House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
CrashedOutAndBurned

Girls See No Future In Uk Save For Being A Gymslip Mum?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/5217634.stm

It's a sad article. Despite years of schooling these girls see nothing on offer in the UK.

What do you tell them?

'Look, I know your exams weren't up to much but you're an honest sort of kid. Go and get a job in the knickers dept at M&S and if you work hard maybe one day you can be a supervisor and earn enough to pay half your wages to live in a cold dank bedsit'.

Or...

'With a baby you at least have soime purpose in life and you'll race up the housing priority list and get a place with your own front door'.

There's no way they can truly win, either way. Honest work has become a mugs game.

The poor have been utterly trampled on.

WHY DOES IT TAKE THE F**KING GOVERNMENT 10 YEARS BEFORE THEY ACT!!!

Everyone knows the Government benefits system is only providing a huge layer of underclass - cut these benefits and get htem to work. Its not hard. Who is going to go to work to support these people???

UK has highest number of teen pregnancies in Europe!!

It is really starting to wear me down..everyone else knew years ago that people were taking advantage of the system to get free houses and only yesterday in 3 seperate articles in 1 day I was subjected to reading about loads of different girls getting pregnant at ages as little as 13 to get their own houses....

No wonder i cant afford a house when we get all these classes of people

1/ when women get pregnant to get a free council house,

2/ others are asylum seekers getting loads of benefits,

3/ others just cant be bothered going to work so sit at home and get more in beenfits than I earn

4/ the rest work but end up screwing the system by working and claiming benefits.

5/ public sector employees getting paid to do feck all and then go on strike to get paid more to do feck all

6/ MPs who are meant to run the country but end up spending all our tax money on nothing and themselves

Is there anyone who actually works in the UK anymore except the polish immigrants it seems??

Oh well, It's a shame but I suppose there will always be plebs until everyone comes from a good family with a good home (and are genetically engineered to have a certain IQ leve)

Take it away Vicky:

vicky1_1_.jpg

Vicky: I got the lurgy. Yeah I know because there was this whole fing 'cause I was down the arcade and Kelly flobbed on Destiny and a bit of it landed in my hair because Kelly hates Destiny because Destiny told Warren that Kelly pads her bra. It's true - Nathan reckons he put his hand down there and pulled out a bag of Jelly Tots.

post-5353-1154464752_thumb.jpg

WHY DOES IT TAKE THE F**KING GOVERNMENT 10 YEARS BEFORE THEY ACT!!!

Everyone knows the Government benefits system is only providing a huge layer of underclass - cut these benefits and get htem to work. Its not hard. Who is going to go to work to support these people???

UK has highest number of teen pregnancies in Europe!!

It is really starting to wear me down..everyone else knew years ago that people were taking advantage of the system to get free houses and only yesterday in 3 seperate articles in 1 day I was subjected to reading about loads of different girls getting pregnant at ages as little as 13 to get their own houses....

No wonder i cant afford a house when we get all these classes of people

1/ when women get pregnant to get a free council house,

2/ others are asylum seekers getting loads of benefits,

3/ others just cant be bothered going to work so sit at home and get more in beenfits than I earn

4/ the rest work but end up screwing the system by working and claiming benefits.

5/ public sector employees getting paid to do feck all and then go on strike to get paid more to do feck all

6/ MPs who are meant to run the country but end up spending all our tax money on nothing and themselves

Is there anyone who actually works in the UK anymore except the polish immigrants it seems??

I work hard everyday, with the stress of owning a small business and trying to ensure my few staff have jobs in the future.

You're right though, and I'm reaching the point where I honestly don't think all the stress and worry is worth while. Even my own sister has never done a days work (but has 2 kids) and has a house and has been funded for 10 years whilst I've slaved away, had hardly any holiday time and just watched the red tape and back door taxes take away more and more of my efforts.

ARRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

For the last 15 years I've been seeing this, lots of single mums getting a nice council house some of them go on to have another couple of kids, though in both cases the father long gone, then they need a 3 bed house & guess what its he council have one lined up on a silver platter.

Now with high levels of immigration the problem is even greater.

My advice to you all have lots of kids - at least six give up work & you'll get a nice house - all problems solved !

I wish I'd taken the above route, only one & thats our lot.......need to find a fertile young female, with the reproductive abilities of alien.

