason

HOLA441

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/5236802.stm

A huge rise in house building in the West Midlands' countryside threatens green belt land and is "environmental vandalism", campaigners have claimed.
The Campaign to Protect Rural England (CPRE) fears the region is the new "battleground" for housing development due to increased government pressure.
Government predictions could see 50% more land than currently planned being allocated over the next 25 years.
The government, and housing charity Shelter, have rubbished the claims.
The West Midlands Regional Assembly is consulting councils about the plans for housing development.
Urban authorities say that they have limited building land and developers would abandon house building on derelict or under-used sites that need remedial work if they were given cheap greenfield alternatives.

NIMBY, NIMBY, NIMBY, oi oi oi!!!

HOLA442

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/5236802.stm

A huge rise in house building in the West Midlands' countryside threatens green belt land and is "environmental vandalism", campaigners have claimed.
The Campaign to Protect Rural England (CPRE) fears the region is the new "battleground" for housing development due to increased government pressure.
Government predictions could see 50% more land than currently planned being allocated over the next 25 years.
The government, and housing charity Shelter, have rubbished the claims.
The West Midlands Regional Assembly is consulting councils about the plans for housing development.
Urban authorities say that they have limited building land and developers would abandon house building on derelict or under-used sites that need remedial work if they were given cheap greenfield alternatives.

NIMBY, NIMBY, NIMBY, oi oi oi!!!

Yeah - those lovely green fields of chemical sprayed monocultural dullness. They really need protecting. Lets all live in flats so that we can save them from being built on.

I'm all for protecting natural habit but when I'm told there is more biodiversity in peoples gardens than in these big 'green' fields then I'd rather have a house at a reasonable price with my own piece of 'green' field in the back garden where I can nuture wildlife without resorting to covering it in chemicals.