House Price Crash Forum

Cookson Fires 220 Workers To Move Jobs To Poland

HOLA441

http://www.ananova.com/business/story/sm_1938060.html?menu=

Jobs To Go In Poland Move
Industrial materials firm Cookson Group is to close two plants with the loss of 220 jobs.
The factories at Goole and Worksop are being closed with the work transferred to Poland.
Some jobs will also go at the firm's UK headquarters in Barlborough.

Too expensive for Brits and immigrants to work in the UK. Interesting trend may be starting.

HOLA442

http://www.ananova.com/business/story/sm_1938060.html?menu=

Jobs To Go In Poland Move
Industrial materials firm Cookson Group is to close two plants with the loss of 220 jobs.
The factories at Goole and Worksop are being closed with the work transferred to Poland.
Some jobs will also go at the firm's UK headquarters in Barlborough.

Too expensive for Brits and immigrants to work in the UK. Interesting trend may be starting.

A more plausible interpretation would be that core costs such as wages are far lower in Poland. Also, the Eastern European countries continue to offer craxy incentives to attract foreign investment (tax breaks for ten years, payment for each job created, infrastructure costs, etc).

If anything, the trend should level off in the coming years as wages rise in the former Eastern bloc and the EU begins to clamp down on incentives in the interests of creating a level playing field.

HOLA443

A more plausible interpretation would be that core costs such as wages are far lower in Poland. Also, the Eastern European countries continue to offer craxy incentives to attract foreign investment (tax breaks for ten years, payment for each job created, infrastructure costs, etc).

If anything, the trend should level off in the coming years as wages rise in the former Eastern bloc and the EU begins to clamp down on incentives in the interests of creating a level playing field.

Your faith in capatalism is staggering. First of all, excess labour in Poland would need to be absorbed before pay increased and that could take forever. If pay did increase it could pull Poles back from the UK causing pay to rise here too, that would accelerate outsourcing, not diminish it.

The EU moves at the speed of a Tortoise when dealing with incentives such as those you have mentioned. The UK has suffered unfair EU practices for decades and now the rest of the world has joined in, i.e. China.

Business's move to the cheapest point of production, happens the world over. In doing so they impoverish the economy they have left - the very healthy economy they planned to sell into.

deano!.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

If I can comfortably afford housing. holidays, good food, good drink, books, film, music and going out then I'm happy. Hopefully poland will boom and then maybe we will start to have a falling population here. I reckon population falling to say 50million or lower would be great for this country. I am fed up with politicians thinking the only way forward is an increasing population. Loads of problems such as house prices, environmental issues will be improved by a falling population.