Actually these girls are doing the right thing. We should all reproduce mutliple times in order to perpetuate the housing pyramid.

There have to be more mugs at the bottom than the top else it'll all tip over.

The funny thing is, teenage girls who jump into the 'have a baby, get a house' bubble today will find themselves kicked out into the streets in their thirties when the productive people of the country finally tire of paying them to sit around breeding.

Guest Bart of Darkness
Many young girls even see having a baby as a better option than a low-paid "dead-end" job, recent research for the Joseph Rowntree Foundation suggests.

Hardly surprising is it? Work hard in some minimum wage job for sweet FA or do sweet FA and be paid by the state. How much did it cost the JJoseph Rowntree Foundation to come up with that conclusion?

"Education is the key to it," she says. "If we can get them through their GCSEs and help them finish their schooling we can give them and their children far better lives."

What actual difference will that make?

What actual difference will that make?

Indeed: the problem is not lack of education, it's the fact that hard work is no longer rewarded. But that's not something the government will admit, because they're the primary cause of the situation.

Indeed: the problem is not lack of education, it's the fact that hard work is no longer rewarded. But that's not something the government will admit, because they're the primary cause of the situation.

Exactly. Particularly for the low-paid. As I said in my first post, what life do you get for simply being an honest working person? Simply being low-paid gets you b'all in terms of housing. A chap I knew in low paid work waited over eight years for an HA flat - he'd had some health problems but made the mistake of actually continuing to work.

I say the only way forward that's fair to evryone is replace benefits with a citizen's income that everyone gets, which is as generous as a clutch of benefits. The benefits system is so complicated that getting rid of it would make this possible. I prefer a Citizen's Income based on debt-free public money to replaced debt-money but it's still do-able in the present monetary regieme.

- If you want to sit around watching House Invaders all day in your slippers. Fine.

- If you want to get back into work and back or your feet you can do so without losing your Citizen's Income.

- If a mother or father wants to stop work for a while to look after their kid they have a better chance of being able to.

- If you want to do an important or creative job that doesn't pay that well, you have your Citizen's Income so don't have to do something you find utterly spirit crushing.

- If you're carrying health issues you can work as much as you can without losing out.

- If you want to start a business but will have little cash flow for a while, at least your Citizen's Income is in place.

It appeals both to poeple who want to see people 'taken care of' in society and also to people who want to see effort rewarded.

Exactly. Particularly for the low-paid. As I said in my first post, what life do you get for simply being an honest working person? Simply being low-paid gets you b'all in terms of housing. A chap I knew in low paid work waited over eight years for an HA flat - he'd had some health problems but made the mistake of actually continuing to work.

I say the only way forward that's fair to evryone is replace benefits with a citizen's income that everyone gets, which is as generous as a clutch of benefits. The benefits system is so complicated that getting rid of it would make this possible. I prefer a Citizen's Income based on debt-free public money to replaced debt-money but it's still do-able in the present monetary regieme.

- If you want to sit around watching House Invaders all day in your slippers. Fine.

- If you want to get back into work and back or your feet you can do so without losing your Citizen's Income.

- If a mother or father wants to stop work for a while to look after their kid they have a better chance of being able to.

- If you want to do an important or creative job that doesn't pay that well, you have your Citizen's Income so don't have to do something you find utterly spirit crushing.

- If you're carrying health issues you can work as much as you can without losing out.

- If you want to start a business but will have little cash flow for a while, at least your Citizen's Income is in place.

It appeals both to poeple who want to see people 'taken care of' in society and also to people who want to see effort rewarded.

But it doesnt appeal to me because I know that it will be paid for by taxing me at 50%. I worked hard towards making sure I have above average earnings so I dont like the idea of your suggestion. If on the other hand it were to be funded by a property owners tax then I think it would be an excellent idea.

But it doesnt appeal to me because I know that it will be paid for by taxing me at 50%.

Aren't we already paying a fortune on benefits etc?

Besides, the rich such as yourself always whinge about paying tax. Tough. Hand over the loot, moneybags!

But it doesnt appeal to me because I know that it will be paid for by taxing me at 50%. I worked hard towards making sure I have above average earnings so I dont like the idea of your suggestion. If on the other hand it were to be funded by a property owners tax then I think it would be an excellent idea.

I agree, a "Citizen's Income" is a ludicrous idea. Who would even bother to do low paid jobs if this existed? Hard work should be rewarded bu lower taxes and those that don't work should get no more than a basic allowance. Child supporrt income should stop after someone has 2 children...

I'd like to present another side to the argument, how much do we spend on IVF treatments for woman who have left it too late to get pregnant by climbing the career ladder.

I actually think it would probably be better for society if we all had children in our early twenties and spent the time at home bringing them up, mothers and fathers and then as the children grow up more time can be dedicated to the career and climbing the career and housing ladder.

These young mums have their babies and then from the age of three their benefits are linked to weather they are prepared to stuff their kids in a nursery to be looked after by somebody even less capable than themselves and then as a result the little shits grow into special needs children which are as much if not more of a drain on the public purse.

It's all wrong.

I agree, a "Citizen's Income" is a ludicrous idea. Who would even bother to do low paid jobs if this existed? Hard work should be rewarded bu lower taxes and those that don't work should get no more than a basic allowance.

This "basic allowance" is a ludicrous idea. Who would even bother to do low paid jobs if this existed?

Instruction through satire aside, Basic Income (as the Citizen's Income is commonly referred to as) has been suggested a number of times. Nixon almost managed to bring in something similar, and Ireland was considering it a few years ago.

Your argument that nobody would do low paid jobs does not hold water. The current system, whereby taking this low paid job reduces welfare payments, means there is little point in taking such a job, because you lose welfare cash. If we had a Basic Income, people would indeed take low paid jobs because it increased their income.

Edited by JJJ

I agree, a "Citizen's Income" is a ludicrous idea. Who would even bother to do low paid jobs if this existed? Hard work should be rewarded bu lower taxes and those that don't work should get no more than a basic allowance. Child supporrt income should stop after someone has 2 children...

People would be more inclined to do low paid jobs if every pound they earned meant an extra pound in their pocket (less a - preferably flat - tax), as opposed to the current arrangement where every pound they earn results in a pound less in benefits.

I'd like to present another side to the argument, how much do we spend on IVF treatments for woman who have left it too late to get pregnant by climbing the career ladder.

I actually think it would probably be better for society if we all had children in our early twenties and spent the time at home bringing them up, mothers and fathers and then as the children grow up more time can be dedicated to the career and climbing the career and housing ladder.

These young mums have their babies and then from the age of three their benefits are linked to weather they are prepared to stuff their kids in a nursery to be looked after by somebody even less capable than themselves and then as a result the little shits grow into special needs children which are as much if not more of a drain on the public purse.

It's all wrong.

so if i woman is in her 30s who has worked all her life but didnt meet the right person until she was in her 30s decides she is ready to have children and finds she cant, you think she should be punished

nice attitude

so if i woman is in her 30s who has worked all her life but didnt meet the right person until she was in her 30s decides she is ready to have children and finds she cant, you think she should be punished

nice attitude

Not helping someone is not the same as punishing them.

Not helping someone is not the same as punishing them.

try telling that to someone who needs fertility treatment and desperately wants a family then

try telling that to someone who needs fertility treatment and desperately wants a family then

Why are you , boo, punishing me by not giving me all your money?

Why are you , boo, punishing me by not giving me all your money?

if someone has paid into the system they are entitled to help, or dont you agree with that?

or are you one of those people who think fat people,smokers,alcoholics and drugs addicts shouldnt get help aswell?

in fact the infertile should get help above these people as its not (in most cases) self inflicted

if someone has paid into the system they are entitled to help, or dont you agree with that?

I think that punishing someone is not the same as not helping them.

You chose to turn my minor point into some kind of commentary on rights and expectations in the welfare system.

Is the following interesting enough for you? Take your pathetic, whingy opinions and shove them up your ****.

Edit: ******ing censorship. Mother******ers.

Edited by JJJ

I think education is actually a very serious problem in the uk.

I think something like 50% of all 16 year olds leave school without maths and English GCSEs, ie virtually illiterate and almost unemployable. Another way of saying this is after 11 years of compulsory state schooling half of all puplis might as well have stayed at home.

I thinks fundamentally, the current state monopoly on education needs a total overhaul